All 2007 Sportster 883 models are retuned for increased performance, including this most affordable Harley-Davidson model. New cams and Electronic Sequential Port Fuel Injection (ESPFI) enable the Sportster 883 to generate more torque at lower rpms, giving the rider greatly improved throttle response and better performance in the normal operating zone. With the addition of ESPFI and reductions in clutch lever and brake effort, the Sportster 883 will provide a most responsive ride. New gauges allow the Sportster 883 rider to better track mileage and the time.
The Sportster 883 combines performance with straight-ahead styling such as the distinctive "peanut" fuel tank, chrome, staggered dual shorty exhaust, sleek solo seat and Silver, 13-spoke Cast Aluminum wheels. Chrome Laced Steel wheels and the Smart Security System are options. The Sportster 883 is offered in four solid colors for 2007.
XL 883 Sportster 883 features
- Rubber-mounted XL Evolution 883cc engine
- Silver powder-coated engine
- Standard Electronic Sequential Port Fuel Injection (ESPFI)
- New cams on retuned powertrain for improved performance
- New gauges with odometer clock, low fuel warning light and two trip set odometers
- New lighter clutch effort
- Low-rise handlebar
- Classic solo seat
- Chrome staggered shorty dual exhaust
- Mid-mount foot controls
- Classic 3.3-gallon fuel tank