- 47000 INR
- 4 Stroke OHC, Single cylinder, air cooled
- 4 Stroke
- Horsepower @ RPM:
- 9 @ 7000
- Torque @ RPM:
- 7 @ 4000
- 124 cc
- Top Speed:
- 56 mph
Hero Honda feels so strongly about this bike that they apparently had no problems calling it the Super Splendor. Then again, the motorcycle company is always looking at improving its product line, which explains why they have taken to great lengths to improve the Super Splendor model past its rather optimistic name.
Designed and developed to be better than ever before, the 2012 Super Splendor carries plenty of improvements, highlighted by a new 125cc "Quantum Core" engine that delivers the best fuel efficiency in the Hero MotoCorp family. This powertrain is capable of hitting 9 horsepower at 7,000 RPM and 10.35 Nm at 4,000 RPM with an impressive top speed of 56 miles per hour.
On top of its engine credentials, the Super Splendor also boasts of a Trip-Meter that measures distance during travel, a peephole to check the engine oil level, a large utility box, a broad muffler with its own heat shield, a multi-reflector headlight and tail-light, a translucent visor, and a pass switch & push cancel indicator switch.
The combination of new engine and new technology has allowed the Super Splendor to live up to its name. Not that it should make a whole lot of difference because the bike is already stellar in its own regard.
Find out more about the Hero Honda Super Splendor after the jump.
Hero Honda Super Splendor
"Its not always that you will come across somethng taht redefines your experience of riding bike. Its rare to get a perfect combination of unbeatable mileage and power. Its only when you have the strength of all black alloys and a dash of chrome that commands attention combined with the trust of ever reliable Hero Honda ASFS Engine"
- New generation "Quantum Core" engine delivers best fuel efficiency in Hero MotoCorp family.
- New 125 cc engine; output 9 BHP (6.7 KW).
- Power delivery (0-60 kmph); Best in the 100-125 cc segment.
- Low noise – low vibration engine.
- Reduced spring tension creating less strain while clutching and de-clutching.
- Trip-Meter to measure distance during travel
- Peephole to check engine oil level.
- Provision to change cam chain externally
- Large utility box
- Broad muffler with heat shield
- Multi-Reflector headlight and tail-light; translucent visor.
- Pass switch & push cancel indicator switch.
The new age ASFS engine delivers better ileage and performance. It creates a perfect swirling motion of air and fuel mixture inside the combustion chamber for faster and improved burning. It extracts the best out of each drop of fuel, resulting in better fuel economy and lower emissions. If you want to make every drop of fuel count and do your bit to conserve the environment, go ahead and ride the ASFS technology.
A break-through service package with 3 years/40000 kms warranty period, and 6 free service benefits up to 18 months.
Free Service Schedule
- 1st Free Service:
- 500-750 kms or 60 days from the date of purchase, whichever is earlier.
- 2nd Free Service:
- 2500-2800 kms or 100 days from the date of previous service, whichever is earlier.
- 3rd Free Service:
- 5000-5500 kms or 100 days from the date of previous service, whichever is earlier.
- 4th Free Service:
- 7000-7500 kms or 100 days from the date of previous service, whichever is earlier.
- 5th Free Service:
- 9000-9500 kms or 100 days from the date of previous service, whichever is earlier.
- 6th Free Service:
- 11000-11500 kms or 100 days from the date of previous service, whichever is earlier.
|Engine Type||4 Stroke OHC, Single cylinder, air cooled|
|Max. Power||6.72 KW (9 BHP) @ 7000 rpm|
|Max. Torque||10.35 Nm @ 4000 rpm|
|Max. Speed||90 Kmph|
|Bore x Stroke||52.4 X 57.8 mm|
|Compression Ratio||9.1: 1|
|Ingnition||Advanced micro processor ignition (AMI) system|
|Cluch||Multi plate wet type|
|Suspension Front||Telescopic hydraulic fork|
|Suspension Rear||Swing arm with 5 step adjustable hydraulic shock absorbers|
|Front Brake||Internal expanding type - 130 mm Dia|
|Rear Brake||Drum Internal expanding type - 130 mm Dia|
|Tyre Size Front||2.75 X 18 - 4 PR / 42P|
|Tyre Size Rear||2.75 X 18 - 6 PR / 48P|
|Battery||MF 4 (12V-4AH)|
|Head Light||12V - 35/35W Multi reflector, halogen bulb - AC type|
|Ground Clearance||150 mm|
|Fuel Tank Capacity||13 ltrs. (Min)|
|Kerb Weight||121 Kg|
Automobileindia ---- "The hero honda Super splendor is a 124.7cc bike that promises great fuel efficiency and a smooth riding experience. "
Myindianguide ---- "Lookwise Hero Honda Super Splendor is an upgraded version of Splendor series. However, it is a commuter bike with great looks and style."
Maxabout ---- "Hero Honda India has updated the Super Splendor, the New Super Splendor comes with new graphics and some additional features."
Iloveindia ---- "Hero Honda Super Splendor is among the most popular bikes in the world. A range of useful features make it a favorite of average commuter."