From the instant you jump on its back, the Honda CB1000RA hits you with a massive dose of adrenaline. Its aggressive character, the agile handling and the strong engine makes it feel like an unchained beast that is ready to bite every mile of asphalt that lies under its big 17 inch wheels.
The motorcycle is built around a roaring 998 cc, fuel-injected, liquid cooled, inline four engine that is paired with a six speed transmission.
The engine is mounted on an advanced gravity-die-cast aluminum mono-backbone frame which links the front adjustable 43 mm inverted front fork with the rear cast-aluminum Pro-Arm swingarm which features a single adjustable HMAS (Honda Multi-Action System).
The Honda CB1000RA is available at a starting price of $12,999 with 12 months, unlimited mileage, freely transferable warranty.
Hit the jump for more information on the Honda CB1000RA.
Part high-performance sportbike, part mean and lean boulevard warrior. The Honda CB1000RA just might be the most fun you can have on two wheels. The excitement begins when you twist the throttle, and the CBR-derived 998 cc fuel-injected engine roars to life. An extra measure of low-to-midrange torque gets you going promptly, and the fun continues as the revs rise and the engine really shows its stuff. Although the aluminum mono-backbone frame is visually hardly even there, it’s plenty capable of harnessing all that horsepower, and the frame connects the aluminum Pro-Arm swingarm and fully adjustable 43 mm inverted fork to create a chassis that’s stable when you need it to be, and nimble and responsive when you want to take it up a notch. And with Honda’s Combined Braking System with ABS, you can ride with confidence even when the road surface is less than ideal. Naked aggression in a user-friendly, fun-to-ride package: that’s the outrageous Honda CB1000RA.
Engine and Drivetrain
- Compact and lightweight 998cc liquid-cooled inline-four engine with Honda’s PGM-FI electronic fuel injection is tuned for dynamic low-to-midrange performance, with a smoothly linear climb up through the powerband to a thrilling top-end rush.
- The engine’s enhanced low-end torque allows you to pull away from a stop at less than 2,000 rpm without fear of engine stalling.
- An impressive power-to-weight ratio gives the CB1000RA Superbike-like performance in a user-friendly package.
- Magnesium cylinder-head and alternator covers reduce engine weight.
- The PGM-FI system incorporates an Idle Air Control Valve (IACV) to smooth responses to small changes in throttle position.
- A hydraulically operated clutch ensures smooth clutch operation with an easy pull at the lever.
- Low-slung stainless-steel exhaust system produces an exhilarating sound, while also being a key element in the CB1000RA’s optimized mass centralization. By concentrating most of its mass directly under the engine, the system promotes quicker steering response and enhanced cornering clearance.
Chassis and Suspension
- Angular “mass forward” design positions the rider forward for a sporty yet comfortable ride.
- Advanced gravity-die-cast aluminum mono-backbone frame contributes to the CB1000RA’s agile, sporty handling and highway stability.
- Wide 17-inch wheels feature an eye-catching swept four-spoke design and carry supersport-class radial tires.
- The adjustable 43 mm inverted front fork and cast-aluminum Pro-Arm swingarm with single adjustable HMAS (Honda Multi-Action System) allow you to set the ride just the way you like it.
- Lightweight 310 mm floating front rotors with triple-piston calipers combine with a 256 mm dual-piston caliper rear brake to create a powerful stopping force.
- Combined Braking System with ABS (Anti-lock Braking System) gives you extra peace of mind in all braking situations.
- The CB1000RA looks and feels more like a midsize sportbike, thanks to its compact dimensions and easy reach to both the ground and its controls. Its ergonomics locate the rider closer to the steering head for a riding position that shifts the balance of weight slightly forward onto the front tire, achieving a greater feeling of crisply responsive control.
- Thick aluminum handlebar adds to the CB1000RA’s aggressive naked-bike look.
- Unique front light array features a triangular multi-reflector headlight integrated into a compact cowl, and a seven-bulb LED position light.
- Fully digital instrument panel provides three large LCD readouts. The tachometer features an instant multi-segment readout of engine speed, displayed in a wide, sweeping bar that extends across the top of the display.
- The short, slim seat and sleek, upswept tail cowl take their design cues from the CBR1000RRA and Honda’s RC212V MotoGP race bike. The seat is roomy and tapers towards the front, integrating smoothly with the side covers for a compact profile and a comfortable riding position.
- The tail cowl is supported by a strong and rigid cast aluminum rail. It provides ample room for a passenger and integrates a distinctive LED taillight.
|Engine Type||Liquid-cooled inline-four|
|Bore & Stroke||75 mm x 56.5 mm|
|Valve train||Chain-driven DOHC, 4 valves per cylinder|
|Fuel delivery||PGM-FI electronic fuel injection|
|Final Drive||#530 O-ring-sealed chain|
|Front suspension||43 mm inverted HMAS cartridge fork with full adjustability; 120 mm (4.7 in.) travel|
|Rear suspension||Pro-Arm single-sided swingarm with HMAS single shock with preload and rebound damping adjustment; 128 mm (5 in.) travel|
|Tires||120/70ZR - 17 radial front; 180/55ZR-17 radial rear|
|Brakes||Front dual 310 mm discs with triple-piston calipers; rear single 256 mm disc with dual-piston caliper. Combined Braking System with ABS|
|Seat Height||825 mm (32.5 in.)|
|Wheelbase||1,445 mm (56.9 in.)|
|Curb weight||222 kg (489 lb) including required fluids and full tank of gas - ready to ride|
|Fuel capacity||17 litres|
|Colour||Pearl Cool White|
|Warranty||12 months, unlimited mileage, freely transferable warranty; extended coverage available with Honda Plus|