Harley-Davidson Custom Vehicle Operations (CVO)TM emphasizes exclusive styling and inspiring performance with four limited-production motorcycle models for 2012. Decked out with bold paint, gleaming chrome, high-output audio and the most-powerful V-Twin engines offered in production Harley-Davidson motorcycles, each CVO model is a rolling object of desire for the discerning motorcyclist.
Each 2012 CVO model is powered by the fuel-injected Twin Cam 110 V-Twin, the largest-displacement engine offered in a Harley-Davidson motorcycle, rated at up to 122 ft. lbs. of torque. This engine is only available from the factory in CVO models. CVO motorcycles are customized using premium accessories and paint treatments combined with numerous items from the Harley-Davidson Genuine Motor Accessories catalog. The CVO program is often used to introduce new custom components and techniques before they are offered as individual accessories. Harley-Davidson CVO motorcycles are backed by a two-year, unlimited mileage warranty.
Hit the jump for more information on the 2012 Harley-Davidson CVO Street Glide
Harley-Davidson offers more Big Twin performance for 2012 as its Twin Cam 103™ powertrain is standard equipment on Softail® and Touring motorcycle models and most Dyna® motorcycle models. Harley-Davidson will offer two new models for 2012. The V-Rod® 10th Anniversary Edition celebrates a decade of power-cruiser performance, while the new Dyna® Switchback is a convertible custom-touring motorcycle with detachable hard saddlebags and windshield. In addition, the Night Rod Special has significant updates for 2012 with refreshed bodywork and optimized rider ergonomics. Harley-Davidson Custom Vehicle Operations (CVO)TM rolls out the gleaming new CVO Road Glide® Custom, a limited-production, high-performance touring masterpiece.
Harley-Davidson believes every motorcycle it sells can be a custom of one. Harley-Davidson H-D1™ is a comprehensive offering of customization tools for the Harley-Davidson motorcycle owner. H-D1 tools include Harley-Davidson Genuine Motor Accessories listings in print and on-line catalogs, Fit Shop and consultation services at Harley-Davidson dealerships, and factory customization and Bike Builder tools on www.harley-davidson.com. H-D1 offers almost unlimited opportunities to optimize fit, function, style and performance and turn a Harley into a motorcycle that is truly personalized to its owner.
Harley- Davidson heads into 2012 with 32 models, each born of experience that spans generations and a passion for riding that will never diminish.
Highlights of the 2012 Harley-Davidson line include:
- The Twin Cam 103™ engine powers all 2012 Dyna®, Softail® and Touring models with the exception of the Dyna Street Bob® and Dyna Super Glide® Custom. This engine produces up to 100 ft lbs. peak torque, an increase of approximately 6 percent over the Twin Cam 96 engine it replaces as standard power for many of these models. The Twin Cam 103 is equipped with automatic compression release. It features identifying badges on the derby cover, timer cover and air cleaner trim ring.
- A Security Package that pairs Anti-lock Braking System (ABS) with Smart Security System with proximity-based, hands-free security fob is available for all 2012 V-Rod®, Dyna®, Softail®, Touring and CVO™ models. The Security Package is standard equipment on CVO™ models and on the Road Glide® Ultra, the Electra Glide® Ultra Limited, and the Road King® Classic. The Security Package is a factory-installed option for all other models.
- The Night Rod® Special is updated with new tapered tail section, lighter-weight wheels, an inverted front fork and improved ergonomics. Harley-Davidson celebrates a decade of power cruising with the V-Rod® 10th Anniversary Edition motorcycle, finished in Brilliant Silver Pearl bodywork that evokes the anodized aluminum bodywork of the original V-Rod model that introduced the liquid-cooled Revolution V-Twin engine in 2002. All V-Rod models will carry V-Rod 10th Anniversary badges.
- The new Dyna Switchback combines hard saddlebags and a windshield with the eager handling and Twin Cam 103 performance of the Dyna chassis. It’s a custom-touring bike ready for a long weekend trip, until the detachable bags and windshield are removed. Then in seconds the Switchback becomes a custom street cruiser with a gleaming headlamp nacelle, five-spoke cast-aluminum wheels and a mini-ape handlebar. This convertible concept makes the versatile Switchback two motorcycles in one.
- All Harley-Davidson Softail models get the performance boost of the Twin Cam 103 engine for 2012. The Fat Boy and Fat Boy Lo have a new reduced-reach handlebar for more-comfortable ergonomics. A lower, narrower seat shape places the Fat Boy rider in a new "in the bike" position. The Softail Deluxe and Heritage Softail Classic will be available with a new optional "tubeless" Chrome Aluminum Profile Laced wheel option for ease of tire replacement and repair.
- The Twin Cam 103 powertrain gives all Harley-Davidson Touring models assertive power for passing. On Touring models, the Twin Cam 103 is equipped with an oil cooler. All Touring models except the Ultra Limited will offer a new "tubeless" Chrome Aluminum Profile Laced wheel option.
- The Harley-Davidson Sportster® line appeals to a broad range of riders with six 2012 models ranging from the race-inspired XR1200X™ to the accessible SuperLow® to Dark Custom roadsters like the Iron 883™, Nightster® and Forty-Eight®. The Sportster® 1200 Custom can be personalized for fit, function and style with H-D1 factory customization, a process that allows customers to use the Bike Builder tool on harley-davidson.com to build the motorcycle from a selection of options that are installed as the bike is assembled by Harley-Davidson Motor Company or are installed by a dealer after the motorcycle is delivered. New 1200 Custom color options have been added to Bike Builder for 2012.
