The Honda CBR600 is one of the most popular sport bikes in the world. And there is no wonder why, because is reliable to the core, strong and fairly agile.
The 2013 Honda CBR600RRA is a slightly sportier version of the standard model and comes with improved engine performances and aerodynamics as well as a better handling.
Talking about aerodynamics, it is worthy of being mentioned that the Honda CBR600RRA features a fresh bodywork that reduces drag by 6.5 percent.
You also get a new Showa Big Piston fully adjustable fork that is paired with a new aluminum frame and a lighter swingarm. Needless to say, that all these features improve the motorcycle’s handling and cornering abilities.
The motorcycle’s center piece is a liquid-cooled, inline-four, 599 cc engine which comes with revised settings for the Programmed Dual Stage Fuel Injection (PGM-DSFI) system.
Hit the jump for more information on the Honda CBR600RRA.
Put your money down now to prevent letdown. Secure your CBR600RR today!
With the 2013 Honda CBR600RRA, we’ve taken a bike that was equally at home on the street or on the track, and made it even better for both. How? By improving engine performance, handling and aerodynamics without changing its unique ability to be practical and comfortable during everyday riding. You can’t miss the CBR600RRA’s aggressive new bodywork that reduces drag by 6.5 percent – it was inspired by Honda’s RC213V MotoGP racer. A new Showa Big Piston fully adjustable fork and distinctive 12-spoke wheels from the CBR1000RRA combine with an upgraded aluminum frame and lighter aluminum swingarm to improve handling – especially under the heavy loads produced by cornering or hard braking. Revised settings in the Programmed Dual Stage Fuel Injection (PGM-DSFI) system improve engine performance below 7,000 rpm, while a carefully retuned air-intake system improves torque above 7,000 rpm. And for the best in braking performance, you can’t beat the CBR600RRA’s Electronically Controlled Combined ABS brake system that brings world-class stopping power and control to your fingertips. Perfection, improved. That’s the 2013 Honda CBR600RRA.
Engine and Drivetrain
- Superior power-to-weight ratio for outstanding acceleration and handling.
- Liquid-cooled DOHC 16-valve 599 cc four-stroke inline four-cylinder engine features oversquare bore and stroke of 67 mm x 42.5 mm.
- High-revving engine redlines at 15,000 rpm.
- Oil jets beneath the piston provide additional friction reduction and cooling.
- Iridium-tip sparkplugs improve fuel combustion and performance.
- Improved Dual Stage Fuel Injection (DSFI) system features 40 mm throttle bodies and two injectors per cylinder — one upper and one lower — controlled by an electronic control system (ECU) that senses rpm and throttle opening. Lower injector enhances rideability while upper injector improves top-end horsepower.
- Denso 12-hole injectors deliver finely atomized fuel mixture for optimum combustion efficiency and power.
- Improved Intake Air Control Valve (IACV) minimizes torque reaction and smoothes response to small throttle changes through gradual reductions of air and fuel intake when the throttle is opened and closed.
- Auto enrichment system is integrated into programmed fuel injection (PGM-FI) module, eliminating the need for a manual choke.
- Non-resonance knock sensor maintains optimum spark advance while constantly monitoring combustion performance during mid- to high-speed operation.
- Two-stage ram-air system provides high volume of cool air to the airbox for linear power delivery and incredible engine performance.
- Cylinder head features angled valve insets to improve airflow.
- Cylinder head features two springs per intake valve and one spring per exhaust valve for optimum high-rpm valve operation and durability.
- Direct shim-under-bucket valve actuation ensures high-rpm performance and durability.
- Lightweight forged-aluminum pistons incorporate special shot peening for added toughness.
- Lightweight magnesium head cover.
- Lightweight stainless steel four-into-one exhaust features an inline-exhaust valve to control exhaust pressure for maximum performance.
- Double-pivot tensioner for cam-chain durability.
- Right-side starter gears allow increased lean angle.
- Smooth-shifting close-ratio six-speed transmission is closely matched to the engine’s powerband.
