The legendary Honda CBR1000RR Fireblade celebrated its 20th anniversary in 2012 and to mark this event, Honda launched a special Anniversary edition.
The motorcycle features the same performances specifications as the standard model but it comes with a few special design features that make it unique.
For 2012, the bike received a set of new lightweight wheels and revised front and rear suspensions which translate into a significantly improved handling. You also get a better traction and improved braking performance.
Power comes from a 998 cc Liquid-cooled 4-stroke 16-valve DOHC inline-4 unit that puts out a maximum output of 31kW at 12,000 rpm and 112Nm of torque at 8,500 rpm. All this power is kept in leash by a six speed transmission with wet, multiplate clutch with diaphragm spring.
The Honda CBR1000RR Fireblade 20th Anniversary is offered with a starting price of £12,000.
Hit the jump for more information on the Honda CBR1000RR Fireblade 20th Anniversary.
Under the overall development concept of "natural evolution of Super Sports", the 2012 CBR1000RR development team have concentrated their efforts on the chassis to enhance riding enjoyment even further. In particular, new wheels and new front and rear suspension systems have been introduced for even better handling, traction and braking performance. The advanced Balance Free Rear Cushion rear suspension is a world-first for a production motorcycle.
The team has also created a new, even more aggressive styling to better communicate the dynamism and sheer speed of the new CBR1000RR. In addition, the already comprehensive instrument panel has additional functionality making the bike more user-friendly, helping riders get the most from Honda’s most exciting and advanced Super Sport machine yet: the 20th anniversary CBR1000RR Fireblade.
- EURO-3. Complies with EURO-3 emissions regulations.
- Pro-Link Rear Suspension. Monoshock rear suspension utilises a triangular linkage system to progressively increase damping force through range of rear swingarm movement.
- Honda Electronic Steering Damper - Minimises sudden steering changes at high speeds for enhanced riding ease and comfort.
- Honda Ignition Security System. Only allows the bike to be started by its original encoded keys to effectively protect against theft.
- Combined Antilock Brake System.Optimises the balance of front and rear braking control while counteracting tyre slip when braking over variable road conditions.
- Programmed Fuel Injection. Map-type computerised system maintains strong power and responsive performance in all conditions.
- Honda Evolutional Catalysing System. Oxygen-sensing system maintains an optimal air fuel mixture for the most effective catalytic reduction of exhaust emissions.
|Max. Torque||112Nm/8,500min-1 (F-type: 86Nm/7,000min-1)|
|Ignition Timing||3.2° BTDC (idle) 45° BTDC (7,500min-1)|
|Engine Type||Liquid-cooled 4-stroke 16-valve DOHC inline-4|
|Fuel Consumption||10.5m/l (47.7mpg) WMTC Mode|
|Fuel Tank Capacity||17.7litres|
|Compression Ratio||12.3: 1|
|Carburation||PGM-DSFI electronic fuel injection|
|Ignition System||Computer-controlled digital transistorised with electronic advance|
|Bore x Stroke||76 x 55.1mm|
|Max. Power Output||131kW/12,000min-1 (F-type: 78kW/11,000min-1)|
|Primary Reduction||1.717 (79/46)|
|Final Reduction||2.625 (42/16)|
|Clutch||Wet, multiplate with diaphragm spring|
|Final Drive||#530 O-ring sealed chain|
|Clutch Operation||Mechanical; cable-actuated|
|Caster Angle||23° 18’|
|Frame type||Diamond; aluminium composite twin-spar|
|Dimensions (L×W×H)||2,077 x 685 x 1,135mm|
|Tyre Size Rear||190/50 -ZR17M/C (W)|
|Brakes Rear||220 x 5mm hydraulic disc with single-piston caliper and sintered metal pads|
|Brakes Front||320 x 4.5mm dual hydraulic disc with 4-piston calipers and sintered metal pads|
|Wheels Front||12-spoke cast aluminium 17M/C x MT3.5|
|Suspension Rear||Unit Pro-Link with gas-charged HMAS damper featuring 10-step preload and stepless compression and rebound damping adjustment, 138.2mm stroke. Rear Balance Free Rear Cushion with preload, compression and rebound adjustment, 62mm stroke|
|Tyre Size Front||120/70 -ZR17M/C (W)|
|Wheels Rear||12-spoke cast aluminium 17M/C x MT6|
|Suspension Front||Telescopic inverted fork with an inner tube diameter of 43 mm, and a Big Piston Front Fork with preload, compression and rebound adjustment, 120mm stroke|