- air-cooled SOHC single-cylinder four-stroke
- 5-speed with Reverse
- 282 L
The TRX300EX forms the cosmic convergence between an uncanny balance of power, weight and agility, plus outstanding value, race-inspired styling and handy convenience features.
I only have one word to say about this machine, WOW. This quad runs great!!! It is a great bike. This bike has the best pressure points of any bike I have ever rode. Great acceleration and good handling. The front end is a little light so it gets pushed around. It just takes some time to get used to.
It’s pretty weak stock but if you put some aftermarkets on this bike, you will be popping a wheelie one second and jumping the next. Doing cookies and power slides are the bomb on this quad! I love it! It handles mud very well for a sport quad and I’m sure that will go any where that a 4X4 will go.
This quad rocks. 2008 Honda TRX300EX it’s a sport ATV that embodies the perfect combination of agility, power and a very agreeable price tag. It’s a breeze to ride and always starts up...
New for 2008
- New White color joins Red.
- Dependable 282cc SOHC four-stroke engine produces impressive power over a broad rpm range.
- Gear-driven counterbalancer minimizes engine vibration for smooth running.
- Maintenance-free automatic cam-chain tensioner.
- Reliable, maintenance-free CD ignition with electronic advance.
- Convenient electric starter helps make starting easy.
- Snorkel-type air intake is positioned high in the frame for reduced water/dirt contamination.
- Close-ratio five-speed transmission offers a gear for every situation.
- Simple-to-use Reverse gear allows easy maneuvering in tight spaces.
- Specially designed 32mm carburetor with accelerator pump offers excellent fuel economy and crisp throttle response.
- USDA-qualified muffler/spark arrester offers quiet operation and maximum power.
- Box-section high-tensile steel frame offers strength, rigidity and light weight.
- Long-travel, double-wishbone independent front suspension features five- position spring preload adjustability.
- Heavy-duty, hydraulic, single-shock rear suspension offers five-position spring preload adjustability.
- Strong, lightweight, box-section swingarm utilizes an easy-to-use eccentric chain-adjustment system.
- Durable and lightweight heavy-duty O-ring–sealed drive chain.
- Specially designed knobby tires offer superb grip and long life.
- Triple hydraulic disc brakes.
- Rear-caliper brake-pad-wear indicator.
- Engine design produces low emissions and meets California Air Resources Board (CARB) off-road emissions standards.
- Ergonomically designed riding position offers a high level of comfort.
- Powerful twin 30-watt krypton headlights.
- Lightweight tail- and brakelight.
- Comfortable dogleg levers with cable adjusters and dust cover.
- Washable, two-stage, foam air filter.
- Multi-function, handlebar-mounted switch assembly with simple design.
- Easy-to-use parking brake.
- Keyed ignition switch offers added security.
- Handlebar switches, controls and warning labels use easy-to-understand graphic symbols.
- Maintenance-free battery.
- Tough steel front skidplate.
- Rear mudguard with rigid footrests.
- Transferable one-year limited warranty; extended coverage available with a Honda Protection Plan.
- Flag Kit.
Engine Type: 282cc air-cooled SOHC single-cylinder four-stroke
Bore and Stroke: 74mm x 65.5mm
Induction: 32mm piston-valve with accelerator pump carburetor
Ignition: CD with electronic advance
Transmission: Five-speed with Reverse
Driveline: O-ring-sealed chain
- Front: Independent double-wishbone with dual hydraulic shocks; five-position spring preload adjustability; 7.1 inches travel
- Rear: Swingarm with single shock; five-position spring preload adjustability; 7.9 inches travel
- Front: Dual hydraulic disc
- Rear: Single hydraulic disc
- Front: 22 x 7-10 knobby
- Rear: 22 x 10-9 knobby
Length: 67.7 inches
Width: 43.5 inches
Height: 41.8 inches
Seat Height: 30.5 inches
Ground Clearance: 4.6 inches
Wheelbase: 45 inches
Turning Radius: 10.2 feet
Fuel Capacity: 2.2 gallons, including 0.5-gallon reserve
Colors: Red, White
For highly experienced riders 16 years of age and older.