- liquid-cooled 52° V-twin
- Horsepower @ RPM:
- 74 hp @ 5,000 rpm
- Torque @ RPM:
- 123 Nm @ 3,000 rpm
- PGM-FI with automatic enricher circuit, one 38mm throttle body
- 1312 L
- Top Speed:
- 115 mph
The 2010 Honda Interstate is Big Red’s latest touring motorcycle, which is part of the five additional new models among the Sabre and Stateline , just to mention the ones in the same family. So we’re talking about a whole new line here that Honda likes to call the 1300 Custom line and which is based on a big V-twin engine with Honda’s Programmed Fuel Injection, but you’ll find that the Interstate is the only one to feature stylish leather-wrapped hard bags, traditional windscreen and floorboards. These features turn it into a real long haul companion, so hit the jump and find out more if that’s what you’re looking for.
American Honda Motor Company’s Powersports Division announced today its fourth release of 2010 models. The release of these five on-road machines follows the earlier announcements of Honda’s 2010 powersports lineup.
"These five street bikes add even more excitement to our lineup for 2010," said Powersports Press Manager Bill Savino. "Four of these bikes are new V-twins that dramatically expand our line of cruisers. The Sabre, Stateline, Interstate and Shadow RS V-twins unveil new styling and functional variations for Honda buyers, and we’re excited about the new opportunities these machines present. The ST1300 continues to extend its reputation for long-haul performance with a sporting flair and it remains a popular choice among riders who live for the open road. This 2010 model year is shaping up very well, with lots of exciting options for Honda fans."
More detailed information and images of Honda’s model line can be found on www.powersports.honda.com or see your local Honda powersports dealer.
Sometimes you just want to wear your aggression on your sleeve, and that’s why the new Sabre is ready to do your talking for you. The Sabre’s muscular pro-street style provides a classic ride, with ergonomics to match. Add an impressive 1300cc V-twin engine complete with Honda’s sophisticated Programmed Fuel Injection, and you’ll be rolling down the meanest streets with a bike that’s as tough as it looks: the 2010 Sabre. Also available with Anti Lock Braking, the Sabre comes in Black and Candy Red. In dealerships-March; ABS model April. MSRP: $11,799.00; ABS model $12,799.00.
Featuring long, low lines that embody what cruising is all about, the Stateline blends two worlds of motorcycling style: traditional looks plus progressive elements. The deeply valanced fenders arc downward in classic retro style, yet the all-new rolling chassis and overall lines bring a fresh look to the class. Add to that the deep throaty rumble of a big V-twin engine with Honda’s Programmed Fuel Injection and that classic big V power pulse, and you have a machine that’s the perfect choice for cruising-any time you want. The Stateline is available with or without ABS in Black and Candy Dark Red. In dealerships-February; ABS model March. MSRP: $11,699.00; ABS model $12,699.00
When you’re aboard one of the coolest rides around, sometimes you just don’t want the ride to end. So for those who enjoy their long rides in high style, Honda introduces the new Interstate. Along with
74-hp fuel injected V-twin engine
good looks and a big V-twin engine with Honda’s Programmed Fuel Injection, the stylish hard leather bags offer ample room for a long getaway, with a traditional windscreen and floorboards delivering all-day riding comfort for those extra-long hauls. Available in Black and Pearl Blue. In dealerships-February. MSRP: $12,749.00
Here’s rolling proof that classic ideas never go out of style: the 2010 Honda Shadow® RS. This agile and responsive V-twin roadster has clean, crisp lines and a standard riding ergonomics. The Shadow RS’s higher pegs enhanced ground clearance, and its thoroughly modern liquid-cooled 745cc V-twin engine with Honda’s sophisticated Programmed Fuel Injection adds to the riding pleasure. Savor the open road aboard the Honda Shadow RS. Available in Metallic Gray and Pearl White. In dealerships-March. MSRP: $7,799.00
Long distance adventure is best experienced aboard a machine that’s keenly in tune with your riding senses. For years, the Honda ST1300 has answered the call of the open road by setting the standard for power and handling in a package that’s the perfect fit for crisscrossing the USA, or just enjoying a long weekend on the road. Equipped with a powerful 1261cc V-4 engine and Honda’s sophisticated Programmed Fuel Injection, plus full-coverage bodywork, three-way adjustable rider’s seat, motor-driven adjustable windscreen, dual saddlebags and more, the ST1300 remains the choice of dedicated long-haul riders. The ST is available with and without ABS in Black. In dealerships-March. MSRP: TBD
- Model: VT1300CT
Engine and Transmission
- Engine Type: 1312cc liquid-cooled 52° V-twin
- Bore and Stroke: 89.5mm x 104.3mm
- Compression ratio: 9.2:1
- Valve Train: SOHC; three valves per cylinder
- Induction: PGM-FI with automatic enricher circuit, one 38mm throttle body
- Ignition: Digital with three-dimensional mapping, two spark plugs per cylinder
- Transmission: Five-speed
- Final Drive: Shaft
Chassis and Dimensions
- Suspension Front: 45mm fork; 4.0 inches travel
- Rear: Single shock with; 3.9 inches travel
- Brakes Front: Single 336mm disc with twin-piston caliper
- Rear: 296mm disc with single-piston caliper
- Tires Front: 140/80-17
- Rear: 170/80-15
- Wheelbase: 70.1 inches
- Rake (Caster angle): 33°
- Trail: 118mm (4.6 inches)
- Seat Height: 26.7 inches
- Fuel Capacity: 4.4 gallons
- Curb Weight: 679 pounds
- Colors: Black, Pearl Blue
Features & Benefits
- Stylish custom windscreen for rider and passenger touring comfort.
- Exclusive new leather-wrapped hard saddlebags are seamlessly integrated into the stylish progressive design. Unique new hidden latch system accentuates the uncluttered look.
- Floorboards enhance the retro look while providing all-day touring comfort.
- New progressive/retro styling with a raked-out front end and stylized curved frame downtube creates a unique custom look.
- New wide retro-styled pullback handlebar offers all-day comfort.
- Fuel tank capacity of 4.4 gallons gives plenty of riding range.
- 1312cc liquid-cooled 52-degree V-twin with Programmed Fuel Injection (PGM-FI) delivers strong low-end and mid-range torque, with ample power for passing and relaxed cruising. Unique dual exhaust offers throaty exhaust note.
Honda Genuine Accessories
- Boulevard Screen (tinted), Backrest and Pad (low/tall-narrow), Backrest and Rear Carrier Mounting Brackets, Leather Saddlebag (24L-plain/studded), Synthetic Saddlebag (18L-plain/studded), Saddlebag Bracket, Tank Belt (plain/studded), Rear Carrier, Custom Grips, Passenger Floorboard, Oil Dipstick, Engine Guard, Custom Footpeg, Lower Cowl Spoiler, Chrome Sidecover, Driving Light (PIAA Type), Throttle Cable (braided), Clutch Cable (braided), Front Brake Hose (braided), Rear Brake Hose (braided), Audio Attachment Kit.