The expanded ergonomics of the Lightning Long XB12Ss make it better suited to taller riders. The wheelbase is stretched two inches, to 54 inches, thanks to an extended swingarm. The seat is taller and wider than that of the XB12S, and the expanded tail section offers more room for a passenger. There’s also a larger under-seat storage compartment.
Fork rake is increased from 21 to 23.5 degrees and trail goes from 3.3 inches to 4.7 inches. Larger frame side panels give the Lightning Long a fuel-in-frame capacity of 4.4-gallons. The Lightning Long is powered by the Buell Thunderstorm 1203 V-Twin with Buell InterActive Exhaust. Like all Buell motorcycles, the handling remains quick and responsive.
The Lightning Long is available in Sunset Orange with Sunset Orange wheels, and Midnight Black with Designer Black wheels, both with a Graphite Gray frame.
Buell Lightning XB12Ss highlights
- Buell Thunderstorm 1203 V-Twin engine
- 103 peak hp @ 6800 rpm (per SAE J607)
- 84 ft. lbs. peak torque @ 6800 rpm (per SAE J607)
- Buell InterActive Exhaust
- DDFI II Electronic Fuel Injection
- New Pirelli Diablo T tires
- New designer black powdercoat wheels on Midnight Black model
- Revised functional airbox cover and redesigned 3D cover graphic
- Dry Weight: 400 pounds
- Wheelbase: 54 inches
- Seat height 30.5 inches
- Fully adjustable 43mm Showa upside-down fork
- Fully adjustable Showa rear shock absorber
- 4.4 gallon fuel capacity
- Buell ZTL front brake
- Goodyear Hibrex drive belt with Flexten Plus technology
- Graphite grey frame, swingarm and passenger peg brackets
- Magnesium tone cam/clutch cover