With its classic design, the Harley Davidson CVO Road Glide Custom is considered one of the most wanted hot rod touring models in its class. The 2012 Harley-Davidson FLTRXSE CVO Road Glide Custom is offered with an exclusive multi-color paint scheme, a new high-output sound system and a host of fresh custom components.
Its distinctive feature is the shark-nose which not only protects the rider from wind, but also gives the entire bike a pretty unique look. Then, there is the strong, air-cooled, Twin Cam 110 engine, which is mated on a 6-Speed Cruise Drive gearbox and delivers a combined fuel consumption of 41 mpg.
The CVO Road Glide Custom is built on the innovative Harley-Davidson Touring chassis, based on a single-spar, rigid backbone frame and swingarm developed to withstand the demands of long-haul touring riders.
Hit the jump for more information on the 2012 Harley-Davidson FLTRXSE CVO Road Glide Custom.
Harley-Davidson Custom Vehicle OperationsTM takes bagger swagger to a new level with the 2012 CVO Road Glide® Custom, a chrome-drenched, shark-nosed beauty that snarls with Screamin’ Eagle authority. This limited-production motorcycle features the most-powerful V-Twin engine offered by Harley-Davidson, an exclusive multi-color paint scheme, a new high-output sound system and a host of fresh custom components. Bombing the boulevard or scorching the highway, the CVO Road Glide® Custom offers an unmatched hot-rod touring experience.
CVO motorcycles are customized using exclusive components and paint treatments combined with premium accessories from the Harley-Davidson Genuine Motor Accessories catalog. The CVO program is often used to introduce new custom components and techniques before they are offered as individual accessories. Harley-Davidson CVO motorcycles are backed by a two-year, unlimited mileage warranty.
The CVO Road Glide Custom features a distinctive, frame-mounted fairing that offers a lighter steering feel than a fork-mounted fairing, and incorporates dual headlamps and a cockpit-style instrument display. Its Harley-Davidson Touring chassis has a single-spar, rigid backbone frame and two-piece swingarm designed to deliver responsive maneuverability and long-haul durability. Chassis geometry and suspension are calibrated to deliver confident handling and comfort. Hand-adjustable hydraulic rear shocks accommodate variable passenger and luggage loads. An Anti-lock Braking System (ABS) and cruise control are standard equipment.
Key CVO Road Glide Custom Features
- Screamin’ Eagle Twin Cam 110 engine with 110-cid (1803cc), rubber-mounted within the frame, is rated at 122 ft. lbs. of torque at 3750 rpm. The engine is equipped with Electronic Sequential Port Fuel Injection (ESPFI) and Electronic Throttle Control (ETC), and is mated to a 6-speed Cruise Drive transmission.
- New Heavy Breather engine air intake with a black aluminum cover and bright aluminum "cut back" details over an exposed air filter element.
- Black billet aluminum muffler end caps with chrome spears on chrome dual exhaust with four-inch touring mufflers.
- New high-output amplified audio system with 100 watts of power per channel (200 watts total) and MTX Audio two-way, five-by-seven-inch fairing-mount speakers and two-inch dash-mount tweeters. Amplifier is located within the fairing. Harman/Kardon Advanced Audio radio features CD/AM/FM/WB. The system includes an 8GB Apple iPod nano with an etched Bar & Shield logo, iPod radio interface and iPod holder located the right-side saddlebag.
- New custom two-piece seat with diamond-pattern contrast stitching; thread or cover color-coordinated to motorcycle paint color. Passenger pillion is removable.
- New black internally wired handlebar with matching black hand controls.
- New Wind Splitter aerodynamic smoked windscreen.
- New color-matched, low-profile fuel tank console with illuminated CVO graphic insert.
- New brushed-nickel Skull fuel tank and fairing medallions.
- Contrast Chrome Agitator Custom wheels (19-inch front, 18-inch rear) with matching Agitator floating front brake rotors.
- Rumble Collection features black rubber with brilliant chrome highlights on the rider footboard inserts, passenger footpeg inserts, shifter pegs, brake pedal, and hand grips.
- Injection-molded, extended hard saddlebags; color-matched rear fascia with LED brake/turn lights.
- Customer Care package includes a tool kit, microfiber detail cloth and H-D jiffy stand coaster.
- NEW High-output amplified audio system with 100 watts of power per channel (200 watts total) and two-way, five-by-seven-inch fairing-mount speakers and two-inch fairing-mount tweeters. Harman/Kardon® Advanced Audio radio features CD/AM/FM/WB.
