The Husqvarna Nuda 900R is a versatile motorcycle that offers a great handling at both low and high speeds.
It was developed jointly with BMW Motorrad, to offer a fairly fun riding experience; therefore it is packed with all the technologies expected from a modern crossover motorcycle.
At its heart lies a water cooled 4-stroke in-line two-cylinder engine with two overhead camshafts and dry sump lubrication. The engine’s power is rated at 77 kW (105 hp) at 8,500 rpm and 100 Nm of torque at 7,000 rpm.
The motorcycle’s backbone is represented by a torsionally rigid and lightweight tubular space frame made of steel. This frame sits on high quality suspensions which further enhance the motorcycle’s handling abilities.
To be able to deal effortless with any type of terrain, the Husqvarna Nuda 900R is equipped with 17 inch wheels wrapped in 120/70 ZR 17 front and 180/55 ZR 17 rear tyres.
Hit the jump for more information on the Husqvarna Nuda 900R.
Agile at low speeds, stable at high speeds
The Nuda 900 R is designed with stylish intent and is engineered to thrill. Bold and fresh Italian styling only hint at its possibilities, but don’t just look at it, we invite you to come and ride one at your nearest Husqvarna dealer.
Husqvarna Motorcycles is an international manufacturer of offroad and onroad motorcycles, originally founded in Sweden. The company joined the BMW Group in 2007 and has since been profiting from a dynamic and sustained boost to its innovative power.
Today, Husqvarna Motorcycles is headquartered in the North Italian town of Cassinetta di Biandronno in the Varese province and can look back on over one hundred years of traditional motorcycle building. This makes Husqvarna Motorcycles the world’s oldest motorcycle maker with an unbroken history of production, which has turned out a large number of championship winners.
For instance, the history of Husqvarna Motorcycles has recorded huge successes in international offroad racing, reaping eighty two championship titles to date. Husqvarna Motorcycles could also celebrate road racing victories in the twenties and thirties. It was therefore only logical to supplement its present model range with dynamic, sporty motorcycles for onroad riding.
Developed jointly with BMW Motorrad, the Husqvarna Nuda 900 and Husqvarna Nuda 900R models helped Husqvarna Motorcycles to make its comeback on the onroad motorcycle segment in 2011. Presenting the purist, sporty design language so characteristic of Husqvarna Motorcycles, these two crossover bikes form the dynamic riding bridge between the Supermoto and the naked bike, defying all attempts at categorisation.
Besides their daring, vital visual appeal, they also offer a sporty, dynamic riding experience where agility and performance enter into a harmonious union. As soon as they arrived, their dynamic riding properties were howered with praises from the trade press.
In just a short time, the list of their awards grew to a considerable size. For example, the Husqvarna Nuda 900R received the 2012 red dot award “best of the best”. The red dot award was established in 1955 and has since ranked among the world’s most significant awards on the sector of product design.
Not only that, the two Nuda models also won the favour of many MOTORRAD readers in the magazine’s 2012 Reader Awards, when they took their place on the winner’s rostrum in the Supermoto/Enduro categories. Last but not least,initial sales figures verify that the Nuda 900 and Nuda 900R meet the taste of many active riding motorcycle fans.
Looks and performance
Combining exotic Italian design with the technical brilliance and engineering expertise of the BMW Group, this road-going Husqvarna begs to be ridden hard and is equipped with the kind of quality components that allow you to exploit and enjoy its considerable performance potential. Unquestionably a Husqvarna, the Nuda 900 R proudly displays the company’s distinctive red and white competition colours, hinting at the impressive racing heritage that includes an enviable 82 world championship titles achieved to date.
The engine room
The heart and soul of the Nuda 900 R is the technologically advanced parallel twin BMW F 800 R motor, increased in capacity to 900cc and adapted to Husqvarna’s specific requirements to give the Nuda even more power and torque (>100hp and 100Nm) across the rev range. Check out the red rocker box cover too – you’ll see this Husqvarna ‘stamp’ on many of our sports machines.
Extracting the maximum
Getting the most from the Nuda 900 R is just a twist of the throttle away, backed up with a whole host of premium components and features on this exciting new machine that include:
- Fully adjustable 48mm Sachs forks at the front
- Öhlins rear shock
- Brembo monobloc racing brakes with 320mm discs providing huge stopping power
- Fuel tank under the seat for ideal weight distribution
- Carbon fibre clamp, end cap and heat shield on exhaust muffler
- Extremely low weight of less than 175kg
- Stripped to the bare essentials and exuding attitude and aggression in equal measures, the Nuda 900 R’s credentials are there for all to see.
