The Tri Glide Ultra Classic is a full-feature, factory motorcycle built to confidently chase the horizon with long-haul comfort and freedom on three wheels. The Harley-Davidson Trike platform brings original-equipment design, quality and service to the three-wheel motorcycle segment.
The 2012 Harley Davidson Tri Glide Ultra Classis is powered by a Twin Cam 103 powerplant which is mated on a six speed transmission and delivers an average fuel consumption of 38 mpg.
For 2012, the Harley-Davidson Tri Glide Ultra Classic offers new paint color options, black powder-coated engine with chrome covers, chrome 2-1-2 dual exhaust with tapered mufflers, 7-Spoke Black-and-Machined Cast Aluminum wheels and a Lexan windshield.
Other features offered by the American motorcycle include the 80-watt, four-speaker Harman/Kardon Advanced Audio System with CD/MP3 player and CB/Intercom, 40-watt CB radio and intercom system and electronic cruise control.
Hit the jump for more information on the 2012 Harley-Davidson Tri Glide Ultra Classic.
Harley-Davidson offers more Big Twin performance for 2012 as its Twin Cam 103™ powertrain is standard equipment on Softail® and Touring motorcycle models and most Dyna® motorcycle models. Harley-Davidson will offer two new models for 2012. The V-Rod® 10th Anniversary Edition celebrates a decade of power-cruiser performance, while the new Dyna® Switchback is a convertible custom-touring motorcycle with detachable hard saddlebags and windshield. In addition, the Night Rod Special has significant updates for 2012 with refreshed bodywork and optimized rider ergonomics. Harley-Davidson Custom Vehicle Operations (CVO)TM rolls out the gleaming new CVO Road Glide® Custom, a limited-production, high-performance touring masterpiece.
Harley-Davidson believes every motorcycle it sells can be a custom of one. Harley-Davidson H-D1™ is a comprehensive offering of customization tools for the Harley-Davidson motorcycle owner. H-D1 tools include Harley-Davidson Genuine Motor Accessories listings in print and on-line catalogs, Fit Shop and consultation services at Harley-Davidson dealerships, and factory customization and Bike Builder tools on www.harley-davidson.com. H-D1 offers almost unlimited opportunities to optimize fit, function, style and performance and turn a Harley into a motorcycle that is truly personalized to its owner.
Harley- Davidson heads into 2012 with 32 models, each born of experience that spans generations and a passion for riding that will never diminish.
Highlights of the 2012 Harley-Davidson line include:
- The Twin Cam 103™ engine powers all 2012 Dyna®, Softail® and Touring models with the exception of the Dyna Street Bob® and Dyna Super Glide® Custom. This engine produces up to 100 ft lbs. peak torque, an increase of approximately 6 percent over the Twin Cam 96 engine it replaces as standard power for many of these models. The Twin Cam 103 is equipped with automatic compression release. It features identifying badges on the derby cover, timer cover and air cleaner trim ring.
- A Security Package that pairs Anti-lock Braking System (ABS) with Smart Security System with proximity-based, hands-free security fob is available for all 2012 V-Rod®, Dyna®, Softail®, Touring and CVO™ models. The Security Package is standard equipment on CVO™ models and on the Road Glide® Ultra, the Electra Glide® Ultra Limited, and the Road King® Classic. The Security Package is a factory-installed option for all other models.
- The Night Rod® Special is updated with new tapered tail section, lighter-weight wheels, an inverted front fork and improved ergonomics. Harley-Davidson celebrates a decade of power cruising with the V-Rod® 10th Anniversary Edition motorcycle, finished in Brilliant Silver Pearl bodywork that evokes the anodized aluminum bodywork of the original V-Rod model that introduced the liquid-cooled Revolution V-Twin engine in 2002. All V-Rod models will carry V-Rod 10th Anniversary badges.
- The new Dyna Switchback combines hard saddlebags and a windshield with the eager handling and Twin Cam 103 performance of the Dyna chassis. It’s a custom-touring bike ready for a long weekend trip, until the detachable bags and windshield are removed. Then in seconds the Switchback becomes a custom street cruiser with a gleaming headlamp nacelle, five-spoke cast-aluminum wheels and a mini-ape handlebar. This convertible concept makes the versatile Switchback two motorcycles in one.
- All Harley-Davidson Softail models get the performance boost of the Twin Cam 103 engine for 2012. The Fat Boy and Fat Boy Lo have a new reduced-reach handlebar for more-comfortable ergonomics. A lower, narrower seat shape places the Fat Boy rider in a new "in the bike" position. The Softail Deluxe and Heritage Softail Classic will be available with a new optional "tubeless" Chrome Aluminum Profile Laced wheel option for ease of tire replacement and repair.
- The Twin Cam 103 powertrain gives all Harley-Davidson Touring models assertive power for passing. On Touring models, the Twin Cam 103 is equipped with an oil cooler. All Touring models except the Ultra Limited will offer a new "tubeless" Chrome Aluminum Profile Laced wheel option.
- The Harley-Davidson Sportster® line appeals to a broad range of riders with six 2012 models ranging from the race-inspired XR1200X™ to the accessible SuperLow® to Dark Custom roadsters like the Iron 883™, Nightster® and Forty-Eight®. The Sportster® 1200 Custom can be personalized for fit, function and style with H-D1 factory customization, a process that allows customers to use the Bike Builder tool on harley-davidson.com to build the motorcycle from a selection of options that are installed as the bike is assembled by Harley-Davidson Motor Company or are installed by a dealer after the motorcycle is delivered. New 1200 Custom color options have been added to Bike Builder for 2012.
