- Torque @ RPM:
- 135 @ 3250
- 1690 cc
- Top Speed:
- 96 mph
The Road King Classic model takes the nostalgic look and feel of the Road King a little further with extra details for this road-worthy touring bike, like leather-wrapped saddlebags, chrome fuel tank console, tooled metal detailing on the fender, tank, seat and bags, and chrome laced wheels with wide whitewall tires.
The motorcycle is built on Harley-Davidson’s innovative touring chassis which is based on a single-spar, rigid backbone frame and a stout swingarm. The ride quality is assured by a front 41.3 mm telescopic fork and a rear air-adjustable shock absorber.
Power comes from a 1690 cc air-cooled, twin cam 103 engine with Integrated Oil-Cooler and Fuel System Electronic Sequential Port Fuel Injection (ESPFI). Power is sent to the rear wheel through a six speed cruise drive gear box and the combined fuel consumption is rated at 42 mpg.
Hit the jump for more information on the 2012 Harley-Davidson FLHRC Road King Classic.
Harley-Davidson offers more Big Twin performance for 2012 as its Twin Cam 103™ powertrain is standard equipment on Softail® and Touring motorcycle models and most Dyna® motorcycle models. Harley-Davidson will offer two new models for 2012. The V-Rod® 10th Anniversary Edition celebrates a decade of power-cruiser performance, while the new Dyna® Switchback is a convertible custom-touring motorcycle with detachable hard saddlebags and windshield. In addition, the Night Rod Special has significant updates for 2012 with refreshed bodywork and optimized rider ergonomics. Harley-Davidson Custom Vehicle Operations (CVO)TM rolls out the gleaming new CVO Road Glide® Custom, a limited-production, high-performance touring masterpiece.
Harley-Davidson believes every motorcycle it sells can be a custom of one. Harley-Davidson H-D1™ is a comprehensive offering of customization tools for the Harley-Davidson motorcycle owner. H-D1 tools include Harley-Davidson Genuine Motor Accessories listings in print and on-line catalogs, Fit Shop and consultation services at Harley-Davidson dealerships, and factory customization and Bike Builder tools on www.harley-davidson.com. H-D1 offers almost unlimited opportunities to optimize fit, function, style and performance and turn a Harley into a motorcycle that is truly personalized to its owner.
Harley- Davidson heads into 2012 with 32 models, each born of experience that spans generations and a passion for riding that will never diminish.
Highlights of the 2012 Harley-Davidson line include:
- The Twin Cam 103™ engine powers all 2012 Dyna®, Softail® and Touring models with the exception of the Dyna Street Bob® and Dyna Super Glide® Custom. This engine produces up to 100 ft lbs. peak torque, an increase of approximately 6 percent over the Twin Cam 96 engine it replaces as standard power for many of these models. The Twin Cam 103 is equipped with automatic compression release. It features identifying badges on the derby cover, timer cover and air cleaner trim ring.
- A Security Package that pairs Anti-lock Braking System (ABS) with Smart Security System with proximity-based, hands-free security fob is available for all 2012 V-Rod®, Dyna®, Softail®, Touring and CVO™ models. The Security Package is standard equipment on CVO™ models and on the Road Glide® Ultra, the Electra Glide® Ultra Limited, and the Road King® Classic. The Security Package is a factory-installed option for all other models.
- The Night Rod® Special is updated with new tapered tail section, lighter-weight wheels, an inverted front fork and improved ergonomics. Harley-Davidson celebrates a decade of power cruising with the V-Rod® 10th Anniversary Edition motorcycle, finished in Brilliant Silver Pearl bodywork that evokes the anodized aluminum bodywork of the original V-Rod model that introduced the liquid-cooled Revolution V-Twin engine in 2002. All V-Rod models will carry V-Rod 10th Anniversary badges.
- The new Dyna Switchback combines hard saddlebags and a windshield with the eager handling and Twin Cam 103 performance of the Dyna chassis. It’s a custom-touring bike ready for a long weekend trip, until the detachable bags and windshield are removed. Then in seconds the Switchback becomes a custom street cruiser with a gleaming headlamp nacelle, five-spoke cast-aluminum wheels and a mini-ape handlebar. This convertible concept makes the versatile Switchback two motorcycles in one.
- All Harley-Davidson Softail models get the performance boost of the Twin Cam 103 engine for 2012. The Fat Boy and Fat Boy Lo have a new reduced-reach handlebar for more-comfortable ergonomics. A lower, narrower seat shape places the Fat Boy rider in a new "in the bike" position. The Softail Deluxe and Heritage Softail Classic will be available with a new optional "tubeless" Chrome Aluminum Profile Laced wheel option for ease of tire replacement and repair.
- The Twin Cam 103 powertrain gives all Harley-Davidson Touring models assertive power for passing. On Touring models, the Twin Cam 103 is equipped with an oil cooler. All Touring models except the Ultra Limited will offer a new "tubeless" Chrome Aluminum Profile Laced wheel option.
- The Harley-Davidson Sportster® line appeals to a broad range of riders with six 2012 models ranging from the race-inspired XR1200X™ to the accessible SuperLow® to Dark Custom roadsters like the Iron 883™, Nightster® and Forty-Eight®. The Sportster® 1200 Custom can be personalized for fit, function and style with H-D1 factory customization, a process that allows customers to use the Bike Builder tool on harley-davidson.com to build the motorcycle from a selection of options that are installed as the bike is assembled by Harley-Davidson Motor Company or are installed by a dealer after the motorcycle is delivered. New 1200 Custom color options have been added to Bike Builder for 2012.
