- Air-cooled Twin Cam 103™ with Integrated Oil-Cooler
- Torque @ RPM:
- 100 ft. lbs. @ 3250 RPM
- Electronic Sequential Port Fuel Injection (ESPFI)
- 103 cu. in. (1690 cc) L
Any motorcycle is more enjoyable when its fit, function and styling are a perfect match to its owner. To help its customers achieve this goal, Harley-Davidson offers H-D1, a comprehensive set of customization tools that can be used by those purchasing a new Harley-Davidson motorcycle, and riders who wish to update a Harley they already have on the road. Available on Harley-Davidson.com and at authorized Harley-Davidson dealerships, H-D1 offers almost unlimited opportunities to turn a Harley into a custom of one, a motorcycle that is truly personalized to its owner.
The Road Glide Ultra combines the light handling and wind-splitting aerodynamics of a frame-mounted fairing with a full complement of touring appointments for the devoted long distance rider and passenger. The innovative Harley-Davidson Touring chassis is based on a single-spar, rigid backbone frame and a stout swingarm developed to withstand the demands of long-haul touring riders and today’s powerful engines.
Hit the jump for more information on the Harley-Davidson Touring FLTRU Road Glide Ultra.
Harley-Davidson offers more Big Twin performance for 2012 as its Twin Cam 103™ powertrain is standard equipment on Softail® and Touring motorcycle models and most Dyna® motorcycle models. Harley-Davidson will offer two new models for 2012. The V-Rod® 10th Anniversary Edition celebrates a decade of power-cruiser performance, while the new Dyna® Switchback is a convertible custom-touring motorcycle with detachable hard saddlebags and windshield. In addition, the Night Rod Special has significant updates for 2012 with refreshed bodywork and optimized rider ergonomics. Harley-Davidson Custom Vehicle Operations (CVO)TM rolls out the gleaming new CVO Road Glide® Custom, a limited-production, high-performance touring masterpiece.
Harley-Davidson believes every motorcycle it sells can be a custom of one. Harley-Davidson H-D1™ is a comprehensive offering of customization tools for the Harley-Davidson motorcycle owner. H-D1 tools include Harley-Davidson Genuine Motor Accessories listings in print and on-line catalogs, Fit Shop and consultation services at Harley-Davidson dealerships, and factory customization and Bike Builder tools on www.harley-davidson.com. H-D1 offers almost unlimited opportunities to optimize fit, function, style and performance and turn a Harley into a motorcycle that is truly personalized to its owner.
Harley- Davidson heads into 2012 with 32 models, each born of experience that spans generations and a passion for riding that will never diminish.
Highlights of the 2012 Harley-Davidson line include:
- The Twin Cam 103™ engine powers all 2012 Dyna®, Softail® and Touring models with the exception of the Dyna Street Bob® and Dyna Super Glide® Custom. This engine produces up to 100 ft lbs. peak torque, an increase of approximately 6 percent over the Twin Cam 96 engine it replaces as standard power for many of these models. The Twin Cam 103 is equipped with automatic compression release. It features identifying badges on the derby cover, timer cover and air cleaner trim ring.
- A Security Package that pairs Anti-lock Braking System (ABS) with Smart Security System with proximity-based, hands-free security fob is available for all 2012 V-Rod®, Dyna®, Softail®, Touring and CVO™ models. The Security Package is standard equipment on CVO™ models and on the Road Glide® Ultra, the Electra Glide® Ultra Limited, and the Road King® Classic. The Security Package is a factory-installed option for all other models.
- The Night Rod® Special is updated with new tapered tail section, lighter-weight wheels, an inverted front fork and improved ergonomics. Harley-Davidson celebrates a decade of power cruising with the V-Rod® 10th Anniversary Edition motorcycle, finished in Brilliant Silver Pearl bodywork that evokes the anodized aluminum bodywork of the original V-Rod model that introduced the liquid-cooled Revolution V-Twin engine in 2002. All V-Rod models will carry V-Rod 10th Anniversary badges.