- NEW “Heavy Breather” style air intake with a black anodized cover
- NEW Custom solo Touring seat and matching detachable pillion with color coordinated stitching and cover matched to vehicle color
- NEW Ergonomically designed Black internallywired handlebar
- NEW Wind Splitter aerodynamic smoked windscreen
- NEW Color-matched, low-profile fuel tank console with illuminated CVO™ graphic
- NEW Brushed-nickel skull fuel tank and fairing medallions
- 8GB Apple® iPod® nano connects to the audio system through an iPod® interface and iPod® holder located in the saddlebag
- Twin Cam 110™ Black powder-coated powertrain with 110 Screamin’ Eagle® identifiers on cylinder heads
- Rumble Collection rider footboard inserts, passenger footpeg inserts, shifter pegs, brake pedal, hand grips
- Contrast Chrome Agitator Custom wheels with matching Agitator floating front brake disc
- Road Glide® air deflectors fit on top of the engine guards and redirect turbulent air from the area between the fairing and the fuel tank
- Black billet muffler end caps with chrome spears
- Injection-molded, extended hard saddlebags; colormatched rear fascia with LED brake/turn lights
- Color-matched inner fairing and speedometer/ tachometer housing, color-matched upper fork sliders, license plate light cover, and rear fender strut covers
The CVO™ Road Glide®
Custom offers an
unmatched hot-rod touring experience. This
chrome-drenched, shark-nosed beauty features
the air-cooled, Twin Cam 110™ engine, an
exclusive multi-color paint scheme, a new
high-output sound system and a host of fresh
The CVO Road Glide Custom is built on the
innovative Harley-Davidson Touring chassis,
based on a single-spar, rigid backbone frame and
swingarm developed to withstand the demands of
long-haul touring riders.
- Aerodynamic fork-mounted fairing with dual headlamps
- Anti-Lock Braking System (ABS)
- Electronic Cruise Control
- Black high-torque 1.4kW starter
- Braided black stainless steel brake and clutch lines
- High-performance clutch with hydraulic actuation
- Harley-Davidson® Smart Security System
- Indoor storage cover with embroidered CVO™ logo
- Commemorative CVO™ ignition key with display box
|Engine||Air-cooled, Twin Cam 110™|
|Fuel System||Electronic Sequential Port |
Fuel Injection (ESPFI)
|Transmission||6-Speed Cruise Drive®|
|Miles Per Gallon||41 combined City/Hwy|
|Seat Height (laden) (in./mm)||26.6/676|
Series, bias blackwall
front and rear
|• Front||D408 130/60B19 61H|
|• Rear||D407 180/55B18 80H|
|• Front||Contrast Chrome Agitator |
19 in. x 3.5 in.
(483 mm x 89 mm)
|• Rear||Contrast Chrome Agitator |
18 in. x 5 in.
(457 mm x 127 mm)
|Fuel Capacity (U.S. gals/liters)||6.0/22.7|
|Weight as Shipped (lbs./kg)||807/366|
|Frame||Mild steel; tubular frame, two-piece |
stamped and welded backbone; cast
and forged junctions; twin down tubes;
bolt-on rear frame with forged fender
supports; MIG welded
|Swingarm||Mild steel; two-piece drawn and welded |
section; forged junctions; MIG welded
|Front Forks||41.3 mm telescopic with blow-by valve |
Rear Shocks Hydraulic, adjustable
|Wheels:||Contrast Chrome Agitator Custom |
|• Front||19 in. x 3.5 in. (483 mm x 89 mm)|
|• Rear||18 in. x 5 in. (457 mm x 127 mm)|
|• Caliper Type||32 mm, 4-piston fixed front and rear|
|• Rotor Type|
(diameter x width):
|Dual floating rotors (front), |
fixed rotor (rear)
|• Front (dual)||11.81 in. x .2 in. (300 mm x 5 mm)|
|• Rear||11.81 in. x .28 in. (300 mm x 7 mm)|
|• Front Wheel||4.6 in. (117 mm)|
|• Rear Wheel||2 in. (51 mm)|
|Custom Colors||White Gold Pearl/|
Starfire Black with
Real Smoke graphics, Maple Metallic/Vivid Black
with Real Smoke graphics, Candy Cobalt/Twilight Blue
with Real Smoke graphics
Tampa Harley----"The 2012 Harley CVO Road Glide Custom is ready to take you down the road in touring comfort and Custom Vehicle Operations high-end style. Individually crafted and hand finished, high-impact paint and graphics come standard on this CVO touring custom motorcycle. There are three custom CVO Road Glide Custom paint schemes to choose from and plenty of matching paint on the Tour-Pak, saddlebags, fenders and more. The large Agitator wheels add to the unique style of this CVO touring custom motorcycle. For your long-haul needs, the Custom Vehicle Operations Road Glide Custom has stretched-bottom saddlebags so you can securely bring your possessions along on your ride. The in-fairing tweeter and 100-watt per channel amplifier offer high quality audio to accompany your ride, with an iPod and iPod interface for enjoying your own music."