The Honda CBR600RR has already proved its value in its long life span, but in the latest years the bike was starting to show its age. Thankfully the Japanese manufacturer has finally decided to give it a few upgrades for 2013. Though, don’t expect to any wonders as the modifications are small, the 2013 model featuring only new color schemes, front suspension, wheels, ram-air intake system and revised fuel injection settings.
The new front suspensions are similar with the ones found on the Honda CBR1000RR featuring a bigger piston surface to improve the damping pressure. Like the previous model, the new fork offers three-way adjustability for spring preload, compression and rebound.
Apart from the technical upgrades, the 2013 Honda CBR600RR also comes with a fresh nose which is flatter and features new headlamps. Other modifications were made to the windscreen, fuel tank and taillights which are now fitted with LEDs.
Hit the jump for more information on the 2013 Honda CBR600RR.
The lineage behind the CBR600RR boasts ongoing track-tested, championship-winning advancements in form and function that have kept this machine at the forefront of the 600cc Supersport class. This newly redesigned CBR600RR delivers stronger engine output for an elevated level of performance, a brand-new front suspension featuring Honda’s 41mm Big Piston Fork for exceptional handling and supple action, plus all-new MotoGP-inspired bodywork that’s a product of race-tested aerodynamic design. It all adds up to a sportbike that leads the way, whether it’s at the track or just a fun afternoon ride on your favorite backroads.
New for 2013
- Redesigned, centrally located ram-air intake system and improved ECU and PGM-DSFI setting deliver more power in the midrange and enhanced throttle response in the high-rpm range.
- New 41mm Showa Big Piston Fork (BPF) features a larger damper piston that generates damping forces at lower internal pressures to allow for smoother, more responsive fork action. Adjustable for spring preload plus compression and rebound damping adjustability.
- Unit Pro-Link® rear suspension features a revised shock with new damper settings for improved overall performance.
- Using knowledge gained from the Honda RC212V MotoGP race program, aerodynamic improvements were made to this newest CBR600RR, which shows a 6.5 percent decrease in drag over the previous model. The development and testing used with this all-new CBR600RR bodywork, in turn, led to aerodynamic advancements that have been incorporated into the current RC213V MotoGP racing machine.
- This newly found aerodynamic efficiency lends itself to more agile handling and improved wind deflection for enhanced rider comfort.
- Repsol Edition racing colors available for the first time ever on the CBR600RR (standard model only).
- Standard model available in Red, Repsol Edition or White/Blue/Red. C-ABS model available in Red only.
- Transferable one-year, unlimited-mileage limited warranty; extended coverage available with a Honda Protection Plan.
Honda Genuine Accessories
- Sportscreen, Color-Matched Passenger Seat Cowl, Carbon Fiber-Look Rear Fender, Carbon Fiber-Look Exhaust Pipe Cover, Carbon Fiber-Look License Plate Frame, Carbon Fiber-Look Tank Trim, Carbon Fiber-Look Fuel Lid Cover, Racing Sticker Kit, Racing Cover
- WARRANTY: Because we’re so confident in the quality of each of our Honda Genuine Accessories, we’re pleased to offer one of the best warranties in the industry. One-year warranty begins on the day accessories are purchased by the customer.
|Model||CBR600RR / CBR600RRA|
|Engine Type||599cc liquid-cooled inline four-cylinder|
|Bore and Stroke||67.0mm x 42.5mm|
|Valve Train||DOHC; four valves per cylinder|
|Induction||Programmed Dual Stage Fuel Injection (PGM-DSFI) with 40mm throttle bodies, Denso 12-hole injectors|
|Ignition||Computer-controlled digital transistorized with 3-D mapping|
|Final Drive||#525 O-ring-sealed chain|
|Suspension Front||41mm inverted Big Piston Fork with spring preload, rebound and compression damping adjustability; TBD inches travel|
|Rear||Unit Pro-Link HMAS single shock with spring preload, rebound and compression damping adjustability; 5.1 inches travel|
|Brakes Front||Dual radial-mounted four-piston calipers with full-floating 310mm discs|
|Rear||Single-caliper 220mm disc;|
|Tires Front||120/70ZR-17 radial|
|Rake (Caster Angle)||23.5°|
|Trail||97.7mm (3.9 inches)|
|Seat Height||32.3 inches|
|Fuel Capacity||4.8 gallons, including 0.9-gallon reserve|
|Estimated Fuel Economy||TBD|
|Colors CBR600RR||Red, Repsol Edition, White/Blue/Red|
|Curb Weight||410 pounds (CBR600RR) / 432 pounds (CBR600RRA)|