The Honda Forza has recently entered on the North American market. The scooter is offered with a starting price of $10,000 and is powered by a 279 cc, liquid-cooled, SOHC, four-valve engine which is paired with a V-Matic automatic transmission.
The engine cranks out a maximum power of 24.5 HP and 19 ft-lbs of torque which is more than enough to help you a get close to 100 mph without any problems. This means that the scooter is able to deal pretty good with highway traffic too.
Honda is designing maxi scooters for quite some time now and its long experience help it learn how to smartly maximize the storage places. Thereby, the Honda Forza features a fairly spacious under seat compartment paired with a decently sized glovebox that can be found up front. Moreover, the front left nook is lockable and contains a 12V accessory socket.
Hit the jump for more information on the Honda Forza.
Put your money down now to prevent letdown. Secure your Forza today!
Your active lifestyle keeps you constantly on the go. Slow down? That can wait for later. Much later. It’s not easy finding one vehicle that fits all your get-around needs. Until now. The new Honda Forza is just the ticket for anyone looking for an easy to use, fuel-efficient, convenient and super-fun way to get from point A to point B – or all the way to point Z. Light and sporty for limber handling on a quick blast across town, the Forza is also plenty roomy and powerful enough to take both you and a friend on a far-away adventure. And whether you’re heading to the office, grabbing some groceries, or packing for a weekend getaway, you’ll be amazed at how much you can cram in the huge storage area under the seat – it’s big enough to fit even two full-face helmets plus a bit more. With 279 cc of smooth and reliable Honda four-stroke power, a V-Matic automatic transmission, a sleek protective fairing, Honda’s renowned Combined Braking System with ABS, and lots of other cool features, the Forza will quickly become your newest BFF. Slow down? No way. Grab a Forza, and kick your life into an even higher gear.
Engine and Drivetrain
- The Forza’s 279 cc liquid-cooled SOHC four-valve engine has been tuned to deliver strong performance from low to high rpm plus excellent fuel economy. Combined with the V-Matic automatic transmission, the result is crisp and responsive performance with plenty of power for the highway and instant acceleration around town.
- Using highly efficient PGM-FI fuel injection and a dual-core catalyzer in the exhaust, the engine is Euro 3 compliant.
Chassis and Suspension
- Featuring Honda patented technology, the frame is built in two parts to provide the optimum balance between rigidity and just the right amount of flex in certain areas. The result is nimble steering in the city, stability at speed, and a supple ride everywhere.
- A sturdy 35 mm fork, twin rear shocks and a double-sided aluminum swingarm combine for a comfortable and reassuring ride – solo or two-up.
- Cast aluminum wheels with 120/70 - 14 front and 140/70 - 13 rear tires provide sure-footed grip and stability.
- Strong, safe braking is assured thanks to the Forza’s front 256 mm disc with dual-piston caliper and rear 240 mm disc with single-piston caliper, controlled via Honda’s Combined Braking System (CBS) with ABS. With CBS, the rear brake lever also operates the front brake (the front brake lever operates only the front brake), which enhances control particularly in a sudden stop.
- The Forza’s sleek bodywork provides superb weather protection, but it’s compact enough that squeezing through tight spaces is never a problem.
- The low 716 mm height of the ergonomically shaped dual seat makes the Forza very easy to manage for riders of all sizes.
- The seat pops opens via a switch to reveal a luggage compartment capable of holding two full-face helmets.
- Dual fairing pockets store items where they’re easy to get at; on the left side a large-capacity box can be opened, closed and locked via a switch located beside the main key. It also features a 12V power socket to plug in optional accessories.
- Rear passenger footpegs fold out when needed and a die-cast aluminum grab rail is built into the rear of the bodywork for a secure hold.
- Range from the 11.6-litre fuel tank is approximately 354 kilometres thanks to excellent fuel consumption of 30.8 km/l (WMTC mode) which means plenty of riding fun between fill-ups.
- The comprehensive dash includes speedometer, clock, dual trip meters, fuel and temperature gauges, and oil-level warning light.
- Twin 35/35W headlight bulbs and efficient multi-reflector optics provide excellent forward vision at night.
- Honda’s HISS (Honda Ignition Security System) provides peace of mind against theft. If the ID chip embedded in the ignition key and the ID in the ECU (Engine Control Unit) do not match, the engine will not start. Even if attempts are made to hot-wire the engine, or substitute the ignition switch module, the engine will not start because it’s the ECU that’s in control.
|Engine Type||Liquid-cooled single-cylinder four-stroke|
|Bore & Stroke||72 mm x 68.5 mm|
|Power||24.5 HP @ 8250 RPM, 19 ft-lbs torque @ 6000 RPM|
|Valve Train||SOHC, 4 valves|
|Fuel Delivery||PGM-FI electronic fuel injection|
|Front Suspension||35 mm fork; travel tba|
|Rear Suspension||Twin shocks; travel tba|
|Tires||120/70 - 14 front; 140/70 - 13 rear|
|Brakes||Front 256 mm disc with dual-piston caliper; rear 240 mm disc with single-piston caliper. Combined Braking System with ABS|
|Seat Height||716 mm (28.2 in.)|
|Wheelbase||1,546 mm (60.9 in.)|
|Curb Weight||194 kg (428 lb) including required fluids and full tank of gas - ready to ride|
|Fuel Capacity||11.6 litres|
|Colour||Seal Silver Metallic, Pure Red|
|Warranty||12 months, unlimited mileage, freely transferable warranty; extended coverage available with Honda Plus|