The Harley-Davidson FLSTC Heritage Softail Classic received a few upgrades for 2012 which help it remain on the same level with its rivals. The motorcycle continues to deliver smooth performance from its Air-cooled, Twin Cam, 1690 cc engine. The engine is paired with a six speed cruise drive transmission which offers combined fuel consumption (city/highway) of 42 mpg.
The bike is not only strong, but is also comfortable to ride thanks to its low seat height, ample luggage space, wind protection and the passenger accommodations. Its Lexan windshield allows for quick conversion to custom cruising, while the 1940s-style leather saddlebags offer a pretty generous storage volume.
As far as styling goes you’ll especially like the full FL front fender and the chrome laced wheels and hub cover.
On the options list you’ll find Anti-lock Braking System, tubeless chrome aluminum profile laced wheels and an original equipment custom color paint program.
Hit the jump for more information on the 2012 Harley-Davidson FLSTC Heritage Softail Classic.
Harley-Davidson offers more Big Twin performance for 2012 as its Twin Cam 103™ powertrain is standard equipment on Softail® and Touring motorcycle models and most Dyna® motorcycle models. Harley-Davidson will offer two new models for 2012. The V-Rod® 10th Anniversary Edition celebrates a decade of power-cruiser performance, while the new Dyna® Switchback is a convertible custom-touring motorcycle with detachable hard saddlebags and windshield. In addition, the Night Rod Special has significant updates for 2012 with refreshed bodywork and optimized rider ergonomics. Harley-Davidson Custom Vehicle Operations (CVO)TM rolls out the gleaming new CVO Road Glide® Custom, a limited-production, high-performance touring masterpiece.
Harley-Davidson believes every motorcycle it sells can be a custom of one. Harley-Davidson H-D1™ is a comprehensive offering of customization tools for the Harley-Davidson motorcycle owner. H-D1 tools include Harley-Davidson Genuine Motor Accessories listings in print and on-line catalogs, Fit Shop and consultation services at Harley-Davidson dealerships, and factory customization and Bike Builder tools on www.harley-davidson.com. H-D1 offers almost unlimited opportunities to optimize fit, function, style and performance and turn a Harley into a motorcycle that is truly personalized to its owner.
Harley- Davidson heads into 2012 with 32 models, each born of experience that spans generations and a passion for riding that will never diminish.
- The Twin Cam 103™ engine powers all 2012 Dyna®, Softail® and Touring models with the exception of the Dyna Street Bob® and Dyna Super Glide® Custom. This engine produces up to 100 ft lbs. peak torque, an increase of approximately 6 percent over the Twin Cam 96 engine it replaces as standard power for many of these models. The Twin Cam 103 is equipped with automatic compression release. It features identifying badges on the derby cover, timer cover and air cleaner trim ring.
- A Security Package that pairs Anti-lock Braking System (ABS) with Smart Security System with proximity-based, hands-free security fob is available for all 2012 V-Rod®, Dyna®, Softail®, Touring and CVO™ models. The Security Package is standard equipment on CVO™ models and on the Road Glide® Ultra, the Electra Glide® Ultra Limited, and the Road King® Classic. The Security Package is a factory-installed option for all other models.
- The Night Rod® Special is updated with new tapered tail section, lighter-weight wheels, an inverted front fork and improved ergonomics. Harley-Davidson celebrates a decade of power cruising with the V-Rod® 10th Anniversary Edition motorcycle, finished in Brilliant Silver Pearl bodywork that evokes the anodized aluminum bodywork of the original V-Rod model that introduced the liquid-cooled Revolution V-Twin engine in 2002. All V-Rod models will carry V-Rod 10th Anniversary badges. The new Dyna Switchback combines hard saddlebags and a windshield with the eager handling and Twin Cam 103 performance of the Dyna chassis. It’s a custom-touring bike ready for a long weekend trip, until the detachable bags and windshield are removed. Then in seconds the Switchback becomes a custom street cruiser with a gleaming headlamp nacelle, five-spoke cast-aluminum wheels and a mini-ape handlebar. This convertible concept makes the versatile Switchback two motorcycles in one.
- All Harley-Davidson Softail models get the performance boost of the Twin Cam 103 engine for 2012. The Fat Boy and Fat Boy Lo have a new reduced-reach handlebar for more-comfortable ergonomics. A lower, narrower seat shape places the Fat Boy rider in a new "in the bike" position. The Softail Deluxe and Heritage Softail Classic will be available with a new optional "tubeless" Chrome Aluminum Profile Laced wheel option for ease of tire replacement and repair. The Twin Cam 103 powertrain gives all Harley-Davidson Touring models assertive power for passing. On Touring models, the Twin Cam 103 is equipped with an oil cooler. All Touring models except the Ultra Limited will offer a new "tubeless" Chrome Aluminum Profile Laced wheel option.
- The Harley-Davidson Sportster® line appeals to a broad range of riders with six 2012 models ranging from the race-inspired XR1200X™ to the accessible SuperLow® to Dark Custom roadsters like the Iron 883™, Nightster® and Forty-Eight®. The Sportster® 1200 Custom can be personalized for fit, function and style with H-D1 factory customization, a process that allows customers to use the Bike Builder tool on harley-davidson.com to build the motorcycle from a selection of options that are installed as the bike is assembled by Harley-Davidson Motor Company or are installed by a dealer after the motorcycle is delivered. New 1200 Custom color options have been added to Bike Builder for 2012.
