- Single cylinder 4 stroke
- 249ccm L
The MS3-250 is developed to exceed the normal needs for the users: maximum ergonomics, weak emissions, pleasant power and very thorough handiness.
The MS3-250 adapts without problem to a control downtown, on road and motorway.
Hyosung, the fast-expanding range of motorcycles from South Korea, now includes two ‘luxury’ scooter models with a choice of 125cc and 250cc engines. The new Hyosung MS3-125 is £2,149 and the MS3-250 is £2,649 on the road, and reach dealerships this month.
Designed to appeal not only to town and city commuters, but also to those who want to escape at weekends, both Hyosung MS3 scooters offer sleek and aerodynamic contemporary styling with plenty of practical touches. They have low emissions (Euro-3 compliant), ample power and are easy to ride and handle.
The single cylinder 249cc engine both double overhead camshafts and four valves with water cooling. An electric starter and automatic transmission make for easy riding, while twin front and single rear discs ensure plenty of stopping power. A nine litre fuel tank provides a very good range between fill-ups and a low 700mm seat height and plush seating will comfortably accommodate most riders.
The car-like instruments include analogue speedometer and tachometer dials, LCD odometer, trip meter and clock plus warning lights. Twin halogen headlamps and large LED tail and indicator lights ensure high visibility. A tinted screen offers good wind and weather protection.
Distributed by long-established E. P. Barrus Limited, the company has considerable scooter experience and also markets the PGO and Generic ranges of scooters in the UK. Matthew Gilder, general manager of the Barrus Vehicle Division explains:
“The arrival of the MS3 models takes Hyosung into the scooter market for the first time – a sector that has grown by over 16 per cent in the first quarter of this year. Hyosung is gaining an excellent reputation for quality and reliability – as well as value – and the MS3 broadens the brand’s appeal still further.”
Hyosung motorcycles combine outstanding value for money with advanced technologies and contemporary styling. Every model has a full two year warranty and one year’s roadside assistance.
- Liquid-cooled, 249cc/124cc DOHC 4-valve engine – designed to be compact, usable power with smooth operation.
- High-efficiency liquid-cooling system includes high-capacity radiator and thermostatically-controlled fan for optimized engine temperature under all operation condition.
- Advanced counter Balance system reduces engine vibrations at any RPM.
- Attractive exhausts system provides high heat resistance and features a stainless steel body and pipe for improved appearance
- Decompression system for easy engine starter.
- Piston injection is mounted directly in the crankcase and aimed directly at the piston for more efficient cooling, high-rotary and safety driving performance.
- CTV transmission is fully automatic and easy-to-use by the driver.
- Aluminum cylinder improves cooling-efficiency, and optimum piston clearance provides maximum power and realizes minimum blow-by gas.
- Metal Bearings in the crankshaft improve engine power under high-loading condition, and reduce engine vibration and noise.
- Crankcase air cylinder is mounted directly in the clutch cover, and it realizes better driving condition under optimized-cooling efficiency at the belt.
- Stylish bodywork with high-intensity Halogen headlamp(H7 55W x 2) , LED type Tail & Turn signal lamp, flash-mounted front turn signals designed for strength and rigidity.
- High-tensile steel-tube and double-cradle type frame designed for low vibration, strength and rigidity.
- Telescopic front fork with 35mm inner tubes, provides 85mm of wheel travel for sport performance and a comfortable ride.
- Double-shock absorber prevents roll from cornering condition, and features convenient hydraulic preload adjustment.
- Combination brake system to be linked front and rear disc brake provides maximum braking power at any condition.
- Lightweight wide aluminum wheels – Front 140/60-14, Rear 120/70-13 tire.
- Front disc brake with 240mm rotor and double-piston caliper, rear disc brake with 220mm rotor and double-piston caliper.
- Automotive-style instrument display with analog tachometer, speedometer, plus LCD odometer, trip meter and clock.
- Utility/Convenience Features.
- Power socket for an electric charging for electric devices such as PDA or cellular phone.
- Day-light on headlamp for rider’s safety and optimum visibility at any condition.
- Large trunk box to be detached from side covers easily and comfortable-double layer seat.
Displacement: 250.00 ccm (15.26 cubic inches)
Engine type: Single cylinder
Fuel control: DOHC
Cooling system: Liquid
Dry weight: 165.0 kg (363.8 pounds)
Overall height: 1,375 mm (54.1 inches)
Overall length: 2,126 mm (83.7 inches)
Overall width: 766 mm (30.2 inches)
Ground clearance: 125 mm (4.9 inches)
Wheelbase: 1,451 mm (57.1 inches)
- Front brakes: Double disc
- Rear brakes: Single disc
Fuel capacity: 9.00 litres (2.38 gallons)