- The new CVO Road Glide Custom is one of four limited-production 2012 models from Harley-Davidson Custom Vehicle Operations (CVO)TM, each turned out with bold paint, gleaming chrome, and the most-powerful V-Twin engines offered in production Harley-Davidson motorcycles. CVO Road Glide Custom is a hot-rod bagger with a frame-mounted fairing topped with a smoked Wind Splitter windshield, a high-output, amplified Harman/Kardon® Advanced Audio system, and a color-matched, low-profile fuel tank console.
- NEW Paint color options
- 30-Tooth Transmission Output Sprocket for better launch and passing performance
- Black powder-coated engine with chrome covers
- Chrome 2-1-2 dual exhaust with tapered mufflers
- Split, 7-Spoke Black-and-Machined Cast Aluminum wheels
- Bat-wing, fork-mounted fairing with clear, Lexan® windshield
- Smoked Lexan® adjustable fairing-mounted air deflectors
- Vented removable lower fairings with integral storage compartment
- Chrome, low-profile fuel tank console
- Fairing-mounted electronic speedometer and tachometer plus fuel, voltage, oil pressure and ambient air temperature gauges
- 80-watt, four-speaker Harman/Kardon® Advanced Audio System with CD/MP3 player and CB/Intercom
- 40-watt CB radio and intercom system
- One-piece, two-up Ultra Classic® Electra Glide® comfort stitch seat
- Injection Molded hard Tour-Pak® w/soft luggage liners, storage pockets and wrap-around rear tail/brake lights; 2.26 cu. ft. volume and 30-pound capacity
- Passenger backrest and arm rests
- Electronic cruise control
- Auxiliary passing lights
Experienced two-wheel touring enthusiasts
have an authentic three-wheel alternative with
real performance, excitement and style that
is truly Harley-Davidson. The Tri Glide™ Ultra
Trike features ultra-comfortable, long
haul conveniences, a large Twin Cam 103™
engine, lengthened and raked front fork with
steering damper, a deluxe Tour-Pak®
integrated trunk for 6.5 cubic feet of storage.
Loaded with features like a 4-speaker, 80-watt
Advanced Audio System,
electronic cruise control and electric reverse
drive, the Tri Glide Ultra Classic is ready to
redefine “long haul.”
- Rubber-mounted Twin Cam 103™ V-Twin engine with Electronic Sequential Port Fuel Injection (ESPFI), rated at 101 ft. lbs. of torque
- 6-speed Cruise Drive® transmission
- Lengthened and raked front forks optimize steering
- Air-adjustable rear shocks
- Rear-axle assembly with lightweight aluminum center section and steel axle tubes
- Dual front disc brakes and dual-disc rear brake system with a lever-actuated, integrated parking brake
- Trunk provides 4.3 cubic feet of storage space and 50-pound capacity
- Height-adjustable passenger footboards
- Optional Harley-Davidson® Smart Security System with next-generation hands-free security fob
|Engine||Air-cooled, Twin Cam 103™|
|Fuel System||Electronic Sequential Port |
Fuel Injection (ESPFI)
|Transmission||6-Speed Cruise Drive®|
|Miles Per Gallon||38 MPG combined City/Hwy|
|Seat Height (laden) (in./mm)||27.1/688|
Series, bias blackwall front
and radial blackwall rear
|• Front||D402F MT90B16 72H|
|• Rear||Signature P205/65R15|
|• Front||Black 7-Spoke Cast Aluminum|
16 in. x 3 in.
(406 mm x 76 mm)
|• Rear||Black 7-Spoke Cast Aluminum|
15 in. x 5.5 in.
(381 mm x 140 mm)
|Fuel Capacity (U.S. gals/liters)||6/22.7|
|Weight as Shipped (lbs./kg)||1157/524.8|
|Frame||Mild steel, square-section backbone |
with twin downtubes
|Swingarm||Mild steel, rectangular tube sections |
with plate junctions; MIG welded
|Front Forks||41.3 mm telescopic, |
|Wheels:||Black 7-Spoke Cast Aluminum|
|• Front||16 in. x 3 in. (406 mm x 76 mm)|
|• Rear||15 in. x 5.5 in. (381 mm x 140 mm)|
|• Caliper Type||32 mm, 4-piston fixed front, 31.75 mm |
single piston floating rear
|• Rotor Type|
(diameter x width):
|Patented fixed front rotor, |
dual fixed rear rotors
|• Front (dual)||11.81 in. x .2 in. (300 mm x 5.1 mm)|
|• Rear||9 in. x .24 in. (228.6 mm x 6.1 mm)|
|• Front Wheel||4.61 in. (117 mm)|
|• Rear Wheel||2.99 in. (76 mm)|
|Parking Brake||Lever actuated dual parking brake|
Zimbio----"The three-wheel pioneer designed to be the ultimate badass touring machine.
The Tri Glide™ Ultra Classic® is a full-feature, factory motorcycle built to confidently chase the horizon with long-haul comfort and freedom on three wheels. The Harley-Davidson® Trike platform brings original-equipment design, quality and service to the three-wheel motorcycle segment. Experienced two-wheel touring enthusiasts have an authentic three-wheel alternative with real performance, excitement and style that
is truly Harley-Davidson."