The Honda XL1000V Varadero is a true adventurer designed to deal with anything you ask of it without any compromise. At the heart of this mechanical Spartan lies a strong V-twin, Liquid-cooled, 4-stroke, 8-valve, DOHC 90° engine which is already famous for its reliability.
The engine is mated on a six speed transmission and puts out a maximum power of 69kW at 7,500 rpm. The 4-stroke unit features a Programmed Fuel Injection system which always injects the right amount of fuel per cylinder based on specific engine data to maintain strong power and responsive performance in any conditions.
As far as suspensions are concerned, Honda XL1000V Varadero is fitted with a Pro-Link Rear suspension with monoshock and a front cartridge-type fork.
The stopping power is handled by front and rear disc brakes with ABS.
The Honda XL1000V Varadero is offered with a starting price of £9,125.
The XL1000V Varadero makes every journey a welcome escape, whether you’re aiming to reach the highest peak by the end of the day or simply beat the traffic for a stress-free commute. Powered by a strong reliable V-twin engine, and boasting a comfortably contoured seat and a wide windscreen, it offers a superbly comfortable ride for you and a passenger, and welcome wind protection. The handling is smooth and nimble and the long-travel suspension accommodating enough to negotiate unpredictable off-road surfaces as well as city streets. A combined ABS version offers effortlessly responsive brake control and its imposing, angular bodywork and focused, gleaming contours exude an air of confidence that matches its long experience, exhilarating performance capabilities and outstanding reputation for reliability. The ever-eager Varadero is happy to tackle any riding situation, and always ready for a change of scenery.
- EURO-3. Complies with EURO-3 emissions regulations.
- Pro-Link Rear Suspension. Monoshock rear suspension utilises a triangular linkage system to progressively increase damping force through range of rear swingarm movement.
- Honda Multi-Action System. Cartridge-type front fork and rear damper design ensures a confident balance of compliant damping and precise handling.
- Honda Ignition Security System. Only allows the bike to be started by its original encoded keys to effectively protect against theft.
- Combined Antilock Brake System.Optimises the balance of front and rear braking control while counteracting tyre slip when braking over variable road conditions.
- Programmed Fuel Injection. Map-type computerised system maintains strong power and responsive performance in all conditions.
- Honda Evolutional Catalysing System. Oxygen-sensing system maintains an optimal air fuel mixture for the most effective catalytic reduction of exhaust emissions.
|Engine Type||Liquid-cooled 4-stroke 8-valve DOHC 90° V-twin|
|Compression Ratio||9.8: 1|
|Bore & Stroke||98 x 66mm|
|Ignition||Computer-controlled digital transistorised with electronic advance|
|Max. Power Output||69kW/7,500min-1 (95/1/EC)|
|Carburation||PGM-FI electronic fuel injection|
|Max. Torque||98Nm/6,000min-1 (95/1/EC)|
|Final Drive||O-ring sealed chain|
|Length x Width x Height||2,300 x 930 x 1,465mm|
|Fuel Capacity||25litres (including 4-litre warning light reserve)|
|Wheels Front||Hollow-section triple-spoke cast aluminium, 19M/C x MT2.5|
|Suspension Rear||Pro-Link damper with 40-step spring preload (and stepless rebound damping) adjustment, 145mm axle travel|
|Brakes Front||ABS 296 x 4.5mm dual hydraulic disc with Combined 3-piston callipers and sintered metal pads|
|Wheels Rear||Hollow-section triple-spoke cast aluminium, 17M/C x MT4|
|Tyres Rear||150/70-R17M/C (69H)|
|Brakes Rear||ABS 256 x 5mm hydraulic disc with Combined 3-piston calliper and sintered metal pads|
|Tyres Front||110/80-R19M/C (59H)|
|Suspension Front||43mm telescopic fork, 155mm axle travel|