- Evolution V-Twin powertrain
- five-speed transmission
- 883 L
The Harley-Davidson Sportster XL883N Iron 883 is the personification of a stealthy and evocative bike that the Sportster line has been known for since it was born on the gritty dirt tracks and drag strips of the 50’s.
Fast forward to 2012 and the Iron 883 is still a favorite cruiser for Harley enthusiasts, highlighted by a design that evokes its Dark Custom styling.
Among the stand-out features of the Iron 883 include new black side covers, black powder-coated engine and covers, a black headlamp bucket with black visor and a satin trim ring, a black drag-style handlebar and riser, a chrome exhaust with dual straight-cut mufflers, black fork sliders and fork gaiters, and a pair of 13-spoke cast aluminum wheels wrapped in 31" Michelin Scorcher front and rear tires.
Inside, the Iron 883 runs with an 883cc Evolution V-Twin powertrain with Electronic Sequential Port Fuel Injection (ESPFI). The ridiculously powerful engine comes with a five-speed transmission with a dual staggered exhaust system.
True to its calling as an all-world cruiser, the Iron 883 takes attitude to a really, really dark place. It reflects the style of riders who want a quality
ride with no hassles; it’s the blacked-out, back-alley bruiser that’s considered the “anti-chrome” Harley model.
The Iron 883 is for those who want their first taste of that ride-hard-and-put-up-wet lifestyle that Dark Customs bikes are famous for.
Find out more about the Harley-Davidson Sportster Iron 883 after the jump.
New Black side covers to match bodywork finish
New Michelin Scorcher “31” front and
New Paint color options:
- Black powder-coated engine and covers
- Chrome exhaust with dual straight-cut mufflers
- Low front and rear suspension
- Classic 3.3-gallon fuel tank
- Black, 13-spoke cast aluminum wheels
- Chopped rear fender with black supports
- Black belt guard
- Black fork sliders and black fork gaiters
- Sportster Classic solo seat
- Black hand and foot controls
- Side-mounted license plate
- Combination stop/turn/tail lights
- Black headlamp bucket with black visor and satin trim ring
- Black drag-style handlebar and black riser
- Evolution V-Twin powertrain with Electronic Sequential Port Fuel Injection (ESPFI)
- Rubber-mounted powertrain to reduce vibration
- 5-speed transmission
- Dual staggered exhaust
- Handlebar-mounted electronic speedometer
- Disc brakes
- Mid-mounted foot controls
- Optional Harley-Davidson Smart Security System with hands-free security fob
|Fuel System||Electronic Sequential Port|
Fuel Injection (ESPFI)
|Miles Per Gallon||51 MPG combined City/Hwy|
|Seat Height (laden)||(in./mm) 25.7/653|
|Tire||Michelin Scorcher “31”|
front and rear
|• Front||Scorcher “31”|
|• Rear||Scorcher “31”|
|• Front||Black 13-Spoke|
19 in. x 2.15 in.
(482.6 mm x 54.61 mm)
|• Rear||Black 13-Spoke|
16 in. x 3 in.
(406.4 mm x 76.2 mm)
|Fuel Capacity||(U.S. gals/liters) 3.3/12.5|
|Weight as Shipped||(lbs./kg) 548/248.6|
|Frame||Mild steel, tubular frame; circular|
sections; cast junctions
|Swingarm||Mild steel, rectangular tube section,|
stamped junctions; MIG welded
|Front Forks||39 mm|
|Rear Shocks||Coil-over; preload dual-adjustable|
|Wheels:||Black 13-Spoke Cast Aluminum|
|• Front||19 in. x 2.15 in. (482.6 mm x 54.61 mm)|
|• Rear||16 in. x 3 in. (406.4 mm x 76.2 mm)|
|• Caliper Type||Dual-piston front, single-piston rear|
|• Rotor Type||Patented, uniform expansion rotors|
|• Front Wheel||3.62 in. (92 mm)|
|• Rear Wheel||1.63 in. (41 mm)|
|Color||Big Blue Pearl, Ember Red Sunglo, Black Denim|
TotalMotorcycle----"Reflecting the style of riders who want a quality ride with no hassles, the blacked-out, back-alley bruiser is the “anti-chrome” Harley model. The Iron 883 is for those who want their first taste of that ride-hard-and-put-up-wet lifestyle. It’s for those who want to tear up asphalt and backroads instead of polishing paint and chrome."