Just a little or a lot of creativity can give the Softail Standard a personality all its own, or more than likely, that of its owner. Proving that less can be more, the Softail Standard is considered an original long factory custom. It’s also an excellent canvas for customization.
Now boasting the Twin Cam 96B engine, 6-speed Cruise Drive transmission and Electronic Sequential Port Fuel Injection (ESPFI), the Softail Standard has long custom style remaining true to its hard tail roots. The new 200mm rear tire rolls below a redesigned Bobtail fender to give the Softail Standard a striking stance.
A new extended rider footpeg and rear brake pedal provide a stylish way to stretch out. Chrome, Profile Laced Aluminum front wheel and Polished, Solid Disc Forged Aluminum rear wheel are available as factory-installed options. Available in four solid colors.
FXST Softail Standard features
- New rigid-mount 1584cc Twin Cam 96B balanced engine
- Silver powder-coated engine and covers
- New 6-speed Cruise Drive transmission
- Electronic Sequential Port Fuel Injection (ESPFI) standard
- Hard tail styling with twin, hidden, horizontal rear shocks
- Fat 200mm rear tire
- Wide rear Bobtail fender
- Chrome, Laced Steel 21-inch front wheel
- Silver, Slotted Disc Cast Aluminum 17-inch rear wheel
- Silver color-matched belt sprocket
- Black horseshoe oil tank
- Raked FX front forks
- Custom Badlander seat