- liquid-cooled single-cylinder four-stroke
- 149 L
The revolutionary CRF150R and big-wheel CRF150RB are the world’s first high-performance four-stroke mini racers. They feature Unicam engines, race-ready suspension and track-designed chassis for ground-breaking performance.
When I saw the CRF150R, my knees went weak! Needless to say, I took it to a track, I’ve ridden it and it is great. Wow! I felt like I was 15 again. The only thing that had to be changed was the footpeg height. The CRF150F air cooled has the pegs 21 inches from the seat top. The CRF150R is only 18 inches. You can make extensions to lower the pegs and it eases up on your thigh muscles and makes it feel more like a full size bike.
If you are faint hearted or your mom (God forbid) wants you to go slower, then it is very easy to stay in a low gear. You can go slow, and just take it easy going through the fields, or you can decide to do some jumps or race with it. Whatever you want to do, you can do it.
The bike turns, jumps, and accelerates better than anything else I’ve ever raced (for it’s size). This bike rips. It handles great but on the track, it has a lot of power so you better be ready to fall when you lose control. The brakes are good and its suspension is good so it’s worthing every penny you spend on it. When you go to clear the table tops, she lands smooth.
The design is exactly the same as the 250 and 450r, which is a nice thing because they are both very good race bikes and I am sure that this will be a very dominate bike compared to the other four strokes on the market.
Overall, I think it is the best bike a kid can get and I would definitely recommend this bike for anyone who wants to get a leg up on the competition or just have a great time.
If you buy one of these your only regret will be not doing it sooner!
- High-Performance Unicam® cylinder head design (see Technology Section)
- Lightweight, compact, internal auto decompression and handlebar-mounted hot-start system provide easy starting, hot or cold.
- Compact, lightweight engine assembly weighs only 43.6 pounds.
- Crankshaft is made of high-strength, low-carbon steel with carburized main journals for maximum durability at sustained high-rpm operation.
- Forged 11.7:1-compression slipper piston and rings are lighter than a conventional design, revving quickly while maintaining excellent cylinder sealing and high-rpm power.
- Double-carburized connecting rod utilizes a big-end needle bearing for maximum high-rpm performance and durability.
- Nikasil cylinder lining is lightweight and provides cooler operation for extended engine life.
- Press-fitted aluminum spark plug pipe fits between the two exhaust rocker arms, further contributing to compact cylinder-head design.
- 32mm Keihin FCR carburetor features four rollers on the flat slide, resulting in very light throttle effort, smooth operation, crisp throttle response and excellent rideability.
- Carburetor features a throttle position sensor (TPS) that helps maintain a linear throttle response throughout the range.
- Twin-sump lubrication system separates the oil supply for the crankshaft, piston and valve train from the clutch and transmission. This ensures a cool supply of oil to the clutch, eliminates potential clutch and transmission material contamination of the engine oil, reduces the amount of circulating oil and permits the use of a smaller oil pump.
- Exhaust system uses a lightweight stainless exhaust header and repackable aluminum muffler.
- Vertically split crankcases feature a built-in oil pump, reducing weight compared to a conventional design.
- Dual radiators feature a refined core area for improved heat dissipation compared to conventional dual-radiator design.
- Gear-driven balancer reduces vibration and drives the water pump. A six-disc clutch provides the surface area necessary to handle the engine’s impressive torque while carefully matched clutch springs provide a light feel at the lever.
- Durable close-ratio five-speed transmission.
- Front and rear suspension settings unique to the CRF®150R deliver ideal bump-absorption characteristics.
- Handlebar bend optimizes rider position and comfort.
- Lightweight, high-tensile steel frame with large-diameter frame tubing and cross-member provides excellent turning performance and straight-line tracking.
- Box-section aluminum swingarm is lightweight and rigid.
- Removable subframe is strong and durable.
- 37mm leading-axle inverted Showa cartridge front fork features friction-reducing design to improve compression and rebound control.
- The fork offers adjustable compression and rebound settings.
- Wide-section aluminum top and bottom triple-clamps position fork tubes far apart for good turning and control.
- Tapered-roller steering-head bearings for durability.
- Pro-Link® Rear Suspension (see Technology Section)
- Strong, lightweight wheels are durable and minimize unsprung weight.
- Lightweight front and rear disc brakes with high-performance pads offer powerful, precise braking.
- Stout 15mm front and 17mm rear axles incorporate a surface-treatment for added strength and durability.
- Large-capacity airbox and reusable two-stage foam air filter.
- Lightweight plastic body components (radiator shroud, sidecovers, rear fender, seat base, fuel tank, front fender and front number plate) offer a slim, aggressive style.
- Seat-cushion foam follows the shape of the fuel tank, providing a smooth transition to increase rider mobility and comfort.
- Non-slip seat cover for increased rider control.
- High-quality Dunlop tires.
- HRC works-type rear-brake system integrates the rear master cylinder and fluid reservoir, eliminating the separate rear master-cylinder reservoir and hose.
- Adjustable front-brake lever and master-cylinder assembly are the same as CR®125R/CR250R components.
- Stainless-steel clutch cable for long life and improved feel and action.
- Works-type handlebar grips add to rider comfort.
Model: CRF150RB-Expert / CRF150R
Engine Type: 149cc liquid-cooled single-cylinder four-stroke
Bore and Stroke: 66mm x 43.7mm
Compression ratio: 11.7:1
Valve Train: Unicam, four-valve; 26mm intake, steel; 22.5mm exhaust, steel
Induction: Keihin 32mm flat slide with throttle position sensor (TPS)
Ignition: Solid-state CD with electronic advance
Transmission: Close-ratio five-speed
Final Drive: #420 chain; 15T/56T(CRF150RB-Expert) / #420 chain; 15T/50T (CRF150R)
- Front: 37mm fully adjustable leading-axle inverted Showa cartridge fork; 10.8 inches travel
- Rear: Pro-Link fully adjustable Showa single shock; 11.5 inches travel (CRF150RB-Expert) / 10.8 inches travel (CRF150R)
- Front: Single 220mm disc
- Rear: Single 190mm disc
- Front: 70/100-19 (CRF150RB-Expert) / 70/100-17 (CRF150R)
- Rear: 90/100-16 (CRF150RB-Expert) / 90/100-14 (CRF150R)
Wheelbase: 50.6 inches (CRF150RB-Expert) / 49.6 inches (CRF150R)
Rake (Caster angle): 27o48’ (CRF150RB-Expert) / 27o02’ (CRF150R)
Trail: 96mm (3.85 inches) (CRF150RB-Expert) / 78mm (3.07 inches) (CRF150R)
Seat Height: 34.1 inches (CRF150RB-Expert) / 32.8 inches (CRF150R)
Ground Clearance: 13.2 inches (CRF150RB-Expert) / 11.9 inches (CRF150R)
Fuel Capacity: 1.14 gallons
Consult owner’s manual for optional racing parts.