- DOHC 90-degree V-4 longitudinal engine
- cassette-type five-speed transmission
- 1261 L
There are a few things in this world that make traffic violators squeamish more than the sight of a patrol officer in their rear view mirrors. Combining an imposing profile that draws attention to itself with police-ready performance and handling capabilities, the Honda ST1300P ABS will hold nothing in reserve as far as capturing bad guys are concerned.
The bike comes with a motor-driven adjustable windscreen that offers 7.4" and 13 degrees of adjustability for greater wind protection and touring comfort. It also has a new special patrol speedometer, an adjustable three-position dual-density solo seat, handlebars raised 25mm and width increased 13.5mm, specialized brackets for lights, sirens, antenna mount and radio/electronic equipment, rear component cover for electronics weather protection, left and right lower engine guards, right-handlebar-mounted multi-function switch controls, an on/off headlight switch, and 8mm side fairing air-deflector set.
As far as its performance and handling capabilities are concerned, the ST1300P ABS holds nothing back with its 1,261cc DOHC 90-degree V-4 longitudinal engine mounting that improves power flow and drivetrain efficiency. The engine is then mated to a cassette-type five-speed transmission with gear ratios that allow for quicker acceleration and excellent roll-on performance. In addition to the powerful engine, the ST1300P ABS also comes with a rigid aluminum upper triple-clamp and a 45mm Honda Multi-Action System (HMAS) cartridge front fork that provide excellent suspension control in a wide range of riding conditions.
Similarly, the bike’s rear suspension features a single shock that has been incorporated and mounted directly onto the swingarm, offering 1.2" of spring preload adjustability. Large 310mm stainless-steel floating front brake discs and a 316mm rear disc brake offers ultimate stopping power while the bike’s ABS system combines with Combined Braking System (CBS) for a wide range of braking and steering control. The ABS features an electric-motor-driven modulator that gives quick, precise braking-pressure adjustments and smooth ABS operation, a critical system that allows patrol officers to have full control of their bikes at all conditions.
Find out the full specs behind the Honsa ST1300P ABS after the jump.
- Compact, powerful 1261cc DOHC 90-degree V-4 engine with an oversquare bore and stroke of 78mm x 66mm and longitudinal engine mounting improves power flow and drivetrain efficiency.
- The ST1300P’s low overall center of gravity contributes to improved low-speed handling. The 360-degree crank contributes to a very broad powerband. Two engine counterbalancers virtually eliminate primary and secondary vibration. Both gear-driven counterbalancer shafts are installed in the lower crankcase to the left side of the crankshaft. The first shaft is driven directly by the crankshaft at a 2:1 ratio. The second shaft is positioned below the first and is driven in the opposite direction by the first balancer shaft’s drive gear. The combination of these two balancers ensures a supremely comfortable ride.
- Aluminum-composite cylinder sleeves are high-pressure-formed from sintered aluminum powder impregnated with ceramic and graphite. The composite sleeves provide better wear resistance and superior heat dissipation compared with conventional sleeves.
- Large 31mm intake valves and 27mm exhaust valves feed a combustion chamber with a 10.8:1 compression ratio.
- Direct shim-under-bucket valve actuation system ensures high-rpm durability and allows 16,000-mile valve-maintenance intervals.
- Four 36mm throttle bodies.
- High-pressure Programmed Fuel Injection (PGM-FI) delivers fuel at 50 psi into each injector (see Technology Section).
- Fuel is delivered through eight holes in each injector, producing a very fine spray and a highly combustible air/fuel charge for maximum combustion efficiency and power.
- PGM-FI combines a sophisticated throttle sensor, advanced 3-D digital fuel-injection and ignition mapping and precisely metered fuel delivery to produce smooth and linear throttle response.
- ECU-controlled closed-loop emissions control system utilizes two oxygen sensors to constantly deliver a precise air/fuel mixture, while two exhaust catalyzers further reduce emissions of carbon monoxide, hydrocarbons and oxides of nitrogen.