- The new CVO Road Glide Custom is one of four limited-production 2012 models from Harley-Davidson Custom Vehicle Operations (CVO)TM, each turned out with bold paint, gleaming chrome, and the most-powerful V-Twin engines offered in production Harley-Davidson motorcycles. CVO Road Glide Custom is a hot-rod bagger with a frame-mounted fairing topped with a smoked Wind Splitter windshield, a high-output, amplified Harman/Kardon® Advanced Audio system, and a color-matched, low-profile fuel tank console.
- NEW Custom low profile, solo leather touring seat with an embossed pattern
- NEW Matching detachable passenger pillion and passenger backrest pad
- NEW High-output amplified audio system with 100 watts of power per channel (400 watts total) and eight custom speakers
- NEW New saddlebag lids molded to hold custom 5-inch x 7-inch speakers with bridged tweeters
- NEW Diamond Cut, Charcoal faces on speedometer, tachometer and 2-inch gauges
- NEW Diamond Cut, Charcoal inserts for timer cover, derby cover and ignition switch
- NEW Custom console insert with chrome CVO™ emblem and LED back light
- 19-inch, 7-spoke Mirror Chrome Agitator Custom front wheel and Agitator floating brake rotors with chrome center web
- Side-fill fuel tank with chrome flush-mount LED fuel gauge and flush-mount cap
- 8GB Apple® iPod nano and iPod® holder
- Color-matched components include: fairing lowers with speaker housings, license plate light cover, saddlebag latch covers and rear strut covers
- Smoked, 7-inch Electra Glide® wind deflector
- Customer Care package that includes a tool kit, microfiber detail cloth, and H-D® jiffy stand coaster
- Hydraulic rear shocks with hand-adjustable preload
- Twin Cam 110™ granite powder-coated powertrain with 110 Screamin’ Eagle® identifiers on cylinder heads
- Rumble Collection includes grips, rider floorboard inserts, passenger and shifter pegs, and brake pedal pad
The popular Street Glide®
model, tuned up,
tricked out and packed full of serious power
and radical style, gives you the 2012 CVO™
. Loaded with chrome, attitude,
amenities, including a custom two-piece solo
FL seat and detachable pillion and a dynamic
audio system with an integrated iPod and eight
custom speakers driven by an additional 400
watts of audio power, the CVO Street Glide
boasts a low, lean profile, aggressive look and
fresh, custom-styling ideas, making it a true
The CVO Street Glide is built on the innovative
Harley-Davidson Touring chassis, based on a
single-spar, rigid backbone frame and swingarm
developed to withstand the demands of long-haul
- Anti-Lock Brakes (ABS)
- Electronic Cruise Control
- Smoked turn signal lenses with amber bulbs
- Carry-out saddlebag liners
- Injection-molded, extended saddlebags, full depth with contoured bottoms and increased storage
- Color-matched rear fascia panel incorporates LED stop/turn/tail lights
- Black high-torque 1.4kW starter
- High-performance clutch with hydraulic actuation
- Harley-Davidson® Smart Security System
- Voltage regulator
- Classic front axle nut covers
- Lower triple tree cover
- Front wheel spacer
- Valve stem cover caps
- Rider footboard supports
- Passenger footboard supports
|Engine||Air-cooled, Twin Cam 110™|
|Fuel System||Electronic Sequential Port |
Fuel Injection (ESPFI)
|Transmission||6-Speed Cruise Drive®|
|Miles Per Gallon||41 combined City/HWY|
|Seat Height (laden) (in./mm)||26.5/673|
Series, bias blackwall front
|• Front||D408 130/60B19 61H|
|• Rear||D407 180/55B18 80H|
|• Front||Mirror Chrome Agitator Custom |
19 in. x 3.5 in.
(483 mm x 89 mm)
|• Rear||Mirror Chrome Agitator Custom |
18 in. x 5 in.
(457 mm x 127 mm)
|Fuel Capacity (U.S. gals/liters)||6.0/22.7|
|Weight as Shipped (lbs./kg)||820/372|
|Frame||Mild steel; tubular frame, two-piece |
stamped and welded backbone; cast
and forged junctions; twin down tubes;
bolt-on rear frame with forged fender
supports; MIG welded
|Swingarm||Mild steel; two-piece drawn and welded |
section; forged junctions; MIG welded
|Front Forks||41.3 mm telescopic with blow-by valve |
Rear Shocks Hydraulic, adjustable
|Wheels:||Mirror Chrome Agitator Custom Wheels|
|• Front||19 in. x 3.5 in. (483 mm x 89 mm)|
|• Rear||18 in. x 5 in. (457 mm x 127 mm)|
|• Caliper Type||32 mm, 4-piston fixed front and rear|
|• Rotor Type|
(diameter x width):
|Dual floating rotors (front), |
fixed rotor (rear)
|• Front (dual)||11.81 in. x .2 in. (300 mm x 5 mm)|
|• Rear||11.81 in. x .28 in. (300 mm x 7 mm)|
|• Front Wheel||4.6 in. (117 mm)|
|• Rear Wheel||2 in. (51 mm)|
|Custom Colors||Dark Slate/Black Diamond |
with Phantom Flame graphics, Hot Citrus/Antique Gunstock
with Phantom Flame graphics, Ruby Red/Typhoon Maroon
with Phantom Flame graphics
zimbio----"The popular Street Glide® model, tuned up, tricked out and packed full of serious power and radical style, gives you the 2012 CVO™ Street Glide®. Loaded with chrome, attitude, amenities, including a custom two-piece solo FL seat and detachable pillion and a dynamic audio system with an integrated iPod and eight custom speakers driven by an additional 400 watts of audio power, the CVO Street Glide boasts a low, lean profile, aggressive look and fresh, custom-styling ideas, making it a true hot-rod bagger."