The Harley-Davidson FLHTC Electra Glide Classic brings a level of luxury to touring adventures with features like a spacious Tour-Pak carrier, a Harmon/Kardon Advanced Audio System and fine Harley-Davidson styling detail.
However, the motorcycle’s center piece is the new rubber-mounted Twin Cam 103 V-Twin engine with Electronic Sequential Port Fuel Injection (ESPFI) with heated O2 sensors and Electronic Throttle Control (ETC). The engine is mated on a smooth-shifting 6-Speed Cruise Drive transmission.
The entire motorcycle is built on an innovative Harley-Davidson Touring chassis based on a single-spar, rigid backbone frame and a stout swingarm.
In terms of practicality, the 2012 Harley-Davidson FLHTC Electra Glide Classic offers 2.26 cu. ft. of saddlebag space.
The bike is also offered with an optional electronic cruise control system and the Security Package Option that bundles Anti-lock Brakes and the Harley-Davidson Smart Security System.
Hit the jump for more information on the Harley-Davidson FLHTC Electra Glide Classic.
Harley-Davidson offers more Big Twin performance for 2012 as its Twin Cam 103™ powertrain is standard equipment on Softail® and Touring motorcycle models and most Dyna® motorcycle models. Harley-Davidson will offer two new models for 2012. The V-Rod® 10th Anniversary Edition celebrates a decade of power-cruiser performance, while the new Dyna® Switchback is a convertible custom-touring motorcycle with detachable hard saddlebags and windshield. In addition, the Night Rod Special has significant updates for 2012 with refreshed bodywork and optimized rider ergonomics. Harley-Davidson Custom Vehicle Operations (CVO)TM rolls out the gleaming new CVO Road Glide® Custom, a limited-production, high-performance touring masterpiece.
Harley-Davidson believes every motorcycle it sells can be a custom of one. Harley-Davidson H-D1™ is a comprehensive offering of customization tools for the Harley-Davidson motorcycle owner. H-D1 tools include Harley-Davidson Genuine Motor Accessories listings in print and on-line catalogs, Fit Shop and consultation services at Harley-Davidson dealerships, and factory customization and Bike Builder tools on www.harley-davidson.com. H-D1 offers almost unlimited opportunities to optimize fit, function, style and performance and turn a Harley into a motorcycle that is truly personalized to its owner.
Harley- Davidson heads into 2012 with 32 models, each born of experience that spans generations and a passion for riding that will never diminish.
Highlights of the 2012 Harley-Davidson line include:
- The Twin Cam 103™ engine powers all 2012 Dyna®, Softail® and Touring models with the exception of the Dyna Street Bob® and Dyna Super Glide® Custom. This engine produces up to 100 ft lbs. peak torque, an increase of approximately 6 percent over the Twin Cam 96 engine it replaces as standard power for many of these models. The Twin Cam 103 is equipped with automatic compression release. It features identifying badges on the derby cover, timer cover and air cleaner trim ring.
- A Security Package that pairs Anti-lock Braking System (ABS) with Smart Security System with proximity-based, hands-free security fob is available for all 2012 V-Rod®, Dyna®, Softail®, Touring and CVO™ models. The Security Package is standard equipment on CVO™ models and on the Road Glide® Ultra, the Electra Glide® Ultra Limited, and the Road King® Classic. The Security Package is a factory-installed option for all other models.
- The Night Rod® Special is updated with new tapered tail section, lighter-weight wheels, an inverted front fork and improved ergonomics. Harley-Davidson celebrates a decade of power cruising with the V-Rod® 10th Anniversary Edition motorcycle, finished in Brilliant Silver Pearl bodywork that evokes the anodized aluminum bodywork of the original V-Rod model that introduced the liquid-cooled Revolution V-Twin engine in 2002. All V-Rod models will carry V-Rod 10th Anniversary badges.
- The new Dyna Switchback combines hard saddlebags and a windshield with the eager handling and Twin Cam 103 performance of the Dyna chassis. It’s a custom-touring bike ready for a long weekend trip, until the detachable bags and windshield are removed. Then in seconds the Switchback becomes a custom street cruiser with a gleaming headlamp nacelle, five-spoke cast-aluminum wheels and a mini-ape handlebar. This convertible concept makes the versatile Switchback two motorcycles in one.
- All Harley-Davidson Softail models get the performance boost of the Twin Cam 103 engine for 2012. The Fat Boy and Fat Boy Lo have a new reduced-reach handlebar for more-comfortable ergonomics. A lower, narrower seat shape places the Fat Boy rider in a new "in the bike" position. The Softail Deluxe and Heritage Softail Classic will be available with a new optional "tubeless" Chrome Aluminum Profile Laced wheel option for ease of tire replacement and repair.
- The Twin Cam 103 powertrain gives all Harley-Davidson Touring models assertive power for passing. On Touring models, the Twin Cam 103 is equipped with an oil cooler. All Touring models except the Ultra Limited will offer a new "tubeless" Chrome Aluminum Profile Laced wheel option.