- Auto-enriching system is integrated into PGM-FI module, optimizing the air/fuel mixture on cold starts and eliminating the need for a manual choke.
- 4-into-2 stainless-steel exhaust system features a pair of attractive, triangular-section 5.4-liter mufflers with stainless-steel heat shields.
- Dampers on the transmission mainshaft, clutch and driveshaft reduce noise, vibration and driveline lash.
- High-output 660-watt air-cooled alternator is relocated between the cylinder banks, contributing to a shorter and more compact engine design.
- U-shaped aluminum radiator has excellent cooling capacity; a ring-type fan draws air through the radiator at low speeds to ensure stable operating temperatures for consistent performance and long engine life.
- Sturdy eight-plate hydraulic clutch.
- Cassette-type five-speed transmission features gear ratios that allow for quicker acceleration and excellent roll-on performance.
- Quiet and reliable shaft-drive system is virtually maintenance-free.
- Rigid aluminum upper triple-clamp and a 45mm Honda Multi-Action System (HMAS) cartridge front fork provide excellent suspension control in a wide range of riding conditions.
- The rear suspension incorporates a single shock, which mounts directly onto the swingarm. The shock offers 1.2 inches of spring preload adjustability.
- Large 310mm stainless-steel floating front brake discs and 316mm rear disc for ultimate stopping power.
- Wheels are three-spoke, U-section cast aluminum. The 5.0-inch-wide rear wheel sports a large, low-profile 170/60ZR-17 radial tire. The 3.5-inch-wide front wheel carries a 120/70ZR-18 radial tire.
- Full-coverage bodywork offers superb wind and weather protection, low noise and superior high-speed aerodynamics.
- Integrated lockable and detachable saddlebags hold 35 liters each. The saddlebags contain straps to limit bag opening to 90 degrees to better secure the contents. The straps are easily unbuckled when the bags are dismounted, permitting full access.
- Rugged, plastic-covered body-protector stays extend outward to protect the bodywork in case of a tip-over.
- Dual-section fuel tank places 5.5 gallons of fuel in the conventional tank location with an additional 2.2 gallons located in a sub-tank located low in the chassis. This results in an increase in fuel capacity and creates an even weight distribution for fuel.
- Electric fuel pump operates inside the sub-tank, providing consistent fuel pressure for the PGM-FI system.
- Headlight features dual lenses with twin-filament H4 low/high-beam bulbs and multi-reflectors.
- A convenient push button located on the left side of the fairing electrically adjusts the headlight angle over a 2.5-degree range.
- A locking left-side fairing pocket offers the carrying capacity of an automobile console; a weather-resistant vinyl flap covers the right-side pocket.
- Breakaway rearview mirrors minimize damage in the event of a tip-over.
- Convenient centerstand assist-lever folds neatly away when not in use.
- Integrated front and rear turn signals.
- Integrated ignition switch/fork lock. A single ignition key operates all locks.
- Non-transferable three-year, unlimited-mileage limited warranty.
|Engine Type||1261cc liquid-cooled longitudinally mounted 90o V-4|
|Bore and Stroke||578mm x 66mm|
|Valve Train||DOHC; four valves per cylinder|
|Carburetion||PGM-FI with automatic enricher circuit|
|Ignition||Computer-controlled digital with 3-D mapping and electronic advance|
|Suspension Front||45mm HMAS cartridge fork; 4.6 inches travel|
|Suspension Rear||HMAS gas-charged single shock with five-position spring preload adjustability; 4.8 inches travel|
|Brakes Front||Dual full-floating 310mm discs with CBS three-piston calipers with ABS|
|Brakes Rear||Single 316mm disc with CBS three-piston caliper with ABS|
|Rake (Caster Angle)||26.0o|
|Trail||98mm (3.9 inches)|
|Seat Height||31.1 inches (+/- 0.6 inches)|
|Fuel Capacity||7.7 gallons|
|Curb Weight||743 pounds|