- air-cooled parallel twin-cylinder
- 234 L
Comfortable, durable and stylish, the Rebel may be the perfect entry level streetbike for a trip across town or even long-distance adventures.
Great starter bike. I think it is a great bike for a beginner to learn to ride and develop confidence. A great bike for those who haven’t ridden for quite some time and especially for those who want to get the old feel back quickly. It is a fun, cheap and easy to ride cycle... what more could a beginner need? Needless to say, the bike is super. She can flat foot easily with the low seat, the engine has enough power to make novice clutch/throttle mistakes less trouble, and the whole package has Honda quality.
It’s light enough to be easily controlled, fast enough to keep up with the city traffic, the valves are a little loud but the ride comfort and ease of use more than makes up for that little shortcoming. Another thing I would improve on is the seat because it’s a little uncomfortable after a while, but is tolerable.
Great starter bike, awesome gas mileage, far less expense for maintenance than any Harley. It’s a bike to keep even when you’ll eventually get something else.
New for 2008
- New Silver Metallic color joins classic Black.
- Proven twin-cylinder 234cc SOHC four-stroke engine is smooth, quiet, economical and easy to maintain.
- Screw-type valve adjusters simplify maintenance.
- Constant-velocity (CV) carburetor gives excellent throttle response.
- Easy-shifting five-speed transmission.
- Maintenance-free automatic cam-chain tensioner.
- Radically styled twin-muffler exhaust system.
- Maintenance-free, solid-state CD ignition.
- Semi-double-cradle frame allows a long wheelbase and extremely low seat height.
- Hydraulic front fork with dual Syntallic bushings.
- Dual rear shocks feature five-position spring preload adjustment.
- Rectangular-section swingarm.
- Front disc brake with twin-piston caliper.
- Wide 15-inch rear tire.
- Spoke-type wheels with chrome rims.
- O-ring-sealed chain for increased durability.
- Low seat height of only 26.6 inches.
- Pullback handlebar.
- 2.6-gallon teardrop fuel tank.
- Two-piece custom-styled seat.
- Custom-styled, chrome-plated headlight case.
- Stylish, chrome-plated taillight housing.
- Simple, straightforward instrumentation.
- Chrome-plated turn-signal housings.
- Maintenance-free battery.
- Push-to-cancel turn-signal switch.
- Key-operated steering lock for added security.
- Easy-to-use helmet lock.
- Transferable one-year unlimited-mileage warranty; extended coverage available with a Honda Protection Plan.
Engine Type: 234cc air-cooled parallel twin-cylinder
Bore and Stroke: 53mm x 53mm
Compression ratio: 9.2:1
Valve Train: SOHC; two valves per cylinder
Induction: Single 26mm diaphragm-type constant-velocity (CV) carburetor
Final Drive: O-ring- sealed chain
- Front: 33mm fork; 4.6 inches travel
- Rear: Dual shocks with five-position spring preload adjustability; 2.9 inches travel
- Front: Single disc with twin-piston caliper
- Rear: Drum
- Front: 3.00-18
- Rear: 130/90-15
Wheelbase: 57.1 inches
Rake (Caster angle): 30º40’
Trail: 113mm (4.4 inches)
Seat Height: 26.6 inches
Fuel Capacity: 2.6 gallons, including 0.7-gallon reserve
Colors: Silver Metallic, Black
Meets current EPA standards.
California version meets current CARB standards and may differ slightly due to emissions equipment.