- Evolution V-Twin powertrain
- five-speed transmission
- 1200 L
Some bikes are made to thrill while others are made to shrill. The Harley-Davidson Sportster XL1200N Nightster is both - and a whole lot more.
Ever since its introduction in 2007, the Nightster model has prowled the streets with a deep, menacing growl. Its low, dark, and aggressive, and its styling has brought back some serious attitude to Harley’s Sportster family. With chopped front and rear fenders, a side-mounted license plate, a low 25.3" seat height, old-school front fork gaiters, and raw-boned graphics, the Sportster Nightster has become the ideal no-nonsense cruiser bike Harley-Davidson fans have come to love.
Other design details of the Sportster Nightster include a chopped front fender with black brackets and lightening holes, a chopped rear fender with black supports, black fork sliders and fork gaiters, a Sportster Classic solo seat, a black headlamp body with a black visor and satin trim ring, a low-rise handlebar and black riser, and a new pair of laced steel wheels with chrome spokes and black hubs.
What makes the Sportster Nightster all the more impressive, apart from its design, is its performance capabilities. To ensure that the Nightster upholds its bad-ass reputation, Harley fitted the bike with a rubber-mounted 1200cc Evolution V-Twin powertrain with an Electronic Sequential Port Fuel Injection (ESPFI) system and mated to a five-speed transmission.
Unlike the rest of Harley’s family of models, the Nightster has been around for a little over four years. But in that time, it has become one of the most sought-after cruisers on the market, mainly because it’s stealthy look matches well with the customer’s need for a powerful and versatile cruiser.
Find out more about the Harley-Davidson Sportster XL1200N Nightster after the jump.
NEW Black side covers to match bodywork finish
NEW Michelin® Scorcher “31” front and
NEW Paint color options:
- Medium-gray powder-coated engine with polished covers
- Chrome exhaust with slash-cut mufflers
- Low front and rear suspension
- Classic 3.3-gallon fuel tank
- Black, Laced Steel wheels with chrome spokes and black hubs
- Chopped front fender with black brackets and lightening holes
- Chopped rear fender with black supports
- Belt guard with lightening holes
- Black fork sliders and black fork gaiters
- Sportster Classic solo seat
- Black hand and foot controls
- Side-mounted license plate
- Combination stop/turn/tail lights
- Black headlamp body with black visor and satin trim ring
- Black low-rise handlebar and black riser
- Evolution V-Twin powertrain with Electronic Sequential Port Fuel Injection (ESPFI)
- Rubber-mounted powertrain to reduce vibration
- 5-speed transmission
- Dual staggered exhaust
- Handlebar-mounted electronic speedometer
- Disc brakes
- Mid-mounted foot controls
- Optional Harley-Davidson Smart Security System with hands-free security fob
- Optional Original Equipment Custom Color paint program
|Fuel System||Electronic Sequential Port Fuel Injection (ESPFI)|
|Miles Per Gallon||48 MPG combined City/Hwy|
|Seat Height (laden) (in./mm)||25.7/653|
|Tire||Michelin Scorcher “31”|
front and rear
|• Front||Scorcher “31”|
|• Rear||Scorcher “31”|
|• Front||Black Laced Steel|
19 in. x 2.5 in.
(482.6 mm x 63.5 mm)
|• Rear||Black Laced Steel|
16 in. x 3 in.
(406.4 mm x 76.2 mm)
|Fuel Capacity (U.S. gals/liters)||3.3/12.5|
|Weight as Shipped (lbs./kg)||545/247.2|
|Frame||Mild steel, tubular frame; circular|
sections; cast junctions
|Swingarm||Mild steel, rectangular tube section,|
stamped junctions; MIG welded
|Front Forks||39 mm|
|Rear Shocks||Coil-over; preload dual-adjustable|
|Wheels:||Black Steel Laced|
|• Front||19 in. x 2.5 in. (483 mm x 64 mm)|
|• Rear||16 in. x 3 in. (406 mm x 76 mm)|
|• Caliper Type||Dual-piston front, single-piston rear|
|• Rotor Type||Patented, uniform expansion rotors|
|• Front Wheel||3.62 in. (92 mm)|
|• Rear Wheel||1.63 in. (41 mm)|
|Solids||Vivid Black, Black Denim|
Cool Blue Pearl, Midnight Pearl/
Brilliant Silver Pearl
Infosport Bike----"Back in his first full year of production Sportster 1200 Custom motorcycle, motorbike, which introduced the web-H Bike Builder D1TM factory setting process. The help of the generator bicycle, customers can customize their 1200 custom motorcycle seats, handlebars, foot controls, wheels, safety, painting, and the engine has completed the options you want, which is then mounted to the right of the plant. Even more dealer-installed accessories can be added, and seen on the site of motorcycle manufacturer. "