The FXDWG Dyna Wide Glide takes the laid-back chopper profile to its street-legal limit. The Wide Glide is longer than ever, with a new 49mm fork is raked out to 36 degrees for 2006 and a 21-inch steel laced front wheel. The bobtail rear fender has a new shape that emphasizes the a wider, 160mm tire, and it carries a new, stepped chopper-style seat. New 1.25-inch ape-hanger handlebars on new short risers feature internal wiring for a cleaner look. The shocks have new forged tops. The Wide Glide is offered in 12 color combinations, including solid, Sunglo and two-tone combinations. Chrome Aluminum Profile Laced wheels are an option.
One look at the Wide Glide and any thought of a domesticated life flies off like dust in the wind. It’s a stunning redesign in the spirit of the early choppers. You’ll find the profile is longer than ever.
From the added rake of the 49mm fork, back to the striking new shape of the bobtail fender. Internal wiring in the new 1.25"-thick factory ape-hangers makes for an even cleaner look. The new flame tank graphic is in keeping with true Wide Glide style. Chrome Profile Laced wheels. 160mm rear tire. Vibration-isolated Twin Cam 88® running through the new 6-speed Cruise Drive™ transmission. Distant lands beckon. Settle in, stretch out to the forward controls, and answer the call.
Harley Davidson FXDWG I Dyna Wide Glide features
- Vibration-isolated Twin Cam 88 engine with ESPFI
- Black powder-coated engine with chrome covers
- Chrome staggered shorty dual exhaust
- New 6-speed Cruise Drive transmission
- New wide 49 mm forks
- New 36 degree fork angle/34 degree steering head angle
- New wrap-around rear fender
- New 160 mm rear tire
- 21-inch laced front wheel
- New 1.25-inch ape-hanger handlebars with internal wiring
- New shorter risers
- New bobtail rear fender
- New stylized battery cover
- Chrome sissy bar with backrest
- Forward foot controls
- Large, tank-mounted speedometer