When it comes to sporty off road riding, the Honda CRF250R is one of the most appreciated bikes in its class.
Thanks to its light weight, easy maneuverability and long travel suspensions, the motorcycle can deal effortless with anything you ask of it.
Its backbone is represented by a new low-CG aluminum frame which is paired with a revised fork and a fresh swingarm. Power comes from a liquid cooled, single cylinder, four stroke engine which has a displacement of 249 cc. The unit features a series of significant upgrades which help it deliver superior performances. Among them you’ll find a high compression piston, new cylinder head and porting a lighter radiator and new dual-stage fuel injection timing. The engine’s power is transferred to the rear wheel via a revised close-ratio five-speed transmission.
The Honda CRF250R is priced at $7,599.
Hit the jump for more information on the 2014 Honda CRF250R.
The New CRF250R. The Best Just Got Better.
The best-handling bike in the 250 class just got a whole lot better. That’s because Honda’s CRF250R is all new for 2014, with a major emphasis on doing what a 250 does best: offer precise, nimble, tack-sharp handling. So what did we do? First, we gave it our new, low-CG aluminum frame. Next, there’s an updated fork, a new swingarm, a new shock and new linkage ratio. Finally, we added our patented dual-muffler exhaust –- all of these come together to make the new CRF250R handle better than ever.
Honda didn’t stop there. Engine changes include a new, high-compression piston, new cylinder head and porting, a lighter radiator and new dual-stage fuel injection timing that offers crisp low to mid range power. Add it all up and you can see that the bike that Wil Hahn rode to win the 2013 250SX East title is even better for 2014!
2014 Honda CRF250R Key Features:
Lower CG = Better Handling
By moving the main chassis spars downward, the 2014 CRF250R features a lower center of gravity. The result? Improved handling, and a perfect match of suspension action, steering feedback, and chassis balance and compliance.
Twice as Good
Like our CRF450R, the new CRF250R uses our exclusive twin-muffler exhaust system. Compared to a single-muffler setup, the CRF’s mufflers are way shorter, lower and tucked in much closer to the bike’s center of mass. That helps make the CRF250R more of a “whip and scrub” demon, and also contributes to the bike’s improved power, while keeping it quiet at 94db.
Updated Showa Fork
The CRF250R’s updated Showa fork features new settings with full compression and rebound-damping functions in each leg for balanced, proven performance.
More Control, Less Effort
Developed by our factory racing team, the Honda Progressive Steering Damper is lightweight, compact and enhances cornering ability while reducing rider fatigue.
Not Just More Power, Better Power
A new cylinder head, new higher-compression piston, and new dual-stage PGM-FI timing for the CRF250R’s fuel injection are fine-tuned to work with the new dual exhaust to give you more low-end horsepower and more freerev up top.
2014 Honda CRF250R Features and Benefits:
• Honda Progressive Steering Damper (HPSD): Our HPSD has been purpose-built to help deliver precise steering at all points on the track, from acceleration to braking, whoops to hardpack. So you can hit your line from the opening gate through the final lap.
• Works-Style Brakes: Honda’s MX bikes have always had great brakes on the track, and the 2014 CRF250R continues that tradition. Front and rear discs with factory-spec master cylinders help you out brake the other guy into the turns. The front and rear rotor covers are new too.
• New Fuel Tank: We increased fuel capacity this year, and that means you can ride longer motos before pulling in for gas.
• 249cc Unicam® Engine: A new cylinder head, higher-compression piston, head porting and new dual-stage injector timing for the CRF250R’s fuel injection are fine-tuned to work with the new dual exhaust to give you more low-end horsepower and more freerev up top.
• PGM-FI: The CRF250R’s fuel injection makes a big difference with a bike in this class. New settings this year include dual-stage injector timing and a new injector angle for improved low and mid-range performance. This technology provides smooth and consistent power with an improved throttle response. And fine-tuning it to specific track conditions is easier than ever with our HRC Fuel-Injection Setting Tool.
• New Transmission: Honda made the gears in the CRF250R’s new transmission wider to increase durability and better handle the bike’s increased power.
• New Swingarm and Rear Shock: Honda didn’t stop with the new frame. A new swingarm, linkage and Showa rear shock helps the bike hook up better under all types of track conditions.
• Short Twin-Muffler Exhaust System: The new CRF250R uses an exclusive twin-muffler setup. The mufflers are way shorter and lower tucking in much closer to the bike’s center of mass. That helps make the CRF250R a better handling machine, and also contributes to the bike’s improved power.
|Engine type||Liquid-cooled single-cylinder four-stroke|
|Bore and Stroke||76.8mm x 53.8mm|
|Induction||Dual-Timing Programmed Fuel Injection (PGM-FI), 46mm throttle body|
|Ignition||Full transistor with electronic advance|
|Valve Train||Unicam®, four-valve; 30.5mm intake, titanium; 25mm exhaust, steel|
|Final Drive||#520 Chain; 13T/49T|
|Front Suspension||48mm inverted Showa cartridge fork with 16-position rebound and 16-position compression damping adjustability; 12.2 inches travel|
|Rear Suspension||Pro-Link® Showa single shock with spring preload, 17-position rebound damping adjustability, and compression-damping adjustment separated into low-speed (13 positions) and high-speed (3.5 turns); 12.3 inches travel|
|Front Brake||Single 240mm disc with twin-piston caliper|
|Rear Brake||Single 240mm disc|
|Front Tire||Dunlop MX51FA 80/100-21|
|Rear Tire||Dunlop MX51 100/90-19|
|Rake||27° 23’ (Caster Angle)|
|Trail||118mm (4.6 inches)|
|Seat Height||37.4 inches|
|Curb Weight||231 pounds (Includes all standard equipment, required fluids and a full tank of fuel–ready to ride)|
|Fuel Capacity||1.66 gallons|
|Ground Clearance||12.7 inches|