The Honda VT1300CXA Fury can be instantly recognized after its custom chopper look. The most notable design cues are the elongated, aerodynamic fuel tank, the old school headlight and the long front fork.
The motorcycle is propelled by a big 1,312 cc, liquid-cooled, 52-degree, V-twin engine that rewards you with a strong low-end and midrange torque. The engine cranks out 74 hp at 5000 rpm and its power is kept in leash by a five speed transmission.
The stopping power is assured by a Honda’s Combined Braking System with ABS - a strong combination that delivers first class performances.
The bike has also received an ingenious single-shock rear suspension with adjustable rebound damping and five-position spring preload adjustment that offers a comfortable ride.
As far as price is concerned, the Honda VT1300CXA Fury can be yours for not less than $13,999.
Hit the jump for more information on the Honda VT1300CXA Fury.
It looks like a piece of custom motorcycle art, but there’s so much more to the Honda VT1300CXA Fury than its radical appearance. This is a bike that you’ll want to ride, not just admire. Unlike some other wild customs, the Fury steers and rides with a predictability that makes you immediately feel comfortable and in control. A specially designed shaft-drive system cleanly and quietly transfers power from the big 1,312 cc V-twin engine to the huge 200-series rear tire, adding to the Fury’s uncluttered look while also keeping maintenance to a minimum. And if you need to stop in a hurry, Honda’s Combined Braking System with ABS provides both the operating ease of linked brakes and the control of an advanced anti-lock braking system. So don’t settle for ordinary. Ride the bike that sets you way apart from the crowd.
Engine and Drivetrain
- 1,312 cc liquid-cooled 52-degree V-twin delivers strong low-end and midrange torque, with ample power for passing and relaxed cruising.
- Powerplant design features special camshafts and a single-pin crankshaft to accentuate the engine’s character.
- Dual two-axis primary counterbalancers help to minimize harsh engine vibration without eliminating the powerful pulses transmitted by the traditional V-twin design.
- Each three-valve cylinder head features two 31 mm intake valves and a large 40 mm exhaust valve to produce optimum flow for the incoming air/fuel charge.
- Simple-to-service screw-and-locknut valve-clearance adjusters.
- Programmed fuel injection (PGM-FI) contributes to strong engine performance and low emissions.
- Electronic control unit (ECU) provides 3-D ignition maps for each cylinder, creating ideal spark advance settings for superb rideability and efficiency.
- Two spark plugs per cylinder for efficient combustion at all engine speeds.
- A unique dry-sump oil system utilizes a closed-crankcase design and places the oil tank inside the gearbox case. The result is a freer-revving engine for improved power and a lower engine height.
- Custom chromed shotgun-style exhaust system produces a unique deep exhaust note.
- The Fury is the only mass-produced chopper with shaft final drive for smooth, low-maintenance operation.
- Five-speed transmission with carefully selected gear ratios for exciting roll-on performance.
- The compact radiator is tucked neatly between the frame’s front downtubes for a clean look without hampering cooling performance.
- To maintain the remarkably uncluttered look between the front cylinder and the front downtube/radiator area, the top radiator hose is hidden away beneath the front valve cover.
- Automatic cam-chain tensioners reduce maintenance requirements.
- Reliable electric-starter system.
- Sturdy clutch utilizes a rubber clutch-centre damper to ensure smooth and quiet shifting.
Chassis and Suspension
- Combined Braking System with ABS provides both the operating ease of linked front and rear brakes and the control of an advanced Anti-lock Braking System.
- High-mount steering head gives the frame a see-through, open-air look with plenty of breathing room between the tank/upper frame and the front cylinder head.
- Eight-spoke alloy wheels hold a fat 200-series rear tire paired with a slim 21-inch front tire.
- A long wheelbase — the Fury stretches a full 1,805 mm (71.1 in.) between the axles — accentuates the chopper look and allows an ultra-low 685 mm (27 in.) seat height.
- The Fury’s sleek lines cloak an ingenious single-shock rear suspension system with adjustable rebound damping and five-position spring preload adjustment for superb riding comfort that’s far above the norm for a chopper-style motorcycle.
- The LED taillight is tucked cleanly into the back of the rear fender, and the fender itself lacks visible stays. The result is a clean and smooth shape that complements the Fury’s uncluttered look.
- A metallic finish to the engine cases combines with ample chrome to create a gleaming centrepiece for the Fury.
- Riding solo? The passenger seat can be removed to give the Fury an even more stripped-down appearance.
- A wide selection of Honda Genuine Accessories allow you to add your personal touch.
|Engine Type||Liquid-cooled 52-degree V-twin|
|Bore & Stroke||89.5 mm x 104.3 mm|
|Valve Train||Chain-driven SOHC, 3 valves per cylinder|
|Fuel Delivery||PGM-FI electronic fuel injection|
|Horsepower @ RPM||74 @ 5000|
|Torque @ RPM||79 @ 2250|
|Front Suspension||45 mm fork; 102 mm (4 in.) travel|
|Rear Suspension||Single shock with adjustable rebound damping and six-position spring preload adjustability; 95 mm (3.7 in.) travel|
|Tires||90/90 - 21 front; 200/50R - 18 rear|
|Brakes||Front single 336 mm disc with triple-piston caliper; rear 296 mm disc with dual-piston caliper. Combined Braking System with ABS (Anti-lock Braking System)|
|Seat Height||685 mm (27 in.)|
|Wheelbase||1,805 mm (71.1 in.)|
|Curb Weight||308 kg (679 lb) including required fluids and full tank of gas - ready to ride|
|Fuel Capacity||12.8 litres|
|Warranty||12 months, unlimited mileage, freely transferable warranty; extended coverage available with Honda Plus|