- Air-cooled, Twin Cam 103
- 6-Speed Cruise Drive
- Torque @ RPM:
- 136.94 NM @ 3500 rpm
- Electronic Sequential Port Fuel Injection (ESPFI)
- 1690 L
- Top Speed:
- 120 mph
Drawing inspiration from its very own Street Glide and Tri Glide models, Harley-Davidson has come up with its second production trike, the 2010 Street Glide Trike. Lighter, more compact and benefiting of the same quality built and reliable performance, this new model takes production trikes to a whole new level and also shows how satisfied was the American Company with their first trike, the Tri Glide Ultra Classic. Both models are now being produced in parallel.
NEW STREET GLIDE® TRIKE IS A HOT-ROD ON THREE WHEELS
Second Model Joins Tri Glide™ Ultra Classic® on Harley-Davidson® Trike Platform
Harley-Davidson will offer two models on its three-wheel Trike motorcycle platform for 2010, as the new Street Glide Trike joins the Tri Glide Ultra Classic. As its name implies, the Street Glide Trike brings the lean, stripped-down, hot-rod styling of the two-wheeled Street Glide model to the three-wheel category. With a smoked mini wind deflector and no Tour-Pak® luggage carrier, the Street Glide Trike is lighter and more compact than the Tri Glide Ultra Classic.
With its Trike platform, Harley-Davidson brings original-equipment design, quality and service to the three-wheel motorcycle segment. Both Trike models utilize a frame and associated chassis structure and geometry engineered specifically to handle the loads generated by the steering forces and weight of a three-wheel vehicle. The rear-axle assembly utilizes an aluminum center section with steel axle tubes. Dual front disc brakes are complemented by a Hayes Brake dual-disc rear brake system with a lever-actuated, integrated parking brake.
Both the Street Glide Trike and the Tri Glide Ultra Classic models are powered by a rubber-mounted, Twin Cam 103™ V-Twin engine with Electronic Sequential Port Fuel Injection (ESPFI), rated at 101 ft. lbs. of torque. The 6-speed Cruise Drive® transmission features a new helical-cut fifth gear. An optional electric reverse ($1,195) is integrated with the rear differential assembly and engaged with a handlebar-mounted control with LED indicator.
The molded-composite Trike bodywork is a perfect color match for the tank and front fender. Because the rear fenders are each a separate piece from the rest of the rear bodywork, they can be removed individually for repair, replacement or service. The trunk provides 4.3 cubic feet of storage space and 50-pound capacity. Matching black and machined split seven-spoke cast aluminum wheels provide an integrated, factory-built look.
Key Street Glide Trike Features
* The signature Harley-Davidson "batwing" fork-mounted fairing has a smoked mini wind deflector. Mirrors are mounted to the fairing.
* Streamliner footboards, brake pedal and passenger floorboards feature full chrome pans and three chrome bands inset in the rubber surface.
* Chrome strips highlight the top surface of the trunk.
* The deep FL front fender is free of trim.
* The instrument display features silver-faced gauges.
* Chrome, full-length fuel tank console tops a six-gallon fuel tank.
* 40-watt Advanced Audio System by Harmon/Kardon powers two speakers.
* Chrome 2-1-2 dual exhaust with tapered mufflers exits below the rear trunk.
* Color Options: Vivid Black, Red Hot Sunglo
Key Tri Glide Ultra Classic Features
* The signature Harley-Davidson "batwing" fork-mounted fairing with a full, clear windshield and adjustable fairing wind deflectors.
* Clear-lens reflector-optics auxiliary lamps.
* Fiberglass adjustable King Tour-Pak luggage component with passenger backrest and tail/stop light. The trunk and Tour-Pak have a combined capacity of 6.56 cubic feet and up to 80 pounds.
* Engine guards and vented lower fairings with integrated storage compartments.
* 80-watt Advanced Audio System by Harman/Kardon.
* 40-watt CB radio and intercom system.
* Electronic cruise control.
* Chrome 2-1-2 dual exhaust with tapered mufflers.
* Color Options: Vivid Black, Flame Blue Pearl, Red Hot Sunglo, Two-Tone Flame Blue Pearl / Brilliant Silver Pearl
Engine and Transmission
Engine: Air-cooled, Twin Cam 103™
Valves: Pushrod-operated, overhead valves with hydraulic, self-adjusting lifters: two valves per cylinder
Bore x Stroke: 3.88 in. x 4.38 in. (98.43 mm x 111.13 mm)
Displacement: 103 cu. in. (1690 cc)
Compression Ratio: 9.6:1
Fuel System: Electronic Sequential Port Fuel Injection (ESPFI)
Air Cleaner: Paper, washable
Lubrication System: Pressurized, dry-sump with oil cooler
Primary Drive: Chain, 34/46 ratio
Final Drive: Belt, 32/70 ratio
Clutch: Multi-plate, wet
Transmission: 6-Speed Cruise Drive®
Gear Ratios (overall): U.S.
