- Liquid-Cooled horizontally opposed six-cylinder
- Programmed Fuel Injection
- 1832 cc
The Honda Gold Wing Audio Comfort offers a comprehensive list of features designed to make your ride as enjoyable and comfortable as possible.
Boosting an ergonomic design, and a strong 1832cc Liquid-Cooled, PGM-FI horizontally opposed six-cylinder engine the Gold Wing is ready to follow you in any adventure. As far as efficiency is concerned the Honda Gold Wing Audio Comfort scores a fuel consumption of 35 MPG.
To make its motorcycle even more appealing to the public, Honda has updated the audio and navigation systems, and added integrated iPod connectivity and the ability to upload trips to the navi system from your home computer.
You also get a set of new paint schemes for 2013 which include the Ultra Blue Metallic, Candy Red, Grey Metallic, and Light Silver Metallic.
The Honda Gold Wing Audio Comfort is offered with a starting price of $23,990 USD.
Hit the jump for more information on the Honda Gold Wing Audio Comfort.
Riders all across the globe dream of owning a Honda Gold Wing. Because they know it’s a machine that can make your riding dreams come true. Of course there’s the Gold Wing’s list of features, second to none in the touring-bike community. But most of all it’s just because the Gold Wing sets the standards in just about every touring category: comfort, reliability, performance, handling, and passenger accommodations. In addition to its sleek bodywork, integrated luggage and horizontally opposed six-cylinder engine, we recently updated the audio and navigation systems, and added integrated iPod® connectivity and the ability to upload trips to the navi system from your home computer.
For 2013, we’re bringing back the iconic Ultra Blue Metallic paint scheme and adding three dynamic new colors: Candy Red, Grey Metallic, and Light Silver Metallic!
For nearly three decades, the Gold Wing has been the ultimate motorcycle for two-up long-distance travel and the 2013 Gold Wing® continues this legacy. In addition to its renowned powerful and smooth engine and remarkably sporty handling, no other motorcycle can match the Gold Wing’s luxury accommodations for both rider and passenger, including the latest generation of sophisticated electronic amenities such as an innovative user-friendly navigation system with the capability to share favorite ride routes with friends and other riders. The Gold Wing also incorporates a new built-in MP3/iPod® interface and a SRS CS Auto™ technology surround-sound system for a premium listening experience. With its progressive styling, significant luggage capacity, terrific protection from wind and weather, and suspension settings that provide an amazingly compliant ride—plus optional features including ABS and the world’s first motorcycle airbag—the Gold Wing’s reputation as the most celebrated two-up machine in motorcycle history remains unchallenged.
The Honda Gold Wing has always offered power, performance, handling, and touring comfort. And that’s why it’s always led the touring-bike class. We’ve added and upgraded some of our four options packages.
Each package is designed to optimize your riding experience with such exclusive features as XM Radio with NavTraffic/NavWeather and our new Trip Planner software. Our upgraded premium audio package gives you Surround Sound. Cold-weather comfort features like heated grips, a heated seat and passenger backrest, foot-level warm-air ducts and better lower-leg wind protection make a great ride even better. Combined anti-lock brakes (C-ABS) help you stop with more confidence, and Honda’s revolutionary airbag system is the first of its kind on a production motorcycle.
- Gold Wing Audio Comfort - Base MSRP $23,990 USD
- Features & Options - 1832cc liquid-cooled horizontally opposed six-cylinder engine; Heated grips, seat, & foot warmer; Premium Surround Sound; Cruise Control; Electric Reverse
- Gold Wing Audio Comfort Navi XM - Base MSRP $26,880 USD
- Features & Options - Adds: Satellite-Linked Navigation System & XM Radio, Weather & Traffic
- Gold Wing Audio Comfort Navi XM ABS - Base MSRP $28,100 USD
- Features & Options - Adds: Combined Anti-Lock Brakes
- Gold Wing Airbag - Base MSRP $29,550 USD
- Features & Options - Adds: First Motorcycle Airbag
New For 2013
Light Silver Metallic and Gray Metallic colors join Ultra Blue Metallic and Candy Red.
