Basing on the same single-spar, rigid backbone frame and stout swingarm developed to withstand the demands of long-haul touring riders and today’s more-powerful engines, Harley-Davidson manages to deliver yet another veritable touring motorcycle in the form of the 2010 Ultra Classic Electra Glide. Built with long-haul touring comfort, convenience, and cargo capacity in mind, without drifting away from the unique American style, this model is sure to become an icon of the open road.
HARLEY-DAVIDSON ROLLS OUT NINE NEW MODELS FOR 2010
More Performance, Features and Value Across Six Motorcycle Platforms
Harley-Davidson roars into 2010 with nine new motorcycle models, the most expansive new-product introduction in the history of the Motor Company. Across six model platforms, Harley-Davidson achieves a fusion of tradition and technology in a motorcycle product line that offers more power, luxury, and style, and more value.
"This ambitious new motorcycle launch reaches to our riders with the incredible passion that Harley-Davidson has inspired for more than a century," said Bill Davidson, Harley-Davidson Vice President of Core Customer Marketing. "We are thrilled to offer our customers nine new models and a full selection of products for 2010 that lets their enthusiasm for enjoying great motorcycles continue at full throttle."
Highlights of the 2010 Harley-Davidson® line include:
* As the new king of the Harley-Davidson Touring line, the Electra Glide® Ultra Limited model delivers the performance upgrade of a Twin Cam 103™ engine, and features standard equipment items previously offered only as accessories on regular-production Harley-Davidson Touring models.
* The new Road Glide® Custom model looks lean and mean, with a slammed suspension, 18-inch front wheel and a new 2-into-1 exhaust system.
* The Wide Glide® returns as an all-new Dyna® model done in old-school chopper style, with black laced wheels, a chopped rear fender, black "wire" sissy bar, 2-1-2 Tommy Gun exhaust and an optional flame paint scheme. Priced starting at $14,499, the Wide Glide is also a great new value.
* The new Street Glide® Trike brings stripped-down, hot-rod styling to the three-wheel category, and joins the Tri Glide™ Ultra Classic® in an all new Trike family for 2010.
* Dressed in satin chrome and denim black, the new Fat Boy® Lo presents a darker and lower interpretation of the motorcycle that still defines the fat-custom segment.
* The 2010 Street Glide® model gets even more hot-rod soul, with updates that include a larger front wheel, slimmed-down exhaust, and a new tail light assembly. Street Glide takes a classic Harley-Davidson Touring profile to a low, light and lean extreme.
* No motorcycle on the road today matches the modern street attitude of the three exciting models in the Harley-Davidson VRSC™ family: V-Rod®, Night Rod® Special and V-Rod Muscle®. The explosive performance of the liquid cooled Revolution® V-Twin engine keeps VRSC at the top of the power cruiser food chain in 2010.
* The American motorcycle legend that is Harley-Davidson Sportster® features six models for 2010, including the $7,999 Iron 883™ introduced mid-year 2009 and four others priced less than $10,000.
* Harley-Davidson Custom Vehicle Operations™ (CVO™), masters of shimmering chrome and bold paint, offers four new limited-production models for 2010. The CVO Softail® Convertible is a versatile urban touring motorcycle, while the CVO Street Glide is a high-performance hot-rod bagger. The CVO Ultra Classic® Electra Glide® and CVO Fat Bob® models are refreshed for 2010 with new paint schemes and styling details. All CVO models are powered by a Twin Cam 110™ engine, the largest displacement V-Twin offered by Harley-Davidson.
Engine and Transmission
Engine: Air-cooled, Twin Cam 96™
Valves: Pushrod-operated, overhead valves with hydraulic, self-adjusting lifters; two valves per cylinder
Bore x Stroke: 3.75 in. x 4.38 in. (95.25 mm x 111.25 mm)
Displacement: 96 cu. in. (1584 cc)
Compression Ratio: 9.2:1
Fuel System: Electronic Sequential Port Fuel Injection (ESPFI)
Air Cleaner: Fiberglass, washable
Lubrication System: Pressurized, dry-sump
Primary Drive: Chain, 34/46 ratio
Final Drive: Belt, 32/68 ratio
Clutch: Multi-plate, wet
Transmission: 6-Speed Cruise Drive®
Gear Ratios (overall): U.S.
