- air-cooled OHV longitudinally mounted single-cylinder four-stroke
- 5-speed with Reverse
- 229 L
Beginners and long-time riders alike praise the sporty and fun-to-ride TRX250EX, equipped with Honda’s innovative, easy-to-use SportClutch and aggressive race-inspired styling.
Wow...Honda really did it with this one. This bike is great! Although it’s a sport bike, it does great on the trails. It had enough power for me to have fun. Very comfortable as you can sit all day long. Wheelies very easy as well. Sport clutch is great as it prevents stalling when climbing rough terrain (you don’t have to feather the clutch). It doesn’t have the blazing acceleration of a TRX400 or Z400 or a Predator, but then again it’s only a 250. But it will get up and go fast, just not as fast as a bigger quad. Overall, it’s a great buy for the money as I don’t want to spend thousands more.
This is an extremely nice quad. It’s quite fast and very torquey. It can pull wheelies extremely easy. It has that Honda reliability but there’s a few things that could be made better:
- It is shaft driven and chain drive is more powerful and responsive.
- The suspension is a little bouncy and could be improved with gas reservoirs and more travel.
- It could use a wider stance to be a bit less tippy.
Overall, it is a very nice quad.
2008 Honda TRX250EX
New for 2008
- New White color joins Red.
- Lightweight OHV air-cooled 229cc engine is longitudinally mounted to allow direct driveshaft alignment to rear wheels for more efficient power transfer.
- Two-valve cylinder-head design features performance-optimized valve timing, a 31.5mm-diameter intake valve and a 27mm-diameter exhaust valve to produce a broad, usable powerband.
- 22mm carburetor with light throttle effort offers immediate engine response.
- Hand-operated Honda SportClutch enables the rider to experience manual clutch actuation with the advantage of no stalling when coming to a stop.
- A unique buffer plate in the carburetor float chamber helps maintain consistent fuel flow when riding across varied terrain.
- Solid-state CD ignition with electronic advance and 8750-rpm engine rev limiter.
- Closed crankcase vent system safeguards against engine oil contamination.
- Rubber-mounted engine reduces vibration.
- Automatic cam-chain tensioner requires no maintenance.
- High-efficiency oil cooler supplements the 2-quart capacity wet sump, providing lower operating temperature over a wide range of riding conditions for maximum performance and increased engine life.
- 123-watt capacity alternator ensures abundant electrical power.
- Convenient electric starter.
- Five-speed transmission features sport-riding ratios, Reverse and the no-stall SportClutch.
- 27mm front shocks combined with a 32mm rear shock provide bump absorption and rider comfort.
- Lightweight, double-cradle steel chassis is designed to withstand the demands of recreational riding.
- Independent double-wishbone front suspension provides an exceptional 5.9 inches of travel.
- Steel swingarm and single rear shock absorber provide 5.7 inches.
- Dual hydraulic 174mm front disc brakes and fully sealed rear mechanical drum brake provide superb and consistent braking power.
- 22 x 7-10 front and 22 x 10-9 rear tires feature an aggressive, TRX400EX-derived knobby tread pattern for excellent traction.
- Lightweight aluminum wheels reduce unsprung weight for superb handling.
- Engine design produces low emissions and meets California Air Resources Board (CARB) off-road emissions standards.
- TRX450R-inspired bodywork.
- Ergonomic seat is designed for recreational riding, providing superb comfort and excellent rider maneuverability.
- Ergonomic layout and rider controls provide a comfortable operating position for a wide range of riding styles and rider sizes.
- Snorkel-type air-intake system is specially designed to provide cool, clean air in all riding conditions.
- Single-headlight system features a twin-filament high/low 39-watt/39-watt bulb.
- LED tail- and brakelight.
- Maintenance-free battery.
- Reusable, washable foam air filter.
- Neutral and reverse indicator lights.
- Durable, comfortable, easy-to-use hand and foot controls.
- Keyed ignition switch for added security.
- Easy-to-use parking brake.
- Standard tool kit includes a tire-pressure gauge.
- Assembled in Timmonsville, South Carolina.
- Transferable one-year limited warranty; extended coverage available with a Honda Protection Plan.
- Flag Kit.
Engine Type: 229cc air-cooled OHV longitudinally mounted single-cylinder four-stroke
Bore and Stroke: 68.5mm x 62.2mm
Induction: 22mm piston-valve carburetor
Ignition: CD with electronic advance
Clutch: Honda SportClutch
Transmission: Five-speed with Reverse
Driveline: Direct rear driveshaft
- Front: Independent double-wishbone; 5.9 inches travel
- Rear: Swingarm with single shock; 5.7 inches travel
- Front: Dual hydraulic 174mm discs
- Rear: Sealed mechanical drum
- Front: 22 x 7-10 knobby
- Rear: 22 x 10-9 knobby
Length: 68.5 inches
Width: 41.8 inches
Height: 42.4 inches
Seat Height: 31.4 inches
Ground Clearance: 5.9 inches
Wheelbase: 44.3 inches
Turning Radius: 9.2 feet
Fuel Capacity: 2.5 gallons, including 0.7-gallon reserve
Colors: Red, White
Recommended for riders 16 years of age and older.