A metro-middleweight, the Lightning CityX XB9SX is the perfect tool for the rider who needs to slice through congested traffic, blast away from green lights, dodge construction zones and occasionally bump a curb. The tall Skyline seat helps the rider see over traffic.
A new, grippy vinyl seat cover material offers enhanced control and comfort. Wide, supermotard-style handlebars feature handlebar deflectors, the dual headlights are covered with an aggressive grille, and high-impact composite frame pucks protect the frame from minor cosmetic damage. The open tread pattern of Pirelli Scorpion Sync tires offers outstanding, all-conditions traction.
The Lightning CityX is powered by the Thunderstorm 984 V-Twin that revs quicker and higher than the Thunderstorm 1203 while still serving up a satisfying portion of torque. The see-through Translucid airbox cover and flyscreen in Hero Blue or Kick Ash Gray put mechanical details on display, while Villain Black wheels and Midnight Black lower body panels and front fender hide the grime of the city.
Buell Lightning CityX XB9SX highlights
- Buell Thunderstorm 984 fuel-injected air/oil/fan-cooled V-Twin engine
- 92 peak hp @ 7500 rpm (per SAE J607)
- 70 ft. lbs. peak torque @ 5500 rpm (per SAE J607)
- DDFI II Electronic Fuel Injection
- Revised functional airbox cover and redesigned 3D cover graphic
- Dry Weight: 390 pounds
- Wheelbase: 52 inches
- Seat height 31.4 inches
- New coarse-textured seat
- Fully adjustable 43mm Showa upside-down fork
- Fully adjustable Showa rear shock absorber
- Buell ZTL front brake
- Goodyear Hibrex drive belt with Flexten Plus technology
- Wide, flat bars and bikini fly screen
- Pirelli Scorpion Sync T tires
- Translucid bodywork
- Villain Black Wheels
- Supermotard-style crossbar handlebars with deflectors
- Headlight grille, deflectors and frame pucks