- Rotax V-twin engine, liquid-cooled with electronic fuel injection and electronic throttle control
- 5-speed manual with reverse (SM5)
- Horsepower @ RPM:
- 100 @ 7500
- Torque @ RPM:
- 80 @ 5000
- PGM-FI electronic fuel injection
- 998 cc
Meet the Can-AM Spyder ST-S which is the sporty version of the Spyder ST. This model comes with a series of small modifications that give it a slightly sportier personality. Among them you’ll find new 15 inch Carbon Black rims, a redesigned front fender, a sportier seat and a unique Carbon Black treatment on the handlebars, exhaust tip, footrests, rear sprocket and springs.
The Spyder ST-S is propelled by a 998cc Rotax V-twin, liquid-cooled engine with electronic fuel injection and electronic throttle control. The engine puts out 100 hp (74.5 kW) at 7500 RPM and 80 lb-ft. (108 Nm) of torque at 5000 RPM. All this power is kept in leash by a standard 5-speed manual transmission with reverse (SM5). The engine is fed by a 6.6 gal (25 L) fuel tank that offers a fairly generous riding range.
The Can-Am Spyder ST-S is offered with a starting price of $20,099.
Hit the jump for more information on the Can-Am Spyder ST-S.
Sport-touring gets an edge. Give sport-touring an even sportier look with the Spyder ST-S. From the custom trim package to the 15-inch Carbon Black wheels and refined front fender design, it screams attitude. While the rider footboards and cruise control indulge its touring side. Plus, the Spyder ST-S comes with all the features and amenities of the Spyder ST.
A perfect blend of sport and touring, the Spyder ST-S combines ample storage and wind protection with the ergonomics to handle tight corners as easily as it handles long rides. Plus, it features automotive-inspired technologies like a Vehicle Stability System and a manual or semi-automatic transmission, giving it a smooth, confident ride.
Get comfortable taking the corners. The Spyder ST-S combines the performance you long for with the comfort and convenience you need. It’s stylish and street savvy, yet still highway hungry.
- 998cc Rotax V-Twin engine
- Vehicle Stability System
- 12 gallons (44 L) of storage
- Metallic silver front rims with twin-spokes
- Adjustable windshield with wind deflectors
- Adjustable passenger footboards
- Sport touring seat
- Multifunction color digital display
- Roadster electronic command center
- Anti-theft system: Digitally Encoded Security System (D.E.S.S.™)
- Compatible with the optional RT-622 trailer
- Carbon-black front rims with twin-blade spokes
- Refined front fenders with integrated LED lights
- Electronic cruise control
- Rider footboards (w/ SE5 transmission only)
- Carbon-black trim
- Painted A-arm and front spoiler
- Compatible with the optional RT-622 trailer
- Rider Footboards
- Stretch out and enjoy the ride with the added legroom of Carbon Black rider footboards, designed with vibration dampening for more comfort. (SE5 transmission only)
- Painted Spoiler / A-Arms Covers
- Stylish, sporty accents to give your Spyder ST-S an even more high-performance attitude.
- Cruise Control
- Set a comfortable pace, then just sit back and enjoy the scenery.
- 15-in. Wheels and Refined Front Fender S
- Carbon Black front wheels with 6 twin-blade spokes and low-profile tires. Plus refined front fenders with integrated LED light pipes and improved aerodynamics for a sportier look.
- S Trim Package
- Unique Carbon Black treatment on the handlebars, exhaust tip, footrests, rear sprocket and springs adds a stylish edge.
- Sport-Touring Seat
- Firm and comfortable seat for handling tight corners as well as long-distance rides.
- Ample Storage
- Lockable front storage with 12 gallons (44 L) of watertight space and enough room for two helmets.
- Multi-Function Color Display
- Vivid, full-color digital screen allows easier access to vehicle information, such as speed, trip distance and RPMs.
- 15-in. Front Wheels with Low-Profile Tires
- Metallic Silver, twin-spoke wheels and low-profile tires with exclusive treads for a more striking look
- Wind Protection
- Adjustable windshield and removable wind deflectors that allow you to customize your wind protection to match the weather conditions.
- Stability Control System
- The stability control assesses your intended direction via the handlebar and determines the vehicle’s appropriate response. The system individually applies the brakes to the wheels and/or reduces excess engine torque until control is regained.
- Anti-Lock Braking System (ABS)
- Sensors monitor the rotation of all three wheels. If any of the wheels is at risk of locking, ABS reduces brake pressure on it. This intervention repeats in rapid succession and can be performed independently on each wheel, allowing for maximum braking performance.
- Traction Control System
- Whenever the Traction Control System detects excessive rear wheel spin (e.g., in slippery conditions), it reduces engine torque by regulating engine ignition and fuel injection. This enables the roadster to accelerate with minimum corrective input from the rider.
|Engine Type Type||998cc Rotax V-twin engine, liquid-cooled with electronic fuel injection and electronic throttle control|
|Bore & stroke||3.82 x 2.68 in. (97 x 68 mm)|
|Fuel System||Fuel Injection|
|Max Power||100 hp (74.5 kW) @ 7500 RPM|
|Max Torque||80 lb-ft. (108 Nm) @ 5000 RPM|
|Transmissions||5-speed manual with reverse (SM5)|
|Front suspension||Double A-arm with anti-roll bar|
|Front suspension travel||5.9 in. (151 mm)|
|Rear suspension||Swing arm with monoshock|
|Rear suspension travel||6 in. (152 mm)|
|Brake type||Foot-operated, hydraulic 3-wheel brake|
|Front brake||270 mm discs with Brembo 4-piston fixed calipers|
|Rear brake||Single 270 mm disc with Brembo single-piston floating caliper|
|Front wheel||Carbon Black six twin-blade-spoke, 15 x 5 in. (381 x 127 mm)|
|Rear wheel||Carbon-Black, 15 x 7 in. (381 x 178 mm)|
|Wheel base||67 in. (1,711 mm)|
|Seat height||32 in. (737 mm)|
|Ground clearance||4.3 in. (110 mm)|
|Dry weight||864 lb (392 kg)|
|L x W x H||105 x 59.3 x 52.4 in. (2,667 x 1,506 x 1,332 mm)|
|Total storage capacity||12 gal (44 L)|
|Maximum vehicle load||440 lb (200 kg)|
|Fuel capacity||6.6 gal (25 L)|