- 4 speed
- 125 cc
Meet the new 2014 Honda Grom 125 – a lightweight machine that promise to reward you with a fun riding experience. Judging by its specs the new Grom 125 is technically a pumped up scooter, as its powered by a fuel-injected 125cc, single cylinder, air cooled, four stroke engine which sends its power to a set of fat tyres wrapped around 12 inch rims.
As far as style is concerned, we’ll have t admit that the Honda Grom 125 looks pretty cool. We kinda like how Honda’s engineers have managed to combine the tiny rims with that sporty bodywork and those shiny gold forks.
This funky stance reminds us about the 1969 CT70 which has clearly served as source of inspiration for Honda’s designers.
We won’t argue about the price either, as $2,999 seems a fairly legit number for what this bike has to offer. The Honda Grom 125 will be available in showrooms this August.
Hit the jump for the 2014 Honda Grom 125.
Okay, admit it: When you first look at the sporty and compact Grom™ you just have to smile. And no matter how long you’ve been riding, you just want to throw a leg over this bike and twist the throttle. It’s an excellent fit for both new and experienced riders, but to Gen Y buyers in particular the Grom carries a bit of attitude while promising fun times: the compact frame size, low seat, inverted front fork and hydraulic disc brakes make this the real deal. The fuel-injected 125cc engine delivers lots of torque, the 4-speed manual transmission works just like any other full-sized bike, the maneuverability and handling make it a joy to ride, and there’s even room for a passenger. Factor in its efficient size with an affordable price, and there’s just no way you can pass up this chance to get out and ride. Because no matter who you are, the Grom will keep you smiling, ride after ride.
Honda’s 2014 Grom™ is a fresh, new way to add some fun, practicality, independence and style to your life. Fun: This new machine is a blast to ride, offering all the excitement of a full-sized motorcycle but in a package that just about anyone old enough to have a license can handle. Practical: The Grom’s thrifty Honda engine means you can run it on pocket change, and you can park it just about anywhere too.
Independence: With your own wheels, you can bag the bus and forget about having to beg for rides from your friends or—shudder—your Mom. Stylish: Check out the Grom for yourself. And then think of it as a blank canvas, waiting for you to customize it.
The new Honda Grom. Big attitude. Ride one and see.
The key to a great motorcycle is starting with a great motor, and Honda makes the best. The new Grom features a low-maintenance, fuel-injected, single-cylinder engine. Electric starting makes it a snap to get going, and a standard motorcycle transmission gives you the control you want.
The new Grom may be small, but when it comes to features it’s all Honda. The four-speed transmission works just like a full-sized bike’s so you get plenty of performance and control. Hydraulic disc brakes front and rear give you excellent stopping power.
The new Grom feels even lower than its 29.7-inch seat height, thanks to the bike’s light weight, low center of gravity, and narrow seat/tank junction. All that adds up to maximum fun.
- Single-cylinder 125cc SOHC four-stroke engine packs a perfect blend of performance with impressive fuel efficiency plus accessible and fun all-around ability.
- The engine uses low-friction technology such as an offset cylinder and a roller rocker arm for the valve gear.
- Programmed Fuel Injection (PGM-FI) offers excellent throttle response over a wide range of riding conditions by continuously monitoring several variables to ensure the correct fuel mixture for the existing riding and atmospheric conditions.
- The four-speed gearbox is managed via a manual clutch and offers smooth and consistent gear changes.
- Compact chassis features a sturdy steel frame.
- Telescopic inverted 31mm front fork, like a full-size motorcycle, delivers 3.9 inches of well-controlled travel.
- Steel box-section rear swingarm and a sturdy single shock yield 4.1 inches of comfortable rear-wheel travel.
- Single front 220mm disc with hydraulic dual-piston caliper and single rear 190mm disc with hydraulic single-piston caliper deliver strong stopping power.
- Compact 47.4-inch wheelbase and light curb weight of 225 pounds results in amazing agility to boost rider confidence.
- LCD digital dash includes speedometer, odometer/A&B tripmeters, clock and fuel gauge.
- Available in Pearl Red and Metallic Black.
- Transferable one-year limited warranty; extended coverage available with a Honda Protection Plan.
Forget about big, bulky taillights—the Grom’s LED lamp is bright and clear.
Who says being practical can’t be fun? With its 1.45-gallon fuel tank you can venture far and economically too.
Want to share the fun with a friend? No problem—the Grom makes it easy to bring a passenger along.
The Grom’s stylized bodywork makes a big statement and is sure to get attention wherever you ride
Single Rear Shock
You get a plush ride, even over choppy pavement thanks to the Grom’s single hydraulic rear shock.
The Grom’s four-speed transmission gives you all the durability, control and efficiency of a conventional motorcycle.
Hydraulic Disc Brakes
The Grom features powerful (220mm front and 190mm rear) disc brakes for both front and rear stopping power.
Multi-Function Digital Instruments
Instrument display features speedometer, odometer, tachometer, A&B trip meters, fuel gauge, clock, and indicator for low/high beam.
Combined Projector-Style Headlight
Practical and unique looking, the Grom’s combined projector-style headlight is a major styling element and also allows great visibility at night.
125cc Fuel-Injected Engine
Nobody can match Honda’s reputation for engines, and even though the Grom may be
compact, it’s a giant in terms of performance and reliability.
12-inch 10-spoke Wheels
Tough and strong, these cast wheels and wide tires are just what the urban rider needs.
|US MSRP Price||$2,999 USD|
|Engine Type||124.9cc air-cooled single-cylinder four-stroke|
|Induction||PGM-FI with automatic enrichment|
|Bore and Stroke||52.4mm x 57.9mm|
|Valve Train||SOHC; two valves per cylinder|
|Front Suspension||31mm inverted fork; 3.9 inches travel|
|Rear Suspension||Single shock with steel box-section swingarm; 4.1 inches travel|
|Front Brake||Single 220mm disc with hydraulic dual-piston caliper|
|Rear Brake||Single 190mm disc with hydraulic single-piston caliper|
|Rake (Caster Angle)||25.0°|
|Trail||81mm (3.2 inches)|
|Seat Height||29.7 inches|
|Curb Weight||225 pounds (Includes all standard equipment, required fluids and full tank of fuel-ready to ride.)|
|Fuel Capacity||1.45 gallons|
|Available Colors||Pearl Red, Metallic Black|
|FACTORY WARRANTY INFORMATION||One Year Unlimited-mileage limited warranty; extended coverage available with a Honda Protection Plan.|