- The new Dyna Switchback combines hard saddlebags and a windshield with the eager handling and Twin Cam 103 performance of the Dyna chassis. It’s a custom-touring bike ready for a long weekend trip, until the detachable bags and windshield are removed. Then in seconds the Switchback becomes a custom street cruiser with a gleaming headlamp nacelle, five-spoke cast-aluminum wheels and a mini-ape handlebar. This convertible concept makes the versatile Switchback two motorcycles in one.
- All Harley-Davidson Softail models get the performance boost of the Twin Cam 103 engine for 2012. The Fat Boy and Fat Boy Lo have a new reduced-reach handlebar for more-comfortable ergonomics. A lower, narrower seat shape places the Fat Boy rider in a new "in the bike" position. The Softail Deluxe and Heritage Softail Classic will be available with a new optional "tubeless" Chrome Aluminum Profile Laced wheel option for ease of tire replacement and repair.
- The Twin Cam 103 powertrain gives all Harley-Davidson Touring models assertive power for passing. On Touring models, the Twin Cam 103 is equipped with an oil cooler. All Touring models except the Ultra Limited will offer a new "tubeless" Chrome Aluminum Profile Laced wheel option.
- The Harley-Davidson Sportster® line appeals to a broad range of riders with six 2012 models ranging from the race-inspired XR1200X™ to the accessible SuperLow® to Dark Custom roadsters like the Iron 883™, Nightster® and Forty-Eight®. The Sportster® 1200 Custom can be personalized for fit, function and style with H-D1 factory customization, a process that allows customers to use the Bike Builder tool on harley-davidson.com to build the motorcycle from a selection of options that are installed as the bike is assembled by Harley-Davidson Motor Company or are installed by a dealer after the motorcycle is delivered. New 1200 Custom color options have been added to Bike Builder for 2012.
- The new CVO Road Glide Custom is one of four limited-production 2012 models from Harley-Davidson Custom Vehicle Operations (CVO)TM, each turned out with bold paint, gleaming chrome, and the most-powerful V-Twin engines offered in production Harley-Davidson motorcycles. CVO Road Glide Custom is a hot-rod bagger with a frame-mounted fairing topped with a smoked Wind Splitter windshield, a high-output, amplified Harman/Kardon® Advanced Audio system, and a color-matched, low-profile fuel tank console.
- NEW Air deflector
- NEW Tubeless Chrome Aluminum Profile Laced wheel option
- NEW Paint color options
- Injection Molded King Tour-Pak® with soft luggage liners, storage pockets and wrap-around rear tail/brake lights; 2.26 cu. ft. volume
- Vented lower fairings with integral storage compartments
- 80-watt, four-speaker Harmon/Kardon® Advanced Audio with CD/MP3 player, and CB/Intercom
- One-piece, two-up Electra Glide® classic comfort stitch seat shaped to improve rider leg reach to the ground, and to provide better lower back support
- Aerodynamic, frame-mounted fairing incorporates clear Lexan windshield, dual headlamps and a cockpit-style instrument display
- Black powder-coated powertrain with chrome covers
- Chrome, 2-1-2 dual exhaust with tapered mufflers
- Black, 28-spoke Cast Aluminum wheels
- Mid-frame air deflectors
- Chrome, low-profile fuel tank console
- Deep FL front fender
- Stainless steel, classic touring handlebar
- Passenger backrest with wrap-around armrests
- Injection-molded GTX saddlebags; 2.26 cu. ft. volume
- Electronic speedometer and tachometer plus fuel, voltage, oil pressure and ambient air temperature gauges
- Combination stop/turn/tail lights
- Clean rear fender with low mount license plate module and LED illumination
Once again setting the standard as the “tourer’s
touring bike,” the Road Glide®
comfort, convenience and functionality to
the next level. All the outstanding handling
properties of the unique “shark nose,” framemounted fairing are combined with the added
convenience of a deluxe King Tour-Pak™
carrier, fairing lowers with integral glove boxes,
a huge 1690 cc Twin Cam 103™ engine,
Anti-lock Brakes and a Smart Security System
The Road Glide®
Ultra doesn’t stop at
functionality. This modern beauty showcases all
the attention to detail that Harley-Davidson is
known for. A clean, sleek profile. A unique Road
Ultra medallion on the Tour-Pak®
Woven-nylon, soft luggage liners. Deep rich paint
and chrome. There’s no mistaking this bike for
anything but true, authentic Harley-Davidson.