- MotoGP-style centre-up exhaust system.
Chassis and Suspension
- Fine Die-Cast (FDC) frame uses four large castings for light weight.
- The new Showa Big Piston fork features a larger damping volume to effectively reduce the hydraulic pressure generated as the fork legs compress and extend. The result is more precise action during the initial stroke and smoother damping action for improved handling, enhanced front-end feedback, and a more solid feel during hard braking.
- Unit Pro-Link rear suspension system is patterned after RC213V MotoGP racer. In this two-piece shock system, the upper shock mount is contained within the swingarm rather than the frame. With no top frame mount for the shock, this unique system reduces negative suspension energy from being transmitted into the frame, allowing optimum frame rigidity and improved rideability out of corners.
- Small and light Honda Electronic Steering Damper (HESD) enhances stability.
- The CBR600RRA comes with the world’s first electronically-controlled Combined ABS for sportbikes. This innovative system combines the benefits of anti-lock brakes and linked front and rear brakes to improve both braking control and safety — all without interfering with cornering ability or other aspects of sport performance. The system measures rider input on both the front brake lever and rear brake pedal (plus data from other sensors), then using sophisticated electronics and two separate power units, generates up to the maximum braking force on both wheels while also preventing wheel lockup. An innovative stroke simulator helps to maintain the same sort of feel at the brake lever and pedal as you’re used to. Combine this with the small size and weight of the components, and you have one amazing system. Full braking performance immediately available, giving you that extra peace of mind.
- Braking system features twin four-piston radial-mounted front calipers, dual 310 mm front discs and a single 220 mm rear disc for optimum stopping power.
- Vertical-piston master-cylinder system produces superior leverage ratio at the front brake lever for higher braking efficiency with excellent feel and controllability. This layout permits the use of a longer brake lever, which means more braking force with less effort from the rider.
- Slim turn-signal indicators and fairing design.
- Industry-leading ergonomic design features maximum rider comfort for minimum fatigue in all riding conditions.
- Centrally mounted fuel tank is positioned low in the frame, increasing mass centralization and allowing a more compact design.
- Plastic tank shell cover protects tank and airbox.
- Line-beam headlights feature three-piece reflector design utilizing two H7 bulbs for optimum light distribution and a unique compact design.
- Instrumentation is very compact and features LCD panel with tachometer, odometer, twin tripmeters speedometer, fuel gauge and clock.
- Attractive 12-spoke aluminum-alloy wheels feature race-spec 3.5 x 17-inch front and 5.5 x 17-inch rear dimensions.
- One-piece fan assembly for maximum cooling efficiency.
- Maintenance-free battery.
- Optional seat cowl.
- Compact rear cowl storage compartment for U-type locking devices (lock not included) under the passenger seat.
- Pivoting, aerodynamic mirrors.
- Integrated ignition-switch/fork lock for added security.
- Convenient push-to-cancel turn-signal switch.
- 1 year, unlimited mileage, freely transferable warranty.
|Engine Type||Liquid-cooled inline-four|
|Bore & Stroke||67 mm x 42.5 mm|
|Valve Train||Chain-driven DOHC, 4 valves per cylinder|
|Fuel Delivery||Dual Stage Fuel Injection|
|Final Drive||O-ring-sealed chain|
|Front Suspension||41 mm inverted Big Piston fork with full adjustability; TBD travel|
|Rear Suspension||Unit Pro-Link HMAS single shock with full adjustability; 130 mm (5.1 in.) travel|
|Tires||120/70ZR - 17 radial front;180/55ZR - 17 radial rear|
|Brakes||Front dual 310 mm discs with radial-mounted four-piston calipers; rear single 220 mm disc with single-piston caliper. Electronically controlled Combined ABS|
|Seat Height||840 mm (32.3 in.)|
|Wheelbase||1,370 mm (53.9 in.)|
|Curb Weight||185 kg (410 lb)|
|Fuel Capacity||18 litres|
|Warranty||12 months, unlimited mileage, freely transferable warranty; extended coverage available with Honda Plus|