Born to be able to merge perfectly with its rider, the Honda CBR1000RRA rewards you with a great handling, mind blowing speeds and a reassuring feeling of total control every time you fire up its engine.
At the core of this sporty bike lies a MotoGP DNA, which helps it feel at home on any race track. At the same time, the CBR1000RRA was also carefully designed to keep your back comfortable during everyday riding on the city streets.
In terms of power, the Honda CBR1000RRA boosts a light fuel-injected, 999cc, Liquid-cooled inline-four engine that rewards you with a smooth powerband. For enhanced performances, the engine is paired with a close-ratio six-speed transmission and an Assist Slipper Clutch that ensures confident downshifting and deceleration as well as quick clutch re-engagement and light lever action.
This speed demon can be yours for not less than $15,499.
Hit the jump for more information on the Honda CBR1000RRA.
Racy performance, combined with real-world rideability and intuitive, Total Control operation. You’ve never experienced an open-class sportbike quite like the Honda CBR1000RRA. With its MotoGP bloodline showing through in every detail, there’s no question that the Honda CBR1000RRA can get around a track in a big hurry. But one of the amazing things about this bike is just how practical and easy to control it is for everyday riding on the street, too. Its lightweight and compact fuel-injected 999 cc engine produces a seamlessly smooth powerband that’s perfect for a lazy afternoon ride on your favourite twisty road, or for mixing it up with your friends during a fun track day. Plus, the CBR1000RRA has the kind of seating position that allows you to enjoy the ride, not long for the next rest stop. Honda’s technological genius also shows through in a world’s first: the CBR1000RRA’s Electronically Controlled Combined ABS, the first Anti-lock Braking System designed specifically for the unique demands of sportbikes. Want to feel in Total Control of your riding experience? Swing a leg over a Honda CBR1000RRA, and become one with your motorcycle.
Engine and Drivetrain
- Liquid-cooled DOHC 16-valve 999 cc four-stroke inline four-cylinder engine features bore and stroke dimensions of 76 mm x 55.1 mm.
- Sixteen-valve cylinder head features a 12.3:1 compression ratio for efficient combustion and high horsepower.
- Dual Stage Fuel Injection (DSFI) delivers the precise fuel/air mixture to the engine for efficient combustion and crisp performance at high engine rpm.
- An Assist Slipper Clutch ensures confident downshifting and deceleration as well as quick clutch re-engagement and light lever action. This clutch design not only provides slip in throttle-off conditions, but also provides positive lock under power.
- Extremely compact exhaust system incorporates a catalytic converter and control valve in mid-muffler that reduces rear bodywork size and significantly improves mass centralization, reducing roll and yaw inertia.
- Durable #530 O-ring–sealed drive chain.
Chassis and Suspension
- Lightweight Hollow Fine Die-Cast twin-spar aluminum frame utilizes MotoGP technology.
- MotoGP-derived Honda Electronic Steering Damper (HESD).
- Unit Pro-Link® rear suspension features a patented Balance Free Rear Shock from Showa that incorporates a unique double-tube design featuring a damper case plus an internal cylinder for more-responsive, smoother damping action and a smoother transition between compression and rebound, resulting in improved traction and road holding.
- The 43 mm fork incorporates Showa’s latest Big Piston Fork technology with a larger damping volume to effectively reduce the hydraulic pressure generated as the fork legs compress and extend. The result is more precise action during the initial stroke and smoother damping action for improved handling, enhanced front-end feedback, and a more solid feel during hard braking.
- Big Piston Fork features spring preload, rebound and compression damping adjustability.
- The CBR1000RRA comes with the world’s first Electronically Controlled Combined ABS for sportbikes. This innovative system combines the benefits of anti-lock brakes and linked front and rear brakes to improve both braking control and safety — all without interfering with cornering ability or other aspects of sport performance. The system measures rider input on both the front brake lever and rear brake pedal (plus data from other sensors), then using sophisticated electronics and two separate power units, generates up to the maximum braking force on both wheels while also preventing wheel lockup. An innovative stroke simulator helps to maintain the same sort of feel at the brake lever and pedal as you’re used to. Combine this with the small size and weight of the components, and you have one amazing system. Full braking performance immediately available, giving you that extra peace of mind.
- Front brake system features radial-mounted four-piston calipers and 320 mm floating discs, and rear brake system uses a 220 mm disc with a single-piston caliper for exceptional stopping power.
- Super-light aluminum-alloy hollow-spoke wheels feature race-spec 3.5 x 17-inch front and 6.0 x 17-inch rear dimensions.
- Centrally mounted 17.7-litre fuel tank is positioned low in the frame, increasing mass centralization and allowing for a more compact design.
- Layered fairing design improves the flow of air through the cooling system and also creates a large pocket of calm air around the rider for better comfort. An integrated chin spoiler in the nose reduces aerodynamic lift to improve handling.
- Multi-function LCD instrument panel communicates important information, plus includes a lap timer with memory function, five-level shift indicator, user-selectable modes for tachometer display, gear position indicator and more.
- Line-beam headlight features two-piece reflector design utilizing two H7 bulbs for optimum light distribution and unique compact design.
- LED taillights for improved appearance.
- Plastic tank shell cover protects tank and airbox.
- Convenient ignition switch/fork lock for added security.
- Folding aerodynamic mirrors.
- Convenient push-to-cancel turn-signal switch.
- Lightweight maintenance-free battery.
|Engine Type||Liquid-cooled inline-four|
|Bore & Stroke||76 mm x 55.1 mm|
|Valve Train||Chain-driven DOHC, 4 valves per cylinder|
|Fuel Delivery||Dual Stage Fuel Injection|
|Final Drive||#530 O-ring-sealed chain|
|Front Suspension||43 mm inverted Big Piston Fork with full adjustability; 110 mm (4.3 in.) travel|
|Rear Suspension||Unit Pro-Link Balance Free Rear Shock with full adjustability; 138 mm (5.4 in.) travel|
|Tires||120/70ZR - 17 radial front; 190/50ZR-17 radial rear|
|Brakes||Front dual 320 mm discs with radial-mounted four-piston calipers; rear single 220 mm disc with single-piston caliper. Electronically Controlled Combined ABS|
|Seat Height||820 mm (32.3 in.)|
|Wheelbase||1,410 mm (55.5 in.)|
|Curb Weight||211 kg (465 lb) including required fluids and full tank of gas - ready to ride|
|Fuel Capacity||17.7 litres|
|Warranty||12 months, unlimited mileage, freely transferable warranty; extended coverage available with Honda Plus|