- twin-cylinder SOHC four-stroke engine
- five-speed transmission
- 234 L
Classic cruising has never been a problem for the Honda Rebel . When you boast of a retro design that’s complimented by a fuel efficient commuter engine, then you can ride around town with the kind of confidence befitting the name of your bike.
The Rebel is not all about power, although it offers plenty of that in its own regard. The bike also features a design that a lot of riders can be proud of. The low-lying stance greatly accentuates the classic styling cues, including the prevalent use of chrome on the make-up of the bike. The low seat height of the Rebel is both comfortable and confidence inspiring, exuding a no-frills, all-business look that’s just right for the taste of a wide range of consumers.
Then there’s the engine. For the 2012 Rebel, Honda fitted the bike with a proven 234cc twin-cylinder SOHC four-stroke engine that’s smooth, quiet, and relatively easy to maintain. The engine is also mated to a five-speed transmission while an electric starter allows you be on your way at just a push of a button. Plus, you get the kind of reliability and low maintenance Honda is known for – all at a shockingly low price.
There is also a semi-double-cradle frame with a hydraulic front fork with dual Syntallic bushings and dual rear shocks that feature five-position spring preload adjustment, bringing together a bike that has taken the long and rich history of the Rebel name to a whole new level.
You don’t expect anything less from Honda.
Find out more about the 2012 Honda Rebel after the jump.
- 234cc twin-cylinder SOHC four-stroke engine
- Convenient and reliable electric starter.
- Screw-type valve adjusters simplify maintenance.
- Constant-velocity carburetor gives excellent throttle response.
- Easy-shifting five-speed transmission.
- Automatic cam-chain tensioner.
- Radically styled twin-muffler exhaust system.
- Semi-double-cradle frame allows a long wheelbase and extremely low seat height.
- Hydraulic front fork with dual Syntallic bushings.
- Dual rear shocks feature five-position spring preload adjustment.
- Rectangular-section swingarm.
- Front disc brake with twin-piston caliper.
- Wide 130/90-15 rear tire.
- Spoke wheels with chrome rims.
- O-ring-sealed chain for increased durability.
- Pullback handlebar.
- 9.8-litre teardrop fuel tank.
- Two-piece custom-styled seat.
|Engine Type||234cc air-cooled parallel twin-cylinder|
|Bore and Stroke||53mm x 53mm|
|Valve Train||SOHC; two valves per cylinder|
|Induction||Single 26mm diaphragm-type CV carburetor|
|Final Drive||O-ring- sealed chain|
|Suspension||Front: 33mm fork; 4.6 inches travel|
Rear: Dual shocks with five-position spring preload adjustability; 2.9 inches travel
|Brakes||Front: Single disc with twin-piston caliper|
|Rake (Caster angle)||30o40’|
|Trail||113mm (4.4 inches)|
|Seat Height||26.6 inches|
|Fuel Capacity||2.6 gallons, including 0.7-gallon reserve|
|Estimated Fuel Economy||84 mpg|
|Colors||Matte Silver, Candy Red|
|Curb Weight*||331 pounds|
*Includes all standard equipment, required fluids and full tank of fuel - ready to ride.
Honda’s fuel-economy estimates are based on EPA exhaust emission measurement test procedures and are intended for comparison purposes only. Your actual mileage will vary depending on how you ride; how you maintain your vehicle; weather; road conditions; tire pressure; installation of accessories; cargo, rider and passenger weight; and other factors.