- Evolution V-Twin powertrain
- five-speed transmission
- 1200 L
Can we blame them? If you see this bike prowling the streets, then you best get out of its way. The Forty-Eight is the personification of an urban brawler; from the fat, balloon tires to the all-steel peanut tank to the solo seat and all the custom touches in-between, the Forty-Eight is a mighty two-wheeled trampler that owns the concrete road.
In terms of design, Harley-Davidson wanted to build a bike that not only performs like a beast, but looks like one too. The 26" seat height offers a low profile, while the peanut tank and big 16" wheels combine for a menacing look that could only come from Harley-Davidson. Custom touches have also been added, including a chopped front fender mounted on fork brace with lightening holes, a slammed speedometer, under bar mounted mirrors, a low profile custom handlebar, a side-mounted license plate, and a pair of 16" black, laced steel wheels.
For all of its imposing aesthetic characteristics, the heart of the Forty-Eight is still its rubber-mounted 1,200cc Evolution V-Twin powertrain, one that comes with an Electronic Sequential Port Fuel Injection (ESPFI), a chrome, shorty dual exhaust with slash-cut mufflers, and a five-speed transmission.
Any which way you look at the Harley Davidson XL1200X Sportster Forty-Eight, you’ll go back to the same conclusion: it’s the kind of meaty cruiser that you’d love to have in your garage.
Find out more about the Harley-Davidson XL1200X Sportster Forty-Eight after the jump.
NEW Black side covers to match bodywork finish
NEW Michelin Scorcher “31” front and
NEW Paint color options and graphics:
- Blacked out rubber-mounted Evolution 1200 cc V-Twin engine with polished covers
- Muscular bulldog front stance and slammed rear suspension
- Classic 2.1-gallon peanut fuel tank with lightening hole mounting bracket
- 16-inch Black, laced steel wheels
- Chopped front fender mounted on fork brace with lightening holes
- Chopped rear fender
- Tall and fat 130 mm Dunlop MT90 front tire
- Blacked-out components including air cleaner cover, clutch and brake levers and turn signals
- One-piece, Sportster classic solo seat
- 26-inch seat height
- Low profile custom handlebar
- Under-mounted mirrors
- Side-mounted license plate
- Combination stop/turn/tail lights
- Evolution V-Twin powertrain with Electronic Sequential Port Fuel Injection (ESPFI)
- Rubber-mounted powertrain to reduce vibration
- 5-Speed Transmission
- Chrome, shorty dual exhaust with slash-cut mufflers
- Forward foot controls
- Optional Harley-Davidson Smart Security System with hands-free security fob
|Fuel System||Electronic Sequential Port|
Fuel Injection (ESPFI)
|Miles Per Gallon||48 MPG combined City/Hwy|
|Seat Height (laden) (in./mm)||26/660|
|Tire||Michelin Scorcher “31”|
front and rear
|• Front||Scorcher “31”|
|• Rear||Scorcher “31”|
|• Front||Black Laced Steel|
16 in. x 3 in.
(406.4 mm x 76.2 mm)
|• Rear||Black Laced Steel|
16 in. x 3 in.
(406.4 mm x 76.2 mm)
|Fuel Capacity (U.S. gals/liters)||2.1/7.9|
|Weight as Shipped (lbs./kg)||545/247.2|
|Frame||Mild steel, tubular frame; circular|
sections; cast junctions
|Swingarm||Mild steel, rectangular tube section,|
stamped junctions; MIG welded
|Front Forks||39 mm|
|Rear Shocks||Coil-over; preload dual-adjustable|
|Wheels:||Black Steel Laced|
|• Front||16 in. x 3 in. (406 mm x 76 mm)|
|• Rear||16 in. x 3 in. (406 mm x 76 mm)|
|• Caliper Type||Dual-piston front, single-piston rear|
|• Rotor Type||Patented, uniform expansion rotors|
|• Front Wheel||3.62 in. (92 mm)|
|• Rear Wheel||1.63 in. (41 mm)|
|Color:||Vivid Black, Big Blue Pearl, Chrome Yellow, H-D Orange|
Infosport Bike----"Go back to your first full year of production is the Sportster 1200 Custom motorcycle, the bike that introduced the H-Web Builder bicycle factory D1TM customization process. The support of the bicycle generator, customers can customize their bike with custom 1,200-seat, handlebars, pedals, wheels, safety, painting and finishing options the engine of your choice, which are installed right at the factory. Accessories retailer-installed even more can be added and see the bike site builder. "