• 1st 9.878
• 2nd 6.847
• 3rd 5.086
• 4th 4.118
• 5th 3.508
• 6th 2.960
Engine Torque (per SAE J1349):
• North America: 101 ft. lbs. @ 3500 rpm (136.94 NM @ 3500 rpm)
Fuel Economy (EPA urban/highway test): 33/48 mpg (7.13/4.9 L/100 km)
Chassis and Dimensions
Frame: Mild steel, square-section backbone with twin downtubes
Swingarm: Mild steel, rectangular tube sections with plate junctions; MIG welded
Front Forks: 41.3 mm telescopic, triple-circuit damping
Rear Shocks: Air-adjustable
Wheels: Black, 7-spoke Cast Aluminum
• Front: 16 in. x 3 in. (406.40 mm x 76.20 mm)
• Rear: 15 in. x 5.50 in. (381.0 mm x 139.70 mm)
• Caliper Type: 32 mm, 4 piston fixed front, 31.75 mm single piston floating rear
• Rotor Type (diameter x width): Patented fixed front rotor, dual fixed rear rotors
• Front (dual): 11.81 in. x .20 in. (299.97 mm x 5.08 mm)
• Rear: 9 in. x .24 in. (228.60 mm x 6.10 mm)
• Front Wheel: 4.61 in. (117.09 mm)
• Rear Wheel: 2.99 in. (75.95 mm)
Parking Brake: Lever actuated dual parking brake
Length: 105.80 in. (2687.32 mm)
Overall Width: 54.30 in. (1379.22 mm)
Overall Height: 52.90 in. (1343.66 mm)
• Laden: 26.75 in. (679.45 mm)
• Unladen: 28.40 in. (721.36 mm)
Ground Clearance: 4.70 in. (119.38 mm)
Rake (steering head): 26
Fork Angle: 32°
Trail: 3.94 in. (100.08 mm)
Wheelbase: 66.60 in. (1691.64 mm)
Tires (Dunlop® Harley-Davidson Series, bias blackwall front and radial blackwall rear):
• Front – D402F: MT90B16 72H
• Rear – Signature: P205/65R15
Fuel Capacity (warning light at approximately 1.0 gal.): 6 gal. (22.71 L)
Oil Capacity (w/filter): 4 qts. (3.78 L)
Transmission Capacity: 1 qts. (0.95 L)
Primary Chain Case Capacity: 1.40 qts. (1.32 L)
• As Shipped: 1071 lbs. (485.81 kg)
• In Running Order: 1110 lbs. (503.50 kg)
• Gross Vehicle Weight Rating: 1700 lbs. (771.12 kg)
• Gross Axle Weight Rating:
• Front: 500 lbs. (226.80 kg)
• Rear: 1200 lbs. (544.32 kg)
• Luggage Capacity:
• Volume (cu. ft.): 4.3 cu. ft. (.12 m)
• Weight (lbs.): 50 lbs. (22.68 kg)
Battery (per Battery Council International Rating): Sealed, maintenance-free, 12V, 28-amp/hour, 370 cca
Charging: Three-phase, 50-amp system (585W @ 13V, 2000 rpm, 650W max power @ 13V)
Starting: 1.2 kW electric with solenoid shift starter motor engagement
Lights (as per country regulation):
• Headlamp (quartz halogen): 55-watt low beam, 60-watt high beam
• Tail/Stop Lights: Two 8W/28W (5W/21W)
• Turn Signal Lights: 28W (21W) self-canceling; rear integrated into Tail\Stop Lamps
• Indicator Lamps: High Beam, running lights, front fender running lights, directional light bar, low oil pressure, engine diagnostics, cruise control, speakers, accessory, security system (optional), 6 speed, low fuel warning, reverse enabled (optional)
Reverse Gear: Electric reverse actuated by handlebar mounted hand controls
Warranty: 24 months (unlimited mileage)
Service Interval: First 1,000 miles (1,600 km), every 5,000 miles (8,000 km) thereafter
Solids: • Vivid Black
• Red Hot Sunglo
Vivid Black: $26,999
New Chrome strips highlight the top surface of the trunk
New Helical cut 5th gear for improved transmission sound
Black powder-coated engine with chrome covers
Chrome 2-1-2 dual exhaust with tapered mufflers
Split, 7-Spoke Black-and-Machined Cast Aluminum wheels
Bat-wing, fork-mounted fairing with smoked mini wind deflector
Streamliner footboards, brake pedal and passenger floorboards
The deep FL front fender is free of trim
Silver-faced fairing-mounted electronic speedometer and tachometer plus fuel, voltage, oil pressure and ambient air temperature gauges
Chrome, low-profile full length fuel tank console
40-watt, two-speaker Harman/Kardon Advanced Audio System with CD/MP3 player
One piece, two-up seat with grab strap
Rubber-mounted Twin Cam 103™ V-Twin engine with Electronic Sequential Port Fuel Injection (ESPFI), rated at 101 ft. lbs. of torque
6-speed Cruise Drive® transmission
Lengthened and raked front forks optimize steering
Air-adjustable rear shocks
Rear-axle assembly with lightweight aluminum center section and steel axle tubes
Dual front disc brakes and dual-disc rear brake system with a lever-actuated, integrated parking brake
Trunk provides 4.3 cubic feet of storage space and 50-pound capacity
Height-adjustable passenger footboards
Optional electric reverse integrated with the rear differential assembly
Optional Harley-Davidson® Smart Security System with next-generation hands-free security fob
Optional electronic cruise control