A classy, laid-back performer, the Sportster 1200 Custom features a laced 21-inch front wheel, chrome slotted aluminum disc rear wheel, forward controls, riser-mounted pullback handlebars and the longer, 4.5-gallon fuel tank. The high-performance, rubber-mounted XL Evolution 1200 puts down plenty of smooth power. Chrome Aluminum Profile Laced wheels are an available option. There are 16 color options offered for 2006, including solid, SunGlo and two-tone designs.
Something about the 1200 Custom pulls you in. At first glance, you see it in the swept-back handlebar, pullback riser and bullet-style headlight. But you can’t quite put your finger on it. Then you ...
... check out the wheels. Chrome Slotted Disc with wide tire in back. Laced wheel up front. Center stage sits the 4.5-gallon tank. The machine takes over your thoughts. In the saddle, you feel it in the forward foot controls and low seat. But thumb the starter to the rubber-mounted, black powder-coated, chrome-covered Evolution engine and there’s simply no mistaking what made the 1200 Custom legendary. One ride and you’ll know. The spirit of the Sportster definitely lives on.
Harley Davidson XL 1200C Sportster 1200 Custom features
- Rubber-mounted XL Evolution 1200 engine
- High-compression, high-flow cylinder heads
- High-performance cams
- Black powder-coated engine with chrome covers
- New smoother, quieter transmission
- New lighter clutch effort
- Laced 21-inch front wheel, slotted 16-inch chrome disc rear wheel
- Forward foot controls
- Chrome pullback handlebar riser
- Chrome bullet headlight
- 4.5-gallon fuel tank
- Optional Chrome Aluminum Profile Laced wheels