- The Nuda 900 and Nuda 900R are now available with optional ABS for even greater braking safety.
- Husqvarna Motorcycles has now made further optimisations to its Nuda 900 and Nuda 900R, and will be fitting the optional safety feature ABS ex works to these purist, road ready sports bikes weighing only 195 kg each. Yet the Nuda 900 and Nuda 900R continue to rely on their established engineering basis. Their drive remains unchanged as a refined version of the BMW F 800 R two cylinder engine, delivering 77 kW (105 hp) at 8500 rpm and a max torque of 100 Nm at 7000 rpm.
- The suspension for the Nuda 900 and Nuda 900R is fitted on a torsionally rigid and lightweight tubular space frame of steel that integrates the engine as an additional supporting element. High quality suspension elements (the Nuda 900R features a fully configurable Öhlins rear spring strut with height adjustment) will thrill the more sportier riders, especially over snaking country roads. Powerful brakes bring the vehicle relentlessly to a firm stop.
- Both models are fitted with brake callipers in a radial arrangement over the front wheel. The Nuda 900 features a Brembo four piston braking calliper bolted in a radial arrangement and 320 mm brake discs operating with sintered pads. In line with its great sporting claims, the Nuda 900R is fitted with Brembo monobloc callipers. The rear wheel brake in both models takes the form of a 265 mm brake disc and a Brembo two piston braking calliper.
- From the autumn of 2012, the Nuda 900 and Nuda 900R can also be ordered with ABS as an option fitted ex works. This is the most modern dual channel ABS on the market, the new Bosch 9MP.
- With a system weight of about one kilogram, this ABS generation is especially lightweight and highly compact to boot. This system features valves with linear adjustments for the best possible response. The latest generation of wheel sensors with forty eight teeth monitor automatically the distance between the sensor and the sensor wheel.
- In addition, a pressure sensor determines the brake pressure on the front wheel for regulating the rear wheel lift detection. When the rider wishes this, in particular for special challenges like the race track, he can disengage the ABS system.
|Engine type||Water cooled 4-stroke in-line two-cylinder, two overhead camshafts, dry sump lubrication|
|Bore / Stroke||84 mm x 81 mm|
|Rated output||77 kW (105 hp) at 8,500 rpm|
|Max. torque||100 Nm at 7,000 rpm|
|Mixture control / Engine management||Electronic intake pipe injection / digital engine management, two engine mappings (switchable by customer)|
|Emission control||Closed-loop 3-way catalytic converter, emission standard EU3 Performance|
|Maximum speed||Over 200 km/h|
|Fuel consumption over||100 km at constant 90 km/h 4.3 l/ 100 km|
|Fuel type||Unleaded super, minimum octane rating 95 (RON)|
|Alternator||390 W 12V|
|Battery||14 Ah, maintenance free|
|Clutch||Multiple-disc clutch in oil bath, mechanically operated|
|Gearbox||Constant mesh 6-speed gearbox integrated into crankcase|
|Drive Endless||O-ring chain with shock damping in the rear hub|
|Frame||Tubular steel trellis main frame and rear frame, removable passenger footpegs|
|Front wheel location / suspension||Sachs Up Side Down fork, ø 48 mm, rebound and compression damping adjustable, spring preload mechanically adjustable|
|Rear wheel location / suspension||Cast aluminium dual swingarm, cantilever with Öhlins shock absorber, rebound and compression damping adjustable, spring preload mechanically adjustable, length adjustable (10 mm)|
|Travel front / rear||210 mm / 180 mm|
|Steering head angle||65.5°|
|Wheels||Cast aluminium wheel|
|Tyres, front||120/70 ZR 17|
|Tyres, rear||180/55 ZR 17|
|Brake, front||Brembo system: double floating discs, ø 320 mm. 4 - piston monoblock radial calipers with sintered pads|
|Brake, rear||Brembo system: single disc, ø 265 mm with floating caliper|
|Seat height, unladen weight||875 - 895 mm (adjustable rear shock length)|
|Inner leg curve||1,920 - 1,960 mm (adjustable rear shock length)|
|Unladen weight, road ready, fully fueled 1)||195 kg|
|Dry weight||174 kg|
|Permitted total weight||391 kg|
|Payload (with standard equipment)||196 kg|
|Usable tank volume||13 l|
|Reserve approx.||3 l|
|Height (not inc. mirrors)||1,225 - 1,245 mm|
|Width (inc. mirrors)||895 mm|