The Honda CBR1000RR Fireblade is the epitome of super sport motorcycles offering a perfect mix of agility, power and handling.
Since it was launched in 1992, the Fireblade has won a lot of hearts with its sporty character and the unique riding experience. Needless to say that since then, the bike was continuously upgraded and today has reached its peak of evolution.
This mechanical beast is propelled by a Liquid-cooled, 4-stroke, 16-valve, DOHC, INLINE-4 with PGM-DSFI electronic fuel injection. The engine puts out a maximum power of 131kW at 12,000 rpm and 112Nm of torque at 8,500 rpm.
To help you use the entire power generated by the engine, Honda equipped its Fireblade with a set of sporty suspensions. Thereby the front wheel is kept in check by a telescopic inverted fork with an inner tube diameter of 43 mm, and a Big Piston Front Fork with preload, compression and rebound adjustment. On the other hand, out back there is a Pro-Link configuration with gas-charged HMAS damper featuring 10-step preload and stepless compression and rebound damping adjustment.
Hit the jump for more information on the Honda CBR1000RR Fireblade.
Celebrated worldwide for its scorching speed and effortless agility, the CBR1000RR Fireblade is an established icon of performance motorcycling. Total Control has been at the heart of its development since the Fireblade was first launched in 1992, and it has sped from success to success. Honda has continuously improved the ride experience that gives the rider unique confidence on both road and track. In 2009, Honda epitomised the Total Control philosophy by introducing electronically-controlled Combined ABS, a revolutionary innovation for a bike in this class. The first Combined ABS to be designed specifically for a super sports motorcycle, it retains the necessary feel at the controls as well as incorporating the light weight and keenly developed performance demanded by its highly competitive environment.
- Honda Evolutional Catalysing System. Oxygen-sensing system maintains an optimal air fuel mixture for the most effective catalytic reduction of exhaust emissions.
- Programmed Fuel Injection. Map-type computerised system maintains strong power and responsive performance in all conditions.
- Combined Antilock Brake System.Optimises the balance of front and rear braking control while counteracting tyre slip when braking over variable road conditions.
- Honda Ignition Security System. Only allows the bike to be started by its original encoded keys to effectively protect against theft.
- Honda Electronic Steering Damper - Minimises sudden steering changes at high speeds for enhanced riding ease and comfort.
- Pro-Link Rear Suspension. Monoshock rear suspension utilises a triangular linkage system to progressively increase damping force through range of rear swingarm movement.
- EURO-3. Complies with EURO-3 emissions regulations.
|Bore & Stroke||76 x 55.1mm|
|Ignition||Computer-controlled digital transistorised with electronic advance|
|Compression Ratio||12.3 : 1|
|Max. Power Output||131kW/12,000min-1 (95/1/EC)|
|Carburation||PGM-DSFI electronic fuel injection|
|Max. Torque||112Nm/8,500min-1 (95/1/EC)|
|Engine Type||Liquid-cooled 4-stroke 16-valve DOHC INLINE-4|
|Final Drive||#530 O-ring sealed chain|
|Fuel Capacity||17.7litres (including 4-litre LCD-indicated reserve)|
|Length x Width x Height||2077 x 685 x 1,135mm|
|Suspension Front||Telescopic inverted fork with an inner tube diameter of 43 mm, and a Big Piston Front Fork with preload, compression and rebound adjustment, 120mm stroke|
|Wheels Rear||12-spoke cast aluminium|
|Brakes Rear||220 x 5mm hydraulic disc with single-piston calliper, Combined ABS and sintered metal pads|
|Tyres Rear||190/50-ZR17M/C (73W)|
|Brakes Front||320 x 4.5mm dual hydraulic disc with 4-piston callipers, Combined ABS and sintered metal pads|
|Tyres Front||120/70-ZR17M/C (58W)|
|Wheels Front||12-spoke cast aluminium|
|Suspension Rear||Unit Pro-Link with gas-charged HMAS damper featuring 10-step preload and stepless compression and rebound damping adjustment, 138.2mm stroke. Rear Balance Free Rear Cushion with preload, compression and rebound adjustment, 62mm stroke|