The FXDL Dyna Low Rider appeals to riders with traditional tastes seeking a motorcycle that’s comfortable and easy to handle. The seat height is just 25.8-inches and mid-mounted foot controls, highway pegs and new pull back bars combine for a low center of gravity and ergonomics that fit many riders. Black 10-Spoke Cast Aluminum wheels and a handlebar-mounted instrument cluster are new for 2006. A new single floating brake rotor allows more of the front wheel to be visible. Chrome Aluminum Profile Laced wheels are an option. The Low Rider is offered in 10 color combinations, including solid, Sunglo and two-tone combinations, with a new tank decal for 2006.
Ask anyone in the know to define a Harley® and you’ll undoubtedly hear the words long and low. The Low Rider® has always pushed that envelope. This year, it gets 49mm forks, new stylized low-profile suspension and cast wheels.
The low-slung custom seat is less than 26" high, so it’s easy to put boots on pavement. The ride feels good thanks to pullback handlebars, mid-mount controls and highway pegs. New handlebar-mounted indicator lights, new tank graphic and tank-mounted speedo/tach. The Low Rider also gets the new 6-speed Cruise Drive™ transmission mated to the powerful Twin Cam 88 engine. That’s plenty of go with your long and low.
Harley Davidson FXDL I Dyna Low Rider features
- Vibration-isolated Twin Cam 88 engine with ESPFI
- Black powder-coated engine with chrome covers
- Chrome staggered shorty dual exhaust
- New 6-speed Cruise Drive transmission
- New 49 mm forks
- New 30.5 degree fork angle/29 degree steering head angle
- New wrap-around rear fender
- New 160 mm rear tire
- New black 10-Spoke Cast Aluminum wheels
- New stylized low-profile suspension
- New low-slung custom seat
- New easy-reach pull-back handlebars
- New handlebar-mounted instrument cluster
- New single floating front brake rotor
- Mid-mounted foot controls