Husqvarna seems to know how important it is for kinds to have the right tool to start their riding days on as they launch two new 50cc models for youngsters – the CR 50 and SM 50. The first a mini cross model and the second a mini motard, both machines are based on the principle that if you have young riders that are hooked on to a manufacturer from the start, they’ll probably stick with it for as long as they ride.
Basically, the 2011 model years are very simple. They both feature the same engine – a 50cc single-cylinder two-stroke developing just under 12 horsepower – and chassis – CrMo frame, Marzocchi fork, Sachs shock absorber and aluminum wheels. These lasts are also the ones that make the difference between the two models.
Overall, the bikes look great with their racy plastics and decals, which is exactly what the little fellows want. Hit the jump for the official press release and specifications.
HUSQVARNA CR AND SM 50 - THE NEW MINI CROSS AND MOTARD FROM HUSQVARNA
The essence of a real dirt bike and supermotard in miniature.This is the nature of the new Husqvarna CR and SM 50, the “mini” that have everything you need to make your debut as a real rider.
Liquid cooled two stroke engines, disc brakes, adjustable suspensions, steel chassis with the same shape as the Husqvarna racing bike, single cylinder engine with dual clutch transmission depending on the driver’s expertise and competitiveness.
The line is the same as the Husqvarna dirt bike and Supermotard; with the classic white/red colours for the CR version and white for the SM one, just like the bike that Antoine Meo rides in the Enduro world championship and Adrien Chareyre rides in Supermoto.
The framework is in CrMo steel tubes with rectangular, circular and oval section; the most visible section as it connects the upper beam to the hub.The rear frame is detachable.
The fork is also in CrMo steel and supports a dual piston brake caliper in forged and anodized aluminium.The rear brake disc has a diameter of 140 mm while the front one has a diameter of 160 mm with race replica "daisy" design.
Front safety is guaranteed by a system with Formula radial pump in forged and anodized aluminium with adjustable aluminium lever.
The handlebar, with practical Husqvarna personalized pads, has a diameter of 22 mm.
As regards suspension, the Marzocchi fork has 32 mm diameter piston rods and 185 mm stroke.The Sachs shock absorber has a wheel stroke of 200 mm , adjustable spring preload and Hydraulic rebound.
The front wheel is 12” the back one is 10” with aluminium rims, while SM version has a different colour, different sized front wheel (10”) and racing slick tyres.
As regards the engine, both versions are fitted with a liquid cooled two stroke 50 cc engine which supplies 11.2 HP at 10,500 rpm. The speed ratio is single gear with adjustable centrifugal dual clutch transmission:one configuration for learner riders and one for experts.
The carburettor is a 19 mm Orto PHBG.The fuel tank has a capacity of 2.7 litres.
Thanks to the stability offered by the steel framework, the over-dimensioned suspensions and the disc brake system, the CR/SM 50 sets new standards in terms of safety and at the same time represents the starting point for tomorrow’s motocross , enduro and supermoto champions.
Dimensions, weight, capacities
- Wheelbase: mm/in. 995 / 39.17
- Overall lenght: mm/in. 1400 / 55.12
- Overall width: mm/in. 655 / 25.79
- Overall height: mm/in. 880 / 34.65
- Saddle height: mm/in. 680 / 26.77
- Min. ground clearance: mm/in. 250 / 9.84
- Trail: mm/in. 55 / 2.17
- Kerb weight, without fuel: Kg/lb. 43.4 / 95.68
- Fuel tank capacity: l 2.7
- U.S. Gallons 0.71
- Imp. Gallons 0.59
- Transmission oil: l 1.15
- U.S. Quarts 0.253
- Imp. Quarts 0.303
- Type: Single cylinder, two stroke
- Bore: mm/in. 39.5 / 1.56
- Stroke: mm/in. 40 / 1.57
- Displacement: cm3/cu.in. 49 / 2.99
- Compression ratio: 7.12:1
- Starting: Kick Starter
- Cooling: By liquid
- Water radiator: N°/No 2 (Without electric fan)
- Engine Lubrication
- Fuel-oil premixture of 25:1
- Transmission- primary drive
- By the oil contained in the crankcase
- Ignition type: C.D.I. electronic
- Spark plug type: "NGK" BR8ECM
- Spark plug gap: mm/in 0.7 / 0.031
- Fuel system type: Carburettor
- Manufacturer: DELL’ORTO PHBG 19
- Main Jet: 85
- Pilot Jet: 65
- Clutch type: Dry, centrifugal type
- Friction parts no: 3
- Transmission type: Single gear type
- Secondary drive
- Transmission sprocket: Z/Teeth 10
- Rear wheel sprocket: Z/Teeth 43
- Transmission ratio: 4.3
- Type: 1/2x3/16"
- Frame: Steel single tube cradle; steel rear frame
- Front suspension: "Upside-Down" telescopic hydraulic fork with advanced axle
- Fork legs dia.: mm/in. 32 /1.26
- Travel on legs axis: mm/in. 185 / 7.28
- Front fork manufacturer: "MARZOCCHI"
- Progressive type: "Soft Damp" type with single hydraulic shock absorber; spring preload adjustment
- Wheel travel: mm/in. 200 / 7.87
- Shock absorber manufacturer: "SACHS"
- Front brake: Fixed disc and caliper with hydraulic control
- Disc dia.: mm/in 160 / 6.3
- Rear brake: Fixed disc and caliper with hydraulic control
- Disc dia.: mm/in 140 / 5.51
- Front rim material: LEGA LEGGERA / Light alloy
- Size: 1,5x12” / 1,5x10” on the SM model
- Rear rim material: LEGA LEGGERA / Light alloy
- Size: 1,6x10” / 1,5x10” on the SM model
- Front tire: "PIRELLI" SCORPION
- Size: 60/100-12" 36M / 90/90-10” on the SM model
- Rear tire: "PIRELLI" SCORPION
- Size: 2.75-10 37J NHS / 90/90-10” on the SM model