2013 Honda Gold Wing GL1800 Audio Comfort Features
- 1832cc Liquid-cooled, Fuel-injected Engine - The Gold Wing’s fuel-injected, horizontally opposed six-cylinder engine is exceptionally smooth and incredibly powerful. This time-tested powerplant delivers plenty of useable power, using regular unleaded fuel. And to eliminate crankshaft-induced torque reaction at the chassis, the gearbox spins opposite the crank’s rotation—an elegant solution, and a typical Gold Wing engineering touch.
- Tire-Pressure Monitoring System (TPMS) - Checking tire pressure can be a hassle—except when you’re riding a Gold Wing with our Tire-Pressure Monitoring System (TPMS). A pair of monitors keep track of both front and rear tire pressures, and the dashboard readout is updated once per minute. They’ll send you an alert if either tire is significantly underinflated.
- Clear-Coated Wheels - Our wheels are clear-coated from the factory for an improved appearance and easier cleaning.
- Advanced Ride Quality - Suspension settings revised through repeated testing and your feedback are a part of the reason your new Gold Wing offers handling that can put many a sportbike to shame. Gold Wings have always offered the best overall handling of any touring machine, but these new settings really improve things when you decide to dial it up a notch.
- Modern Styling - The Gold Wing’s new design aims for a more integrated appearance, with a sporting edge and visual flow line linking the front to the rear, and a new, integrated taillight and saddlebag treatment. Other touches include redesigned front fascia and air intake, blacked-out headlight garnish, and new instrument panel fonts and design.
- Adjustable Windscreen - Our sturdy, ratcheting windscreen adjustment system provides six settings over nearly four inches of travel.
- Heated Grips/Seat - Heated grips, a heated rider’s seat, and a heated passenger seat/backrest, all with individual rider and passenger controls. There’s even a foot-warming system for cold mornings!
- Lockable Glovebox - Non-airbag models also get a center-mounted lockable glove box for added convenience, boosting the cockpit area storage capacity to 2.8 liters.
- Advanced Seat Cover and Urethane Seat Material - The best seat in the house just got better. Both the rider and passenger will feel the difference that our new urethane seat material makes. The waterproof cover also features a new, sportier, custom perforated look too. A day in the saddle never felt so good!
- Audio System with Surround Sound - Featuring a surround-sound system that’s tuned exclusively for the Gold Wing. When using the speakers (SRS CS Auto*), the audio image is enhanced along with deep low tones, producing a powerful surround sound. When using the headsets (SRS Headphone**), you’ll hear a three-dimensional sound field brimming with realistic sound. †
- iPod Connectivity - Now you can connect a compatible Apple® iPod® player or other USB mass storage devices, such as flash drives that contain MP3, WMA6 or AAC music files, and control them through the Gold Wing’s audio controls. The connector is located in the lockable trunk, where devices can be conveniently carried and discreetly stored.
- Enhanced Storage Capacity - When we redesigned the new Gold Wing’s bodywork, we took the opportunity to increase the storage capacity in the saddlebags by seven liters, upping total capacity to over 150 liters including trunk and fairing pockets.
Shaft Final Drive
Pro-Arm Rear Swingarm - The Gold Wing’s MotoGP-inspired single-sided cast-aluminum swingarm is super-rigid and lightweight, with reduced unsprung weight, delivering sharper, sportier handling. Its unique Pro-Arm design mates up with Honda ’s patented Pro-Link® rear suspension, featuring electronically adjustable hydraulic preload settings for various riding and load conditions.
Advanced Wind and Weather Protection - The 2013 Gold Wing’s layered-surface bodywork does more than just look great. We took the opportunity to fine-tune the rider and passenger environment. There’s appreciably more wind and weather protection around your lower legs, so you’ll experience less buffeting and warmer legs on those cool days.
You can plan trip routes on your home computer and upload them into your Gold Wing’s available navi system. You can share your trips with friends, or download routes from others. And when you’re using your navi system, you’ll notice improvements like a lane guidance/junction view feature, and a GPS receiver that captures satellite signals faster.
