- Water cooled 4-stroke in-line two-cylinder
- 6-speed constant mesh
- Horsepower @ RPM:
- 57 @ 8500
- Torque @ RPM:
- 74 @ 7000
- Unleaded super, minimum octane rating 95 (RON)
- 898 cc
- Top Speed:
- 124 mph
The 2013 Husqvarna Nuda 900 is the less aggressive version of the Nuda 900 R and is aimed at those who want a more relaxed riding experience.
The motorcycle is powered by the same 898 cc water cooled 4-stroke in-line two-cylinder engine which also propels Nuda 900R. In terms of performances, the engine has enough power to send the motorcycle to a maximum speed of over 200 km/h.
Other similarities between the two models include the exposed trellis frame, high-level exhaust and sporty style.
As far as differences are concerned, the 2013 Husqvarna Nuda 900 comes with a lower ride height, softer 48mm Sachs front forks and a smoother feel, fully-adjustable Sachs monoshock double-level seat.
The stopping power is assured by Brembo four-piston radial calipers.
On the list of the available accessories you’ll find a high windshield and adjustable panniers.
Hit the jump for more information on the Husqvarna Nuda 900.
Arguably less aggressive and less menacing, the Nuda 900 sends out a clear statement of intent that performance, style and comfort can be designed and engineered into a motorcycle.
The Nuda 900 shares its engine with the 900 R but is styled to appeal to those who prefer a more relaxed, smoother ride, often with a pillion passenger.
Small changes, big difference
Brought to life in the same ’Centro Stile’ studios in Milan, the all-black 900cc Husqvarna shares its exposed trellis frame, high-level exhaust and sporty, dynamic looks with the premium priced ’R’ model. Subtle but important differences include: Lower ride height than the Nuda 900 R for a more relaxed, user-friendly ride 48mm Sachs front forks for a smoother feel Fully-adjustable Sachs monoshock Double-level seat for greater pillion comfort Brembo four-piston radial callipers for ample stopping power
Coming to a street near you
Minimalist in design, tuned for performance and with a full range of touring accessories available such as a high windshield and adjustable panniers, the athletic Nuda 900 is a revolutionary new Husqvarna for the road. We invite beginners and expert riders to come and experience a thrilling new motorcycle and become part of this latest chapter in our proud and successful heritage.
Agile at low speeds, stable at high speeds
The Nuda 900 R is designed with stylish intent and is engineered to thrill. Bold and fresh Italian styling only hint at its possibilities, but don’t just look at it, we invite you to come and ride one at your nearest Husqvarna dealer.
Husqvarna Motorcycles is an international manufacturer of offroad and onroad motorcycles, originally founded in Sweden. The company joined the BMW Group in 2007 and has since been profiting from a dynamic and sustained boost to its innovative power.
Today, Husqvarna Motorcycles is headquartered in the North Italian town of Cassinetta di Biandronno in the Varese province and can look back on over one hundred years of traditional motorcycle building. This makes Husqvarna Motorcycles the world’s oldest motorcycle maker with an unbroken history of production, which has turned out a large number of championship winners.
For instance, the history of Husqvarna Motorcycles has recorded huge successes in international offroad racing, reaping eighty two championship titles to date. Husqvarna Motorcycles could also celebrate road racing victories in the twenties and thirties. It was therefore only logical to supplement its present model range with dynamic, sporty motorcycles for onroad riding.
Developed jointly with BMW Motorrad, the Husqvarna Nuda 900 and Husqvarna Nuda 900R models helped Husqvarna Motorcycles to make its comeback on the onroad motorcycle segment in 2011. Presenting the purist, sporty design language so characteristic of Husqvarna Motorcycles, these two crossover bikes form the dynamic riding bridge between the Supermoto and the naked bike, defying all attempts at categorisation.
Besides their daring, vital visual appeal, they also offer a sporty, dynamic riding experience where agility and performance enter into a harmonious union. As soon as they arrived, their dynamic riding properties were howered with praises from the trade press.
In just a short time, the list of their awards grew to a considerable size. For example, the Husqvarna Nuda 900R received the 2012 red dot award “best of the best”. The red dot award was established in 1955 and has since ranked among the world’s most significant awards on the sector of product design.
Not only that, the two Nuda models also won the favour of many MOTORRAD readers in the magazine’s 2012 Reader Awards, when they took their place on the winner’s rostrum in the Supermoto/Enduro categories. Last but not least,initial sales figures verify that the Nuda 900 and Nuda 900R meet the taste of many active riding motorcycle fans.