- The new CVO Road Glide Custom is one of four limited-production 2012 models from Harley-Davidson Custom Vehicle Operations (CVO)TM, each turned out with bold paint, gleaming chrome, and the most-powerful V-Twin engines offered in production Harley-Davidson motorcycles. CVO Road Glide Custom is a hot-rod bagger with a frame-mounted fairing topped with a smoked Wind Splitter windshield, a high-output, amplified Harman/Kardon® Advanced Audio system, and a color-matched, low-profile fuel tank console.
NEW Rigid-mounted, counter-balanced Twin Cam
103B™ V-Twin engine with Electronic Sequential
Port Fuel Injection (ESPFI)
NEW Tubeless Chrome Aluminum Profile Laced
NEW Paint color options
- Fuel tank sender for accurate fuel-level readings
- Black powder-coated powertrain with chrome covers
- Chrome exhaust with dual staggered shorty mufflers
- Chrome, Laced Steel wheels with chrome hub covers
- 150 mm rear tire
- Chrome nostalgic seven-inch ball headlamp
- Chrome directional light bar and passing lamps
- Chrome oil tank
- Chrome nostalgic “cats-eye” tank console with a retro speedometer face
- Two-tone leather tank panel with matching sissy-bar backrest trim
- Ergonomic stainless steel, classic touring handlebar
- Half-round footboards and oval brake pedal pad
- Two-piece, two-up Softail® seat with removable pillion
- Studded, nostalgic leather saddlebags with hidden quick-detach buckles
- Detachable king-size Lexan® clear windshield
- Full-coverage front and rear fenders with chrome accents
With its smooth performance, comfortable
riding position, low seat height, ample
luggage space, wind protection and passenger
accommodations, the Heritage Softail® Classic
is a true custom-touring bike. The quick-release
Lexan® windshield allows for quick conversion to
Few bikes capture the spirit of the original
dressers more authentically than this beautiful
motorcycle. 1940s-style leather saddlebags
with quick-detach buckles, full FL front
fender, chrome laced wheels and hub cover
all pay homage to the past, while the counterbalanced
Twin Cam 103B™ engine, hidden
rear suspension and optional Anti-lock Braking
System all reside at the forefront of modern
- 6-Speed Cruise Drive® Transmission
- Horseshoe oil tank
- Five-gallon fuel tank
- Optional Tubeless Chrome Aluminum Profile Laced wheels
- Optional Original Equipment Custom Color Paint Program
|Engine||Air-cooled, Twin Cam 103B™|
|Fuel System||Electronic Sequential Port|
Fuel Injection (ESPFI)
|Transmission||6-Speed Cruise Drive®|
|Miles Per Gallon||42 MPG combined City/Hwy|
|Seat Height (laden) (in./mm)||25.5/648|
Series, bias blackwall
front and rear
|• Front||D402F MT90B16 72H|
|• Rear||D401 150/80B16 71H|
|• Front||Steel Laced|
16 in. x 3 in.
(406 mm x 76 mm)
|• Rear||Steel Laced|
16 in. x 3 in.
(406 mm x 76 mm)
|• Optional Style||Tubeless Chrome Aluminum|
|Fuel Capacity (U.S. gals/liters)||5/18.9|
|Weight as Shipped (lbs./kg)||730/331|
|Frame||Mild steel tubular frame; rectangular|
section backbone; stamped, cast,
and forged junctions; forged fender
supports; MIG welded
|Swingarm||Mild steel, round tube sections,|
forged junctions; MIG welded
|Front Forks||41.3 mm telescopic, “beer can” covers|
|Rear Shocks||Hidden, horizontal-mounted, coil-over|
|Wheels||(Tubeless Chrome Aluminum Profile Laced option):Steel Laced|
|• Front||16 in. x 3 in. (406 mm x 76 mm)|
|• Rear||16 in. x 3 in. (406 mm x 76 mm)|
|• Caliper Type||4-piston front and 2-piston rear|
|• Rotor Type|
(diameter x width):
|Patented, uniform expansion rotors|
|• Front||11.5 in. x .2 in. (292 mm x 5.1 mm)|
|• Rear||11.5 in. x .23 in. (292 mm x 5.8 mm)|
|• Anti-lock Braking|
|• Front Wheel||5.1 in. (130 mm)|
|• Rear Wheel||4.3 in. (109 mm)|
|Solids||Vivid Black, Big Blue Pearl, White Hot Pearl|
|Two-Tones||Ember Red Sunglo/|
Merlot Sunglo, Midnight Pearl/
Brilliant Silver Pearl
|Custom Colors||Tequila Sunrise/H-D Orange|
Wabash valley----"The 2012 Harley-Davidson Heritage Softail Classic motorcycle FLSTC is fully equipped with modern touring capabilities and even has a removable motorcycle windshield. New for 2012, the Harley Heritage Softail Classic features a powerful, new, larger air-cooled Twin Cam 103 Harley engine with 6-speed cruise drive tranmission, providing more performance power for passing, hill-climbing, and riding with passenger and lugagge. Enjoy mile after mile with a large capacity 5-gallon Softail fuel tank."