More is Better.
Sleek bodywork provides superior wind protection. Also included is iPod® connectivity, so you’ll be able to enjoy your adventure even more. Add XM®’s incredible line-up of programming, and the available XM® NavTraffic® and NavWeather™ features, you can stay on course and ahead of bad weather. XM Radio, NavTraffic and NavWeather are available on the 2013 Gold Wing Audio Comfort Navi XM, 2013 Gold Wing Audio Comfort Navi XM ABS, and 2013 Gold Wing Airbag models only. XM Radio requires a subscription, sold separately after the first 90 days.
Four Performance Packages.
We offer the Gold Wing in four distinct performance package options, with exclusive features like Premium Surround Audio; XM® Radio with Navigation, Traffic, and Weather; Trip Planner, a Tire Pressure Monitoring System, ABS, heated grips and seat, and even one with the industry’s first airbag.
- Transferable three-year limited warranty; extended coverage available with a Honda Protection Plan.
- Honda Genuine Accessories†
- Audio Accessories: 40-Channel CB Radio Kit, CB Antenna Kit, Deluxe Headsets (for open-face and full-face helmets), Push-to-Talk Switch, Replacement Headset Coil Cord, Replacement Headset Hardware Kit, Replacement Boom Mike Windsock
- Cargo Accessories: Saddlebag/Trunk Liner Set, Deluxe Saddlebag/Trunk Mat Set, Saddlebag Lid Organizer with GL Logo, Trunk Inner Light, Trunk Inner Light Harness, Chrome Trunk Rack, Inner Trunk Pouch, Fairing Pouch with GL Logo, Saddlebag Cooler with Honda Logo, Trunk Net, Coin Holder, Gold Wing Owner’s Manual Folio
- Convenience Accessories: Passenger Armrests, Tall Vented Windscreen, 12-Volt DC Accessory Socket Kit, Foglight Kit (LED)
- Protection Accessories: Cycle Cover with GL Logo, Half Cover
- Color Match Accessories: Rear Spoiler with Brake Light
- Chrome Appearance Accessories: Front Fender Ornament, GL Icon Fender Ornament, Front Fender Emblem, Front Fender Extension, Front Fender Rail, Front Disc Covers, Chrome Bar Ends, Gold Cylinder Head Cover Emblem Set, Silver Cylinder Head Cover Emblem Set, Passenger Floorboard Lower Covers, Swingarm Pivot Covers with GL Logo, Chrome Sidestand, Rear Spoiler Accent, Trunk Handle with GL Logo, License-Plate Frame with GL Logo, Exhaust Tips with GL Logo
|Engine Type||1832cc Liquid-Cooled horizontally opposed six-cylinder|
|Bore And Stroke||74mm x 71mm|
|Induction||Programmed Fuel Injection (PGM-FI)|
|Ignition||Computer-controlled digital with three-dimensional mapping|
|Valve||Train SOHC; two valves per cylinder|
|Transmission||Five-speed including Overdrive, plus electric Reverse|
|Front Suspension||45mm cartridge fork with anti-dive system, 4.8 inches travel|
|Rear Suspension||Pro Arm® single-side swingarm with Pro-Link® single shock with computer-controlled spring preload adjustment with two memory presets; 4.1 inches travel|
|Front Brake||Dual full-floating 296mm discs with CBS three-piston calipers|
|Rear Brake||Single ventilated 316mm disc with CBS three-piston caliper|
|Trail||109mm (4.3 inches)|
|Seat Height||29.1 inches|
|Curb Weight||904-933 pounds, depending on option packages selected (Includes all standard equipment, required fluids and a full tank of fuel-ready to ride)|
|Fuel Capacity||6.6 gallons|
|Miles Per Gallon||35 MPG|
|Emissions||Meets current California Air Resources Board (CARB) and EPA standards.|
|Available Colors||Ultra Blue Metallic, Candy Red, Light Silver Metallic, Grey Metallic|
|Warranty||Three Years Transferable, unlimited-mileage limited warranty; extended coverage available with a Honda Protection Plan.|