- Frame-mounted Twin Cam™ 103 V-Twin engine with Electronic Sequential Port Fuel Injection (ESPFI) and Electronic Throttle Control (ETC)
- 6-Speed Cruise Drive® transmission with integrated Isolated Drive System (IDS)
- Anti-lock braking system (ABS)
- Dunlop® “Multi-Tread” rear tire construction extends tire life by 25 percent
- Brembo® 4-piston front and rear caliper with dual front rotor brake system
- Air-adjustable rear shocks
- Full-length rider footboards
- Height-adjustable passenger footboards
- Six-gallon fuel tank
- Harley-Davidson® Smart Security System with hands-free security fob
- Electronic cruise control
- Optional Chrome, Aluminum Profile laced wheels
|Engine||Air-cooled Twin Cam 103™ |
with Integrated Oil-Cooler
|Fuel System||Electronic Sequential Port |
Fuel Injection (ESPFI)
|Transmission||6-Speed Cruise Drive®|
|Miles Per Gallon||42 MPG combined City/Hwy|
|Seat Height (laden) (in./mm)||27.3/693|
Series, bias blackwall front
|• Front||D408F BW 130/80B17 65H|
|• Rear||D407 BW 180/65B16 81H|
|• Front||Black 28-spoke |
17 in. x 3 in.
(432 mm x 76 mm)
|• Rear||Black 28-spoke |
16 in. x 5 in.
(406 mm x 127 mm)
|• Optional Style||Tubeless Chrome Aluminum |
|Fuel Capacity (U.S. gals/liters)||6/22.7|
|Weight as Shipped (lbs./kg)||850/385.6|
|Frame||Mild steel; tubular frame; two-piece |
stamped and welded backbone; cast
and forged junctions; twin downtubes;
bolt-on rear frame with forged fender
supports; MIG welded
|Swingarm||Mild steel; two-piece drawn and welded |
section; forged junctions; MIG welded
|Front Forks||41.3 mm telescopic, |
|Wheels(Tubeless Chrome |
Aluminum Profile Laced option):
|Black 28-Spoke Cast Aluminum|
|• Front||17 in. x 3 in. (432 mm x 76 mm)|
|• Rear||16 in. x 5 in. (406 mm x 127 mm)|
|• Caliper Type||32 mm, 4-piston fixed front and rear|
|• Rotor Type|
(diameter x width):
|Patented, fixed rotors|
|• Front (dual)||11.81 in. x .2 in. (300 mm x 5.1 mm)|
|• Rear||11.81 in. x .28 in. (300 mm x 7.1 mm)|
|• Front Wheel||4.6 in. (117 mm)|
|• Rear Wheel||3 in. (76 mm)|
|Engineered for |
|Solids||Vivid Black, Big Blue Pearl, Ember Red Sunglo|
Motorcycle USA----"The beauty of motorcycling nowadays is there’s a genre of motorcycle for every type of riding you could ever dream of. But when it comes to cruising across the open road and soaking up the scenery with premium levels of comfort, you’ll be hard pressed to find a better two-wheeled companion than the Harley-Davidson Road Glide Ultra (read more about it in the 2011 Harley Road Glide Ultra First Ride). The Road Glide Ultra is the newest member in The Motor Company’s 2011 cruiser line-up. It’s based off the classically styled Road Glide Custom with added touring equipment for longer hauls. Having wished to discover what this Harley’s like to live with day-in and day-out, we spent the last few months racking up miles on it throughout the American Southwest. "