Harley-Davidson has just launched a limited edition run of the CVO Ultra Classic Electra Glide for 2010 and their goal is to drift away from the self-created stylistical patterns. A simple look at their new high-end model is enough to see that chrome is almost completely absent. Instead, H-D uses no less than 185 unique black parts, components and accessories, not to mention the Crimson Mist Black / Dark Slate and Flame graphics base color.
Those expecting an all-new model must find that this is not the case. The bike is exclusive, but remains a Black version of the standard CVO Ultra Classic Electra Glide. It is powered by the same Screamin’ Eagle Twin Cam 110 engine displacing 1803cc, developing 115 pound-feet of torque and mated to the same six-speed Cruise Drive transmission. As expected, the massive powerplant features both black and chrome.
Touring goodies such as a 160-watt CD/AM/FM/WB/MP3 Advanced Audio System by Harman-Kardon, CB and intercom, passenger audio with controls, cruise control and standard XM Radio as well as a Garmin Road Tech zūmo 660 GPS unit make life on board much more pleasurable.
The only sad part about this model is the fact that it is limited to 999 units and has an MSRP of $36,499. Read the full press release and enjoy the picture gallery after the jump.
NEW HARLEY-DAVIDSON® CVO™ ULTRA RIDES TO THE DARK SIDE
Serialized Edition with Blacked Out Touring Comfort and Road Tech™ zūmo® Navigator
MILWAUKEE (January 24, 2010) – The new 2010 Custom Vehicle Operations (CVO) Ultra Classic® Electra Glide® trades the shine of chrome for a fade to black in its debut as the new, darker version of this truly exceptional Harley-Davidson Touring motorcycle.
Each motorcycle is serialized from one to 999, and displays a formidable array of blacked out components, led by the serialized CB pod insert and the Gloss Black Rumble Collection and low-smoked windshield, the new CVO Ultra adds leading-edge technology with a handlebar-mounted Road Tech™ zūmo® 660 GPS Navigator and an integrated automatic lock system that now includes the ignition knob.
The CVO Ultra is powered by a black and chrome Screamin’ Eagle® Twin Cam 110™ engine and a 6-speed Cruise Drive® transmission, which is the largest-displacement V-Twin engine offered from the factory by Harley-Davidson. Besides the black powertrain, this menacing touring bike revels in all things dark with a Crimson Mist Black / Dark Slate and Flame graphics base color, and approximately 185 other unique black parts, components and accessories meticulously melded to form and function by the CVO team.
Among the main attractions on the dark road to CVO Ultra custom inspiration are the Contrast Chrome Roulette wheels, the Rumble Collection featuring nine Gloss Black accessories from mirrors to saddlebag latch covers, black engine and saddlebag guards, and Diamond Black gauge faces. All these deeply dark features combine to make the Ultra into an inspired motorcycle that could only come from Harley-Davidson CVO.
The CVO Ultra presents a lower profile up front with a 6.5-inch smoked windshield and adds premium Touring features like anti-lock braking system (ABS), LED saddlebag lights, Electronic Sequential Port Fuel Injection (ESPFI), a six-gallon fuel tank, Brembo brakes and 160-watt CD/AM/FM/WB/MP3 Advanced Audio System by Harman-Kardon, CB and intercom, and passenger audio with controls, cruise control, plus standard XM Radio.
The CVO Ultra is built on the innovative Touring chassis introduced by Harley-Davidson in 2009, based on a single-spar, rigid backbone frame and swingarm specifically developed to suit the needs of long-haul touring rides.
Key CVO Ultra Classic Electra Glide Features
- Screamin’ Eagle Black and Chrome Twin Cam 110 engine with 110-cid (1803cc), rubber-mounted to the frame, is rated at 115 ft. lbs. of torque at 3750 rpm. The 6-speed Cruise Drive transmission with black and chrome case features a helical-cut fifth gear.
- Developed for Harley-Davidson by Garmin, the Road Tech zūmo 660 has a new mounting position for convenient viewing by both rider and passenger with a glove-friendly touch screen, left-handed controls and a bright, UV-resistant display that’s easy to read in sunlight.
- Gloss Black Rumble Collection featuring rider footboard inserts and pans, passenger footboard inserts and pans, shifter pegs, brake pedal, highway pegs, mirrors, windshield trim, saddlebag latch covers and heated hand grips with end caps.
- Contrast Chrome Roulette wheels, 17-inch front and 16-inch rear.
- Suspended, dual control heated leather seat with new perforated printed insert.
- Leather passenger backrest with adjustable lumbar support and new perforated, leather insert.
- New custom paint scheme is Crimson Mist Black / Dark Slate with flame graphics.
Production of the 2010 CVO Ultra Classic Electra Glide will be limited to approximately 999 units and it has a suggested U.S. retail price of $36,499.
Harley-Davidson Motor Company produces heavyweight custom, cruiser and touring motorcycles and offers a complete line of Harley-Davidson motorcycle parts, accessories, riding gear and apparel, and general merchandise. For more information, visit Harley-Davidson’s Web site at www.harley-davidson.com.