- Stripped to the bare essentials and exuding attitude and aggression in equal measures, the Nuda 900 R’s credentials are there for all to see.
- The Nuda 900 and Nuda 900R are now available with optional ABS for even greater braking safety.
- Husqvarna Motorcycles has now made further optimisations to its Nuda 900 and Nuda 900R, and will be fitting the optional safety feature ABS ex works to these purist, road ready sports bikes weighing only 195 kg each. Yet the Nuda 900 and Nuda 900R continue to rely on their established engineering basis. Their drive remains unchanged as a refined version of the BMW F 800 R two cylinder engine, delivering 77 kW (105 hp) at 8500 rpm and a max torque of 100 Nm at 7000 rpm.
- The suspension for the Nuda 900 and Nuda 900R is fitted on a torsionally rigid and lightweight tubular space frame of steel that integrates the engine as an additional supporting element. High quality suspension elements (the Nuda 900R features a fully configurable Öhlins rear spring strut with height adjustment) will thrill the more sportier riders, especially over snaking country roads. Powerful brakes bring the vehicle relentlessly to a firm stop.
- Both models are fitted with brake callipers in a radial arrangement over the front wheel. The Nuda 900 features a Brembo four piston braking calliper bolted in a radial arrangement and 320 mm brake discs operating with sintered pads. In line with its great sporting claims, the Nuda 900R is fitted with Brembo monobloc callipers. The rear wheel brake in both models takes the form of a 265 mm brake disc and a Brembo two piston braking calliper.
- From the autumn of 2012, the Nuda 900 and Nuda 900R can also be ordered with ABS as an option fitted ex works. This is the most modern dual channel ABS on the market, the new Bosch 9MP.
- With a system weight of about one kilogram, this ABS generation is especially lightweight and highly compact to boot. This system features valves with linear adjustments for the best possible response. The latest generation of wheel sensors with forty eight teeth monitor automatically the distance between the sensor and the sensor wheel.
- In addition, a pressure sensor determines the brake pressure on the front wheel for regulating the rear wheel lift detection. When the rider wishes this, in particular for special challenges like the race track, he can disengage the ABS system.
|Engine type||Water cooled 4-stroke in-line two-cylinder, two overhead camshafts, dry sump lubrication|
|Bore / Stroke||84 mm x 81 mm|
|Rated output||77 kW (105 hp) at 8,500 rpm|
|Max. torque||100 Nm at 7,000 rpm|
|Mixture control / Engine management||Electronic intake pipe injection / digital engine management, two engine mappings (switchable by customer)|
|Emission control||Closed-loop 3-way catalytic converter, emission standard EU3 Performance|
|Maximum speed Over||200 km/h|
|Fuel consumption over||100 km at constant 90 km/h 3.9 l/ 100 km|
|Fuel consumption over||100 km at constant 120 km/h 5.3 l/ 100 km|
|Fuel type||Unleaded super, minimum octane rating 95 (RON)|
|Alternator||390 W 12V|
|Battery||14 Ah, maintenance free|
|Clutch||Multiple-disc clutch in oil bath, mechanically operated|
|Gearbox||Constant mesh 6-speed gearbox integrated into crankcase|
|Drive||Endless O-ring chain with shock damping in the rear hub|
|Frame||Tubular steel trellis main frame and rear frame, removable passenger footpegs|
|Front wheel location / suspension||Sachs Up Side Down fork, ø 48 mm|
|Rear wheel location / suspension||Cast aluminium dual swingarm, cantilever with Sachs shock absorber, spring preload mechanically adjustable, rebound damping adjustable|
|Travel front / rear||210 mm / 180 mm|
|Steering head angle||65.5°|
|Wheels||Cast aluminium wheel|
|Tyres, front||120/70 ZR 17|
|Tyres, rear||180/55 ZR 17|
|Brake, front||Brembo system: double floating discs, ø 320 mm, 4 - piston radial calipers with sintered pads|
|Brake, rear||Brembo system: single disc, ø 265 mm with floating caliper|
|Seat height, unladen weight||870 mm (860 mm low seat-accessory)|
|Inner leg curve||1,910 mm (1,890 mm low seat-accessory)|
|Unladen weight, road ready, fully fueled 1)||195 kg|
|Dry weight||174 kg|
|Permitted total weight||391 kg|
|Payload (with standard equipment)||196 kg|
|Usable tank volume||13 l|
|Reserve approx.||3 l|
|Height (not inc. mirrors)||1,220 mm|
|Width (inc. mirrors)||895 mm|