- The Harley-Davidson Sportster® line appeals to a broad range of riders with six 2012 models ranging from the race-inspired XR1200X™ to the accessible SuperLow® to Dark Custom roadsters like the Iron 883™, Nightster® and Forty-Eight®. The Sportster® 1200 Custom can be personalized for fit, function and style with H-D1 factory customization, a process that allows customers to use the Bike Builder tool on harley-davidson.com to build the motorcycle from a selection of options that are installed as the bike is assembled by Harley-Davidson Motor Company or are installed by a dealer after the motorcycle is delivered. New 1200 Custom color options have been added to Bike Builder for 2012.
- The new CVO Road Glide Custom is one of four limited-production 2012 models from Harley-Davidson Custom Vehicle Operations (CVO)TM, each turned out with bold paint, gleaming chrome, and the most-powerful V-Twin engines offered in production Harley-Davidson motorcycles. CVO Road Glide Custom is a hot-rod bagger with a frame-mounted fairing topped with a smoked Wind Splitter windshield, a high-output, amplified Harman/Kardon® Advanced Audio system, and a color-matched, low-profile fuel tank console.
NEW Rubber-mounted Twin Cam 103™ V-Twin
engine with Electronic Sequential Port Fuel
Injection (ESPFI) with heated O2 sensors and
Electronic Throttle Control (ETC)
NEW Tubeless Chrome Aluminum Profile Laced
NEW Paint color options and graphics
- Black powder-coated powertrain with chrome covers
- Chrome 2-1-2 dual exhaust with tapered mufflers
- Black, 28-spoke Cast Aluminum wheels with whitewall tires
- Bat-wing, fork-mounted fairing with clear, Lexan® windshield
- Chrome, low-profile fuel tank console
- Deep FL front fender with trim
- Stainless steel, easy-reach touring handlebar
- One-piece, two-up Electra Glide® classic comfort stitch seat, sculpted for added comfort and easier straddling
- Passenger backrest with wrap-around armrests
- Injection-molded hard saddlebags; 2.26 cu. ft. volume
- Injection Molded Tour-Pak®; 2.26 cu. ft. volume
- Fairing-mounted electronic speedometer and tachometer plus fuel, voltage, oil pressure and ambient air temperature gauges
- 40-watt, two-speaker Advanced Audio System by Harman/Kardon
- LED rear fender tip light
- Auxiliary passing lights
With features like a spacious Tour-Pak®
Advanced Audio System
and the fine styling detail that Harley-Davidson
is known for, the Electra Glide®
brings a level of luxury to touring adventures.
Long-distance riders will truly appreciate the
storage capacity of the Tour-Pak®
2.26 cu. ft. of saddlebag space, while all
riders will revel in the air-adjustable rear
shocks, new, standard 1690 cc Twin Cam 103™
engine, and smooth-shifting 6-Speed Cruise
With an optional electronic cruise control and the
Security Package Option that bundles Anti-lock
Brakes and the Harley-Davidson®
System, the Electra Glide Classic will propel you
down the highway in comfort and style.
- 6-Speed Cruise Drive® transmission with integrated Isolated Drive System (IDS)
- Dunlop® “Multi-Tread” rear tire construction extends tire life by 25 percent
- Brembo® 4-piston front and rear caliper with dual front rotor brake system
- Air-adjustable rear shocks
- Full-length rider footboards
- Height-adjustable passenger footboards
- Six-gallon fuel tank
- Optional electronic cruise control
|Engine||Air-cooled Twin Cam 103™ |
with Integrated Oil-Cooler
|Fuel System||Electronic Sequential Port |
Fuel Injection (ESPFI)
|Transmission||6-Speed Cruise Drive®|
|Miles Per Gallon||42 MPG combined City/Hwy|
|Seat Height (laden) (in./mm)||27.3/693|
Series, bias narrow whitewall
|• Front||D408F NW 130/80B17 65H|
|• Rear||D407 NW 180/65B16 81H|
|• Front||Black 28-spoke |
17 in. x 3 in.
(432 mm x 76 mm)
|• Rear||Black 28-spoke |
16 in. x 5 in.
(406 mm x 127 mm)
|• Optional Style||Tubeless Chrome Aluminum |
|Fuel Capacity (U.S. gals/liters)||6/22.7|
|Weight as Shipped (lbs./kg)||827/375.1|
|Frame||Mild steel; tubular frame; two-piece |
stamped and welded backbone; cast
and forged junctions; twin downtubes;
bolt-on rear frame with forged fender
supports; MIG welded
|Swingarm||Mild steel; two-piece drawn and welded |
section; forged junctions; MIG welded
|Front Forks||41.3 mm telescopic, |
triple circuit damping
|Solids||Vivid Black, Brilliant Silver Pearl, Ember Red Sunglo|
|Two-Tones||Birch White/Midnight Pearl|
Wabash Valley----"The 2012 Harley-Davidson Electra Glide Classic FLHTC is a great bike for your long distance trips. New for 2012, the Harley Electra Glide Classic features a powerful, new, larger air-cooled Twin Cam 103 Harley engine with 6-speed cruise drive tranmission, providing more performance power for passing, hill-climbing, and riding with passenger and lugagge. A key feature of the bike is the motorcycle luggage capacity. The FLHTC has a Tour-Pak providing additional space to the Harley motorcycle saddlebags."