• 1st 9.593
• 2nd 6.650
• 3rd 4.938
• 4th 4.000
• 5th 3.407
• 6th 2.875
Engine Torque (per SAE J1349):
• North America: 92.60 ft. lbs. @ 3500 rpm (125.55 Nm @ 3500 rpm)
Lean Angle (per SAE J1168):
• Right 33°
• Left 31°
Fuel Economy (EPA urban/highway test): 35/54 mpg (6.72/4.36 L/100 km)
Chassis and Dimensions
Frame: Mild steel; tubular frame; two-piece stamped and welded backbone; cast and forged junctions; twin downtubes; bolt-on rear frame with forged fender supports; MIG welded
Swingarm: Mild steel; two-piece drawn and welded section; forged junctions; MIG welded
Front Forks: 41.3 mm telescopic, triple circuit damping
Rear Shocks: Air-adjustable
Wheels (Chrome, Profile Laced Aluminum option): Black, 28-spoke Cast Aluminum
• Front: 17 in. x 3 in. (431.80 mm x 76.20 mm)
• Rear: 16 in. x 5 in. (406.40 mm x 127.0 mm)
• Caliper Type: 32 mm, 4-piston fixed front and rear
• Rotor Type (diameter x width): Patented, fixed rotors
• Front (dual): 11.81 in. x .20 in. (299.97 mm x 5.08 mm)
• Rear: 11.81 in. x .28 in. (299.97 mm x 7.11 mm)
• Anti-Lock Braking System (option): Available
• Front Wheel: 4.60 in. (116.84 mm)
• Rear Wheel: 3 in. (76.20 mm)
Engineered for Sidecar Use: Available
Length: 98.60 in. (2504.44 mm)
Overall Width: 38.0 in. (965.20 mm)
Overall Height: 61.0 in. (1549.40 mm)
• Laden: 27.30 in. (693.42 mm)
• Unladen: 30.70 in. (779.78 mm)
Ground Clearance: 5.10 in. (129.54 mm)
Rake (steering head): 26°
Fork Angle: 29.2°
Trail: 6.69 in. (169.93 mm)
Wheelbase: 63.50 in. (1612.90 mm)
Tires (Dunlop® Harley-Davidson Series, bias narrow whitewall):
• Front – D408F: NW 130/80B17 65H
• Rear – D407: NW 180/65B16 81H
Fuel Capacity (warning light at approximately 1 gal.): 6 gal. (22.71 L)
Oil Capacity (w/filter): 4 qts. (3.78 L)
Transmission Capacity: 1 qts. (0.95 L)
Primary Chain Case Capacity: 1.40 qts. (1.32 L)
• As Shipped: 852 lbs. (386.47 kg)
• In Running Order: 889 lbs. (403.25 kg)
• Gross Vehicle Weight Rating: 1360 lbs. (616.90 kg)
• Gross Axle Weight Rating
• Front: 500 lbs. (226.80 kg)
• Rear: 927 lbs. (420.48 kg)
Battery (per Battery Council International Rating): Sealed, maintenance-free, 12V, 28-amp/hour, 370 cca
Charging: Three-phase, 50-amp system (585W @ 13V, 2000 rpm, 650W max power @ 13V)
Starting: 1.2 kW electric with solenoid shift starter motor engagement
Lights (as per country regulation):
• Headlamp (quartz halogen): 55-watt low beam, 60-watt high beam
• Tail/Stop Lights: 8W/28W (5W/21W)
• Turn Signal Lights: 28W (21W) self-canceling
• Indicator Lamps: High beam, running lights, front fender running lights, directional light bar, low oil pressure, engine diagnostics, cruise control, speakers, accessory, security system (optional), 6-speed, low fuel warning, ABS (optional)
Warranty: 24 months (unlimited mileage)
Service Interval: First 1,000 miles (1,600 km),every 5,000 miles (8,000 km) thereafter
Solids: • Vivid Black
• Flame Blue Pearl
• Red Hot Sunglo
Two-Tones: • Flame Blue Pearl/Brilliant Silver Pearl
• Vivid Black/Brilliant Silver Pearl
Custom Colors: • Merlot Sunglo/Cherry Red Sunglo
• White Ice Pearl/Black Ice Pearl
Vivid Black: $20,999
Custom Colors: $22,199