When it comes to super sport bikes, Honda’s name is always on everyone’s lips. Its capable models have made history and fortunately the Japanese company continues to put its mark on the history of speed even today.
One of the models that are very appreciated by the adrenaline-hungry riders is the Honda CBR600RR. During its long life span this model has been continuously upgraded and today reached its peak featuring a series of important upgrades which make it better than ever.
The motorcycle received new, lightweight 12 spoke wheels, improved suspensions and stronger brakes (Electronic Combined Anti-lock Braking System included)
As far as power is concerned, the Honda CBR600RR 13YM is fitted with a compact 599cc, liquid-cooled four-cylinder engine with a remapped Programmed Dual Sequential Fuel Injection System (PGM-DSFI).
The Honda CBR600RR 13YM is offered with a starting price of £9,500.
Hit the jump for more information on the Honda CBR600RR 13YM.
Honda’s new CBR600RR has moved the Super Sports game on. It features a race-ready Showa Big Piston Fork, which combined with new, lightweight 12-spoke wheels (similar to those on the CBR1000RR) and a revised rear shock, gives more sensitive control to further improve stability and poise on road and track. Twin radially-mounted four-piston calipers grip 310mm disc giving incredible stopping power with fingertip precision and the Electronic Combined Anti-lock Braking System (eC-ABS) delivers an extra layer of safety with zero loss of performance or control.
The compact 599cc, liquid-cooled four-cylinder engine not only drives incredibly hard to its 13,500rpm redline but is also flexible, punching out strong mid-range torque. The Programmed Dual Sequential Fuel Injection System (PGM-DSFI) has been remapped to deliver even sharper throttle response and feel, while the Intake Air Control Valve (IACV) attached to the throttle now works over the whole rev-range for much greater sensitivity and control at high rpm.
And if it looks fast, it’s because it is fast. You can see the Honda RC213V MotoGP race bike’s DNA all over the CBR600RR; the aggressive, aerodynamic fairing, twin line-beam headlights, minimalist tail unit and centre-up exhaust, echo the design of the factory race machine. Speed, distilled.
- Honda Multi-Action System. Cartridge-type front fork and rear damper design ensures a confident balance of compliant damping and precise handling.
- Honda Electronic Steering Damper - Minimises sudden steering changes at high speeds for enhanced riding ease and comfort.
- Combined Antilock Brake System.Optimises the balance of front and rear braking control while counteracting tyre slip when braking over variable road conditions.
- Programmed Fuel Injection. Map-type computerised system maintains strong power and responsive performance in all conditions.
- EURO-3. Complies with EURO-3 emissions regulations.
- Honda Ignition Security System. Only allows the bike to be started by its original encoded keys to effectively protect against theft.
- Unit Pro-Link Rear Suspension. Progressively damped Monoshock rear suspension system integrated into rear swingarm to effectively isolate frame from rear wheel forces.
- Honda Evolutional Catalysing System. Oxygen-sensing system maintains an optimal air fuel mixture for the most effective catalytic reduction of exhaust emissions.
|Bore & Stroke||67 x 42.5mm|
|Fuel Tank Capacity||18.1L|
|Fuel Consumption||20.0km/l (56.5mpg) (WMTC mode*)|
|Carburation||PGM-DSFI electronic fuel injection|
|Max. Power Output||88kW/13,500rpm|
|Compression Ratio||12.2: 1|
|Engine Type||Liquid-cooled 4-stroke 16-valve DOHC inline-4|
|Clutch||Wet, multiplate with coil springs|
|Final Drive||O-ring sealed chain|
|Kerb Weight||196kg (ABS)|
|Headlights||12V, 55W x 2 (low)/55W x 1 (high)|
|Caster Angle||23° 45’|
|Dimensions (L×W×H)||2,029 x 684 x 1,115mm|
|Frame type||Diamond; Fine Die-Cast aluminium|
|Wheels Front||Hollow section 12 spoke cast aluminium|
|Tyres Rear||180/55 -ZR17M/C (58W)|
|Tyres Front||120/70 -ZR17M/C (58W)|
|Suspension Rear||Unit Pro-Link with gas-charged remote reservoir damper, adjustable spring preload and compression and rebound damping, 130mm axle travel|
|Brakes Rear||220 x 5mm hydraulic disc with single-piston caliper and sintered metal pads|
|Brakes Front||310 x 4.5mm dual hydraulic disc with radial-mount 4-piston calipers, floating rotors and sintered metal pads|
|Rim Size Front||17M/C x MT3.5|
|Suspension Front||41mm fully adjustable inverted Showa Big Piston Fork, 120mm axle travel|
|Wheels Rear||Hollow section 12 spoke cast aluminium|
|Rim Size Rear||17M/C x MT5.5|