- The new CVO Road Glide Custom is one of four limited-production 2012 models from Harley-Davidson Custom Vehicle Operations (CVO)TM, each turned out with bold paint, gleaming chrome, and the most-powerful V-Twin engines offered in production Harley-Davidson motorcycles. CVO Road Glide Custom is a hot-rod bagger with a frame-mounted fairing topped with a smoked Wind Splitter windshield, a high-output, amplified Harman/Kardon® Advanced Audio system, and a color-matched, low-profile fuel tank console.
NEW Rubber-mounted Twin Cam 103™ V-Twin
engine with Electronic Sequential Port Fuel
Injection (ESPFI) with heated O2 sensors and
Electronic Throttle Control (ETC)
NEW Tubeless Chrome Aluminum Profile Laced
NEW Paint color options
- Black powder-coated powertrain with chrome covers
- Chrome 2-1-2 dual exhaust with slash-up end caps
- Chrome, Laced Steel wheels with wide-whitewall tires
- Chrome, nostalgic fuel tank console with electronic speedometer
- Deep FL front fender with trim
- Clean rear fender with deluxe trim
- Stainless steel, ergonomic handlebar
- One-piece, two-up Road King® seat with tooled leather trim and chrome accents
- Clear, large Lexan® quick-release detachable windshield
- Tooled, leather-wrapped hard saddlebags; 1.85 cu. ft. volume
- Large Hiawatha headlight and chrome nacelle
- Auxiliary passing lights
- Electronic cruise control
The Road King®
Classic model takes the
nostalgic look and feel of the Road King a little
further with extra details for this road-worthy
touring bike, like leather-wrapped saddlebags,
nostalgic chrome fuel tank console, tooled metal
detailing on the fender, tank, seat and bags, and
chrome laced wheels with wide whitewall tires.
Residing beneath all that fine detail is the
powerful 1690 cc, Twin Cam 103™ engine
with integrated oil cooler, and an Anti-lock
Braking System and a Smart Security System
are available as a factory-installed option.
Add in the standard electronic cruise control
and the Road King®
Classic proves, once again,
that no one else can combine a glorious
heritage with modern features and technology
- 6-Speed Cruise Drive® transmission with integrated Isolated Drive System (IDS)
- Dunlop® “Multi-Tread” rear tire construction extends tire life by 25 percent
- Brembo® 4-piston front and rear caliper with dual front rotor brake system
- Air-adjustable rear shocks
- Full-length rider footboards
- Height-adjustable passenger footboards
- Six-gallon fuel tank
- Optional Original Equipment Custom Color paint program
|Engine||Air-cooled Twin Cam 103™ |
with Integrated Oil-Cooler
|Fuel System||Electronic Sequential Port |
Fuel Injection (ESPFI)
|Transmission||6-Speed Cruise Drive®|
|Miles Per Gallon||42 MPG combined City/Hwy|
|Seat Height (laden) (in./mm)||26.7/678|
Series, bias wide whitewall
|• Front||D408F WWW 130/90B16 67H|
|• Rear||D407 WWW 180/65B16 81H|
|• Front||Steel Laced|
16 in. x 3 in.
(432 mm x 76 mm)
|• Rear||Steel Laced|
16 in. x 5 in.
(406 mm x 127 mm)
|• Optional Style||Tubeless Chrome Aluminum |
|Fuel Capacity (U.S. gals/liters)||6/22.7|
|Weight as Shipped (lbs./kg)||773/350.6|
|Frame||Mild steel; tubular frame; two-piece |
stamped and welded backbone; cast
and forged junctions; twin downtubes;
bolt-on rear frame with forged fender
supports; MIG welded
|Swingarm||Mild steel; two-piece drawn and welded |
section; forged junctions; MIG welded
|Front Forks||41.3 mm telescopic|
|Wheels(Tubeless Chrome Aluminum Profile Laced option):||Steel Laced|
|• Front||16 in. x 3 in. (406 mm x 76 mm)|
|• Rear||16 in. x 5 in. (406 mm x 127 mm)|
|• Caliper Type||32 mm, 4-piston fixed front and rear|
|• Rotor Type|
(diameter x width):
|Patented, fixed rotors|
|• Front (dual)||11.81 in. x .2 in. (300 mm x 5.1 mm)|
|• Rear||11.81 in. x .28 in. (300 mm x 7.1 mm)|
|•Anti-lock Braking System||Standard|
|• Front Wheel||4.6 in. (117 mm)|
|• Rear Wheel||3 in. (76 mm)|
|Engineered for |
|Solids||Vivid Black, White Hot Pearl|
|Two-Tone||Big Blue Pearl/Vivid Black, Midnight Pearl/Brilliant |
|Custom Colors||Tequila Sunrise/H-D Orange|
Gatto Cycle----"Take time to explore all of the 2012 Harley-Davidson Road King Classic FLHRC features including its detachable Harley windshield. The bike is powered with a rubber mounted Twin Cam 103 motorcycle engine that gives you the power you need for passing, hill-climbing and performance when carrying luggage or a passenger. An important feature of touring motorcycles is the saddlebags. The Harley Road King Classic saddlebags are leather-wrapped injection molded hard saddle bags that maintain their shape over time. This Harley touring and cruiser motorcycle all in one also has an air adjustable touring rear suspension, giving the choice for a variety of riding feels."