The Honda Crossrunner is a sporty motorcycle developed for those who put practicality, versatility and comfort on top of their priorities list.
At the heart of this mechanical beast lies a 782 cc, V4, liquid cooled, 4 stroke engine which puts out a maximum power of 74.9kW at 10,000 rpm. The engine is brought to life by an electric starter and its power is kept in leash by a constant mesh six speed transmission.
It is also worthy of being mentioned that the motorcycle is equipped with a modern Combined Antilock Brake System which keeps you safe regardless of what type of road conditions you’re dealing with.
The motorcycle’s backbone is a pivotless, diamond, aluminium twin-spar frame combined with a Pro-Link Rear Suspension with monoshock.
As far as pricing is concerned, the Honda Crossrunner can be yours for not less than £9,200.
Hit the jump for more information on the 2013 Honda Crossrunner.
The Crossrunner provides all day comfort and effortless handling in the city, exhilarating performance on the open road and the ground clearance and suspension travel needed to truly bring out the adventurer in you. A 782cc V4 engine provides the Crossrunner with an incredibly smooth power output. Honda technicians reengineered their renowned V4 technology specifically for this bike so that it combines a smooth power surge with the energy of an Adventure bike. Wide handlebars and an upright position have been incorporated to give high levels of stability and manoeuvrability as well as all day comfort and great visibility. The dual layered fairing completes the rugged, purposeful look and benefits the riding dynamics by enhancing stability at higher speeds. The Crossrunner has been created to give riders great flexibility. Designed with pillion in mind, the seat positions the passenger on the same level as the rider, shielding them from the wind and creating a feeling of comfort and safety. With great handling and stability, good ground clearance and ample suspension travel you can take on the bumpiest cobbled roads and dust tracks to get to your destination.
- EURO-3. Complies with EURO-3 emissions regulations.
- Pro-Link Rear Suspension. Monoshock rear suspension utilises a triangular linkage system to progressively increase damping force through range of rear swingarm movement.
- Honda Multi-Action System. Cartridge-type front fork and rear damper design ensures a confident balance of compliant damping and precise handling.
- Honda Ignition Security System. Only allows the bike to be started by its original encoded keys to effectively protect against theft.
- Combined Antilock Brake System.Optimises the balance of front and rear braking control while counteracting tyre slip when braking over variable road conditions.
- Programmed Fuel Injection. Map-type computerised system maintains strong power and responsive performance in all conditions.
- V4-VTEC Engine.Honda’s unique 2-stage valve control system maximises power output across the rev range.
- Honda Evolutional Catalysing System. Oxygen-sensing system maintains an optimal air fuel mixture for the most effective catalytic reduction of exhaust emissions.
|Compression Ratio||11.6 : 1|
|Type||Liquid-cooled 4-stroke 16-valve DOHC 90° V-4|
|Max. Power Output||74.9kW/10,000min-1 (95/1/EC)|
|Battery Capacity||12V/11AH (YTZ-12S)|
|Sparkplug Type||IMR9D-9H (NGK); VNH27Z (DENSO)|
|Ignition Timing||8° BTDC (idle) 50° BTDC (1200min-1)|
|Ignition System||Computer-controlled digital transistorised with electronic advance|
|Carburation||PGM-FI electronic fuel injection|
|Max. Torque||72.8Nm/9,500min-1 (95/1/EC)|
|Oil Capacity||3.8 litres|
|Bore × Stroke||72 × 48mm|
|Final Reduction||2.687 (43/16)|
|Final Drive||O-ring sealed chain|
|Primary Reduction||1.934 (64/33)|
|Transmission Type||Constant mesh 6-speed|
|Clutch||Wet, multiplate with coil springs|
|Aircleaner||Oil-permeated, cartridge-type paper filter|
|Dimensions||(L×W×H) 2,130 × 799 × 1,243mm|
|Frame type||Diamond; aluminium twin-spar; pivotless|
|Caster Angle||25° 45’|
|Fuel Tank Capacity||21.5 litres|