If you love adventures on two wheels it will be hard not to fall in love with the Honda XL700V Transalp. This unique motorcycle was born to ride on the windy roads through the mountains and to cut through the dust of the deserts without complaining.
At its core lies a liquid-cooled 4-stroke 8-valve SOHC 52° Vtwin engine that is paired with a five speed transmission. Fire up the engine and you’ll be assaulted by 60 Newton meters of torque which are ready to bite the pavement with greed. Needless to say that the engine features Honda’s PGM-FI electronic fuel injection system which further enhances the engine’s performances in any condition.
For maximum safety, the motorcycle was blessed with a modern Combined Antilock Brake System which optimizes the stopping power according to the road conditions.
The Honda XL700V Transalp is available with a starting price of £6,850.
Hit the jump for more information on the Honda XL700V Transalp.
The XL700V Transalp is a highly versatile mid-sized motorcycle. Its Adventure Sports styling is characterised by compact, sporty bodywork and unique graphics. The heart of the XL700V Transalp is a smooth-revving 680cc fuel-injected V-twin engine. It delivers impressive roll-on acceleration and strong, torque-filled performance, especially in its wide midrange. A natural riding position and reliable Pro-Link rear suspension increase the bikes versatility for commuting and urban transport as well as adventures off the beaten path. A long-travel front suspension system, wide tyres and strong, responsive C-ABS brakes add to the feeling of control and ensure smooth, confident braking in all circumstances while the narrow front cowl features a neatly integrated windscreen for excellent wind protection. Smooth and stylish as well as ruggedly durable, the XL700V Transalp as a true all-rounder is great.
- EURO-3. Complies with EURO-3 emissions regulations.
- Pro-Link Rear Suspension. Monoshock rear suspension utilises a triangular linkage system to progressively increase damping force through range of rear swingarm movement.
- Honda Ignition Security System. Only allows the bike to be started by its original encoded keys to effectively protect against theft.
- Combined Antilock Brake System.Optimises the balance of front and rear braking control while counteracting tyre slip when braking over variable road conditions.
- Programmed Fuel Injection. Map-type computerised system maintains strong power and responsive performance in all conditions.
- Honda Evolutional Catalysing System. Oxygen-sensing system maintains an optimal air fuel mixture for the most effective catalytic reduction of exhaust emissions.
|Ignition||Digital transistorised with electronic advance|
|Max. Torque||60Nm / 5,500min-1 (95/1/EC)|
|Compression Ratio||10 : 1|
|Carburation||PGM-FI electronic fuel injection|
|Bore & Stroke||81 × 66 mm|
|Max. Power Output||44.1kW / 7,750min-1 (95/1/EC)|
|Final Drive||O-ring sealed chain|
|Seat Height||841 mm|
|Fuel Capacity||17.5 litres (including 3-litre reserve)|
|Engine Type||Liquid-cooled 4-stroke 8-valve SOHC 52° Vtwin|
|Ground Clearance||177 mm|
|Length x Width x Height||2,250 x 905 x 1,305mm|
|Weight KERB weight||218kg (F: 105kg; R:113kg)|
|Wheels Front||Aluminium rim/wire spoke|
|Wheels Rear||Aluminium rim/Tangentially Located (TL) spoke|
|Tyres Rear||130/80 R17M/C (65H)|
|Suspension Rear||Pro-Link with adjustable compression damping, 173 mm axle travel|
|Suspension Front||41 mm leading-axle telescopic fork,177 mm axle travel|
|Brakes Front||256 × 4 mm dual hydraulic disc with dual-piston Combined three-piston callipers, ABS and sintered metal pads|
|Brakes Rear||240 × 6 mm hydraulic disc with Combined single-piston calliper, ABS and resin mould pads|
|Tyres Front||100/90 R19M/C (57H)|