Honda presented its new 2013 Honda CB500F naked bike at the EICMA Motor Show. The CB500 is one of the three new bikes which will be using Honda’s new 500 cc engine. Compared with the other two models, the CB500F is slightly cheaper being priced at $5499 for the base model and $5999 for the ABS version.
Despite its cheap price, the Honda CB500F is able to make a compelling case for itself, as it comes with a sharp design, is fuel efficient and is also packed with a series of modern technologies especially developed to improve its the ride and handling abilities.
The bike weighs 420 pounds, is built on a diamond shaped 35 mm steel tube frame and is fitted with 17 inch aluminum wheels. The stopping power is assured by 320mm front and 240 mm rear wave-style disc brakes.
Hit the jump for more information on the 2013 Honda CB500F.
There ’s an aura of independence and nonconformity that riders gain when they sling a leg over a modern naked bike—and that ’s especially true when that naked bike is the all-new Honda CB500F. This modern and sporty 500cc naked bike not only carries a full load of attitude and style, it also delivers a gratifying level of performance and versatility. Whether you ’re riding on your daily commute, headed for a weekend backroad blast or just hanging out with your riding buddies, the CB500F serves as a great option for just about any kind of street ride. Its slim profile and comfortable, neutral riding position let riders feel right at home in the saddle, and a sophisticated Honda Pro-Link® rear suspension and big 41mm fork add to the comfortable ride and agile handling. For a unique ride that ’s stylish, fun and affordable, it ’s tough to top the new CB500F.
Features and Benefits
- Neutral naked-bike seating position makes for easy maneuvering and keeps the rider comfortable on short rides or longer trips.
- All-new 500cc liquid-cooled parallel-twin DOHC engine is thoroughly modern in design and produces a broad power spread for enjoyable and economical riding.
- Four-valve cylinder head design uses lightweight rocker-arm valve actuation with shim-type valve adjustment.
- Programmed Fuel Injection (PGM-FI) continuously monitors several variables to ensure the correct fuel mixture is delivered for the existing riding and atmospheric conditions for crisp throttle response throughout a wide variety of riding conditions.
- Engine counterbalancer and 180-degree crankpin reduce engine vibration for superior rider comfort.
- Preloaded, scissors-type gears for the primary drive and engine counterbalancer gears help reduce engine noise.
- Diamond-shaped 35mm steel tube frame is lightweight and rigid for responsive sport handling.
- Stout 41mm front fork with 4.3 inches of travel returns a plush yet controlled ride.
- Sophisticated Pro-Link single-shock rear suspension offers nine-stage spring preload adjustability and 4.7 inches of controlled travel.
- Lightweight cast aluminum wheels, 120/70-17 in front and 160/60-17 rear, return sporting feel and handling traits.
- Front 320mm wave-style disc brake and 240mm rear provides strong stopping power.
- ABS version available for enhanced braking characteristics in less than ideal conditions.
- Blue-tinted instrument display features speedometer, tachometer, odometer/A&B tripmeters, fuel gauge, clock, mpg, average fuel consumption, and current fuel consumption.
- Modest 30.9-inch seat height helps build rider confidence.
- Standard model available in Black or Pearl White. ABS model available in Black only.
- Transferable one-year, unlimited-mileage limited warranty; extended coverage available with a Honda Protection Plan.
Honda Genuine Accessories
- Saddlebag Case, Color-Matched Saddlebag Cover, Saddlebag Case Stay, Rear Carrier Base, Rear Carrier, Carbon Fiber-Look Front Fender, Carbon Fiber-Look Rear Headlight Cover, Carbon Fiber-Look Front Headlight Cover, Carbon Fiber-Look Meter Visor, Carbon Fiber-Look Meter Cover, Carbon Fiber-Look Rear Tire Hugger, Under Cowl, Inner Cowl, Seat Cowl, Tank Pad
- WARRANTY: Because we ’re so confident in the quality of each of our Honda Genuine Accessories, we ’re pleased to offer one of the best warranties in the industry. One-year warranty begins on the day accessories are purchased by the customer.