- air-cooled SOHC single-cylinder four-stroke
- 86 L
Beginners couldn’t ask for a better introduction to the sport of ATV riding than the TRX90EX with its electric starting, proven SOHC engine, refined suspension and TRX450R-inspired styling.
This little thing is unreal. It is so fun to ride, it’s very reliable and starts every time on the first press of the button. This thing managed to go over the rock ledges and through the foot deep mud puddles and up the hills that had the other people shaking their heads in disbelieve. All this and not a single problem in a total of 100 miles in 2 days of testing! If you are looking for a real atv in a scaled down size, spend the extra dough and go trail riding. If your little riding buddy is up for it then the little Honda is ready also. You will be amazed!!! Enjoy.
Runs great, easy to handle, and is very forgiving. Overall, I was very pleased with this bike and enjoy trail riding it!
I would recommend this ATV to anyone with a new/young rider.
New for 2008
- New White color joins Red.
- Honda’s 86cc SOHC four-stroke engine offers smooth power delivery and legendary reliability.
- Convenient electric starter for ease of starting in all conditions.
- Maintenance-free CD ignition system never needs attention.
- 15mm carburetor offers excellent fuel mileage and crisp throttle response.
- Quiet, efficient exhaust system with USDA-qualified spark arrester/muffler.
- Honda’s durable automatic clutch makes takeoffs and shifting a breeze.
- Versatile four-speed transmission.
- Closed crankcase vent system safeguards against engine-oil contamination.
- Strong and durable steel frame.
- Independent front suspension features a pair of rugged shock absorbers.
- Single-shock rear suspension offers a comfortable ride.
- Durable front and rear sealed drum brakes.
- Long-lasting 8-inch front and rear tires.
- Well-padded seat offers a high level of rider comfort.
- TRX450R-inspired bodywork.
- Uniquely designed center mud guards allow the rider’s feet to grip the footrests while keeping mud and debris away from the rider’s feet.
- Engine design produces low emissions and meets California Air Resources Board (CARB) off-road emissions standards.
- Maintenance-free battery.
- Reusable, washable foam air filter.
- Keyed ignition switch for added security.
- Neutral indicator light.
- Adjustable throttle limiter.
- Front and rear steel grab handles and a low dry weight make loading simple.
- Handlebar designed for increased rider comfort.
- Comfortable handlebar grips and levers.
- Front brake lever positioned closer to grip to fit a wide variety of riders.
- Durable O-ring-sealed chain drive system.
- Comfortably low 26.0-inch seat height.
- Standard parking brake.
- Transferable one-year limited warranty; extended coverage available with a Honda Protection Plan.
- Flag Kit.
Engine Type: 86cc air-cooled SOHC single-cylinder four-stroke
Bore and Stroke: 47mm x 49.5mm
Induction: 15mm piston-valve carburetor
Driveline: O-ring-sealed chain
- Front: Independent suspension; 2.6 inches travel
- Rear: Swingarm with single shock; 2.6 inches travel
- Front: Dual sealed drum
- Rear: Sealed drum
- Front: 20 x 7-8
- Rear: 19 x 8-8
Length: 58.6 inches
Width: 35.2 inches
Height: 36.5 inches
Seat Height: 26.0 inches
Ground Clearance: 3.9 inches
Wheelbase: 38.7 inches
Turning Radius: 8.3 feet
Fuel Capacity: 1.7 gallons including 0.3-gallon reserve
Colors: Red, White
Recommended for